Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refurbished pc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

An old small company I used to work for used to buy those in bulk for deployment to a range of clients. Grand machines. We'd stick a SSD in them for an added kick.

Sure the windows licence alone is probably worth half what they're selling for there. You'll need to pay for Office in top of that - unless you can work with Libre Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Seems okay but the CPU is overpowered and the HDD ridiculously small. There seems to be adverts.ie sellers with some really good old office machines for 200-300 euro.

Edit: First one I found - a good bit slower than the one you linked, but fine for office work. Decent sized HDD and I'd venture he'd be talked down to €150.

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/dell-optiplex-790-2nd-gen-i3-4gb-1tb-dp/11990085

Edit 2: Fast = SSD (solid state drive) rather than any other consideration these days. Even first generation i3's will be plenty fast enough to cope with anything office or web browsing. 4GB ram is also okay but 8GB will mean you can have 50 tabs open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

check out user TerrorFirmer on adverts, i got a pc off him recently and it's been excellent, good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

For a similar price you can build new. Not sure if it would be much of a difference with going through a German supplier with €30 package and postage.

Aerocool CS-101 Case
    £24.95
    MSI H110M-PRO-D Motherboard £46.75
    Intel Celeron G3900 CPU £36.45
    Crucial 8 GB Single Ranked DDR4 Ram £43.82
    BeQuiet 300 W SFX PSU £49.99
    Integral V Series 120 GB SSD £39.99

Total £241.95 plus postage.

Doh! Stupid copy and paste error. Fixed now.

• Advertisement

I can't change the quoted text, but I changed my post. As any 'proper' I.T guy says, it works on my PC. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

FWIW

Some time ago I bought some laptops from

http://www.refreshedbyus.com/

All good and still in use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A good option in these cases is to pick up a 2nd hand Dell/HP/similar with a 2nd gen+ i5 or i7 for €150 or so, then add your own 120 or 240GB SSD. They usually come with valid Win7/8 licenses so they're excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Thanks Everybody I bought one of these

http://www.refreshedbyus.com/refurbished-hp-8200-elite-sff-desktop-3-4ghz-i7-4gb-250gb-windows-10

Working great very fast PC and Service from refreshedbyus was great

Advertisement