Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any takeaways open today?

Options
  • 25-12-2016 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Long shot but any takeaways open in d15 today? Just-eat and Marvin apps both closed, every place i try lets me get all the way to the checkout before saying they're not delivering. Not fussy about what type of food, I'm just starving. Slaved all morning cooking for the family before a major row erupted and I walked away. I'm 8 months pregnant so don't want to be dealing with the stress! My fridge at home is empty :'(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Dominos are open I think. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Try the Turkish ones.

A few in Limerick are open today so prob the same in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Thumpette wrote:
    Dominos are open I think. 😊

Unfortunately not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Sorry to hear that, wishing you a happier new year. Perhaps some Chinese / Indian's / hotel's open ?

Try the Turkish ones.

I don't know if we have any in this area, google isn't much help

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

rawn wrote: »
    I don't know if we have any in this area, google isn't much help

Most petrol stations are open you could pick something up there?

Stheno wrote:
    Most petrol stations are open you could pick something up there?

I bypassed one on the walk home and it was closed, there could be another one but honestly I'm too uncomfortably pregnant to go looking! (i don't drive)

Skommando wrote:
    Sorry to hear that, wishing you a happier new year. Perhaps some Chinese / Indian's / hotel's open ?

No chineses so far, I'll try Indian *fingers crossed *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just PM'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Check PM's if you didn't get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Would the just eat website list places open today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you haven't been sorted by now four star was open last year on Christmas Day. Hope you're ok op x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just checking op and four star are closed today I hope you've found somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

If you're still stuck this am I have a pile of still in package Christmas food. Rather than dump in bin I'd be happy to drop to you.

Similar circumstances...what is it about families and Christmas!

Thanks all for you suggestions and your offers to drop me down food, what an unbelievably kind bunch we have here at boards! My hubby ended up coming home early, i hadn't told him I was home as i didn't want to ruin his day with his family but he showed up, then went back to his mothers for leftovers for me :) thank you all and merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Glad the day recovered somewhat, OP.
    Wishing you a good day today, and best of luck for the new babba!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

rawn wrote: »
    Long shot but any takeaways open in d15 today? Just-eat and Marvin apps both closed, every place i try lets me get all the way to the checkout before saying they're not delivering. Not fussy about what type of food, I'm just starving. Slaved all morning cooking for the family before a major row erupted and I walked away. I'm 8 months pregnant so don't want to be dealing with the stress! My fridge at home is empty :'(

I know its a bit late, but for next year The falafel restaurant in the coolmine industrial estate was open Christmas day

Advertisement