Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost trying to choose a vape and liquid?

Options
  • 25-12-2016 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I have been looking through the stickies relating to device and liquid recommendations, and the FAQ, but there is just so much info.

I would like to just order a vape and some liquid today, which I would feel good about having done.

I do not mind spending a bit extra if it saves me money in the long road. I know the FAQ says the following is subjective, but if it is of any help, I smoke John Player Blue - normally around 10 per day. I drag very deep on the cigarette, so I usually finish within around 2 or 3 minutes.

Please recommend a vape, liquid, and where to buy. I am happy to order online if I will save money, even better if I can go in and buy somewhere in Dublin/Kildare and get started right away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Seems to have better reviews:

Joyetech Black eGo AIO E-Cigarette Kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Great shop in Palmerstown shopping centre, upstairs from supervalu. Forget the name but I go in there every few weeks! Might be e-smoke Ireland, that rings a bell.

The guys are all great, lots of different devices and juices to try out, you will not learn what you like or don't like online you'll have to try a few.

http://e-smokeireland.com

It is e-smoke, big selection, open Saturday too which is when I usually get to them

Go in and try out a few, I currently use a mix of mint and a fruity one, about 2/3 mint it works for me

Don't buy anything out of a newsagents which I used to do!

Brilliant! I have sent them an email asking when they are next open.

Is the Joytech Ego AIO a good starter device?

• Advertisement

dusf wrote: »

Don't know really, I have an aspire something or other. Get 2 batteries would be my best tip, possibly 2 of everything. Nothing worse than running out of battery when you are trying to vape instead of smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Tuesday from 12-4 according to their FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tried it and it was ok but due to a dodgy fire button had to change it for a better setup which worked out better for me in the long run. Saying that I wouldn't recommend it. The starter kits while better than the craptastic e-ciggies you get from normal newsagents don't come close to what a decent set-up can do.

The big thing to remember is the start up cost for any sort of good to great vaping setup is probley the same as the cost of a weeks worth of ciggies so not bank breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I am vaping 9 years now & most of my mods are 200w & I use low resistance coils most of the time.
    I fancied a change & I bought 2 of these http://e-smokeireland.com/product/aspire-pockex/
    What a great set-up,it uses these new coils http://e-smokeireland.com/product/nautilus-x-u-tech-coils/ the coils I bought are 0.6ohm,10 times better than the Joytech Ego AIO coils.
    You can also get a 1.5ohm coil which I never tried,you should get a tighter draw on the 1.5 coil.
    The 0.6 coil is fantastic for me,it gives a restricted lung hit & a slightly loose mouth to lung,I love it both ways.
    Here's a video of it...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY90EiNCr0k

I was well chuffed with this mod & the coils also fit the Nautilus X which interests me to buy a Nautilus X now,I wasn't keen on the old coils that came with the Nautilus X but these new 0.6 coils are a game changer for me.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Tuesday from 12-4 according to their FB page

Great, thanks, I will head there tomorrow so!
    Venom wrote: »
    Tried it and it was ok but due to a dodgy fire button had to change it for a better setup which worked out better for me in the long run. Saying that I wouldn't recommend it. The starter kits while better than the craptastic e-ciggies you get from normal newsagents don't come close to what a decent set-up can do.

What better set up did you change for or would you recommend?
    I am vaping 9 years now & most of my mods are 200w & I use low resistance coils most of the time.
    I fancied a change & I bought 2 of these http://e-smokeireland.com/product/aspire-pockex/
    What a great set-up,it uses these new coils http://e-smokeireland.com/product/nautilus-x-u-tech-coils/ the coils I bought are 0.6ohm,10 times better than the Joytech Ego AIO coils.

Thanks for the recommendation. I just watched another video, where the reviewer said 'the Joytech AIO was good, but this one takes it a step further...'

Aspire PockeX All In One Starter Kit | Best Mouth To Lung Kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

What better set up did you change for or would you recommend?

Im running a Innokin Surefire 4 TC 100 mod with a Kangertech Toptank Mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

When starting off, the less you know the better honestly. Buy an affordable mod that someone here recommends, don't overthink it. There's too much choice

In the end, the mod just gives power and the tank just gives vapour.

There's a shop on the Walkinstown roundabout with fairly knowledgable lads if that's closer than palmerstown. They have all the top gear you'd expect from a proper shop

If you're asking for advice in a shop, tell them you want something that's mouth to lung (MTL). That's basically more like smoking a cig. I'd say it's more common for people to vape direct to the lungs but the majority start off with MTL just because we were all smokers

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

I have the Joyetech AIO and the Pockex - both are excellent starter kits.

The AIO has a bit of a problem with high VG juices (above 60% VG) which is what I vape so I got the Pockex to see if it's better (it is). I also got the Pockex because the coils are compatible with the Nautilus X tank, and they work really well. That will simplify my ordering in future - just one set of coils, rather than several different types.

Either of them will be a fine starter kit, with maybe a 9-12mg juice (Liqua juices are good to start off with), and the price is less than a weeks smoking, so you really have nothing to lose. A 10 ml bottle will probably be in the region of 2-4 days supply, but you'll find your own levels soon enough.

Thanks for the further advice.

I went with the PockeX AIO and I am very happy with it. The juice bottle is in the car, so not sure what it is. It is 18mg menthol though, the guy recommended that strength, saying my body would notice the difference so I may need that amount starting off. I will reduce it with the next bottle, if not before I reach the end of the bottle.

I take about 4/5 quick drags from the PockeX, it really does remove the craving, does not feel unlike smoking - which is a hell of a different experience I had years ago from a cheap supermarket mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Thanks for the further advice.

I went with the PockeX AIO and I am very happy with it. The juice bottle is in the car, so not sure what it is. It is 18mg menthol though, the guy recommended that strength, saying my body would notice the difference so I may need that amount starting off. I will reduce it with the next bottle, if not before I reach the end of the bottle.

I take about 4/5 quick drags from the PockeX, it really does remove the craving, does not feel unlike smoking - which is a hell of a different experience I had years ago from a cheap supermarket mod.

Good to hear that it's working for you,I started on 36mg & then down to 24mg,I'm so happy with 24mg.
    On the other hand,if you use the Pockex for direct lung vaping,you must get the Nic strength down to at least 6mg or you will end up coughing like mad if you use the 18mg that you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Don't worry about the strength, do whatever is most comfortable. I started on 24mg with the cheapo pen vapes but they don't have the power to hit you hard, now I use 5-6mg.

You'll know yourself what's the best for ya. If you can buy PG and VG you can dilute it down yourself fairly easily.

If you're a big fan of methol it's the by far the easiest juice to make yourself. Literally 4 cheap ingredients

Advertisement