Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

I'll be able to get the tickets tomorrow morning. Is it better to get hogan/cusack lower to get a better view?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

eldest200 wrote: »
    I'll be able to get the tickets tomorrow morning. Is it better to get hogan/cusack lower to get a better view?

The view is going to be the least of your worries....Believe me

Was there for Bruce. The sound wasn't that good. When he started telling stories it was hard to hear. That was the cusack - upper. What's the best area to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was there for Bruce. The sound wasn't that good. When he started telling stories it was hard to hear. That was the cusack - upper. What's the best area to get?
    The pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hogan lower sec 335-331
    Cusack lower sec 303-308

I would not go for any Davin stand ticket, I imagine the upper stands would have a good view but the sound may be ****e

The layout is weird for this with the wheelchair sections up a lot closer than it was for other concerts(located on both sides of pitch 1), it's normally down by the Davin stand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The radio are saying tickets available from €34.50 (or something close to that)

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hogan lower sec 335-331
    Cusack lower sec 303-308

I would not go for any Davin stand ticket, I imagine the upper stands would have a good view but the sound may be ****e
    Saw the 360 tour in the upper Davin. Sound was great but couldn't see a fúcking thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Synode wrote: »

Seats up in the clouds I'd expect? Any seat at croker is a bad idea. Standing is the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

The Nal wrote: »
    Saw the 360 tour in the upper Davin. Sound was great but couldn't see a fúcking thing.

The one and only time it's been good. And that was purely because of the way the band had the PA laid out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Synode wrote: »
    I'd say about 20 tickets at that price, all in the nosebleeds and behind a pillar. They just like to be able to advertise it as 'prices starting from €34.50'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Form a reply ticketmaster gave on twitter:

Standing: €76 +s/c
    Upper Tier: €39.05-€110 +s/c
    Lower Tier: €76-€186 +s/c
    Note, prices can change up until tickets go on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

OK stupid question here. Everyone who registers on U2 site guaranteed tickets? Or there is a limited pool to buy from? Put simply, if I join now would I be guaranteed pitch tickets if I want?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Hope to fcuk I get a decent ticket. Not worth it otherwise. Wish it was in the 3 arena again!

Anybody buying tickets for the foreign shows? I was looking on the German ticketmaster and all the tickets are more expensive again, plus they charge 34 euro intl delivery!

Anybody know what the Italian equivilant of ticketmaster is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Hope to fcuk I get a decent ticket. Not worth it otherwise. Wish it was in the 3 arena again!

Anybody buying tickets for the foreign shows? I was looking on the German ticketmaster and all the tickets are more expensive again, plus they charge 34 euro intl delivery!

Was thinking of buying 2 tickets for Amsterdam - I reckon that will be a great show

I would stand but my dad doesn't like standing concerts. I'll probably end up getting cusack lower sec

JKerova1 wrote: »

www.ticketone.it

Saw the Vertigo tour in Rome and can't recommend it highly enough. The Italians are fúcking mental. Bono doing Pavarotti's bit in Miss Sarajevo remains one of my favourite gig moments ever.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Form a reply ticketmaster gave on twitter:

Standing: €76 +s/c
    Upper Tier: €39.05-€110 +s/c
    Lower Tier: €76-€186 +s/c
    Note, prices can change up until tickets go on sale

E110 for the upper tiers are not bad but you could be up really high and hear **** all, would not mind being in rows A-D in the upper though
    g0g wrote: »
    OK stupid question here. Everyone who registers on U2 site guaranteed tickets? Or there is a limited pool to buy from? Put simply, if I join now would I be guaranteed pitch tickets if I want?

The fan club sales are through TM so its the same as the general sale, every person for themselves no guarantee of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The fan club sales are through TM so its the same as the general sale, every person for themselves no guarantee of tickets

Wonder is there a limit to the tickets available on presale...

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Wooderson wrote: »

Would imagine there is,I had lower level pre sale on last tour and got no Dublin ticket in pre sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

I've no doubt there is a limit on the amount of presale tickets. Not everyone that has a presale code will get a ticket imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

4. But you can for example by two for Croker, one for Amsterdam and one for Paris...

u2.com/help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

I'd feel a bit robbed if there is. I'm maybe a bit naive but surely if people miss out in the presale that means it's sold out and won't be going on general sale at all. Would be very unfair if people in the presale don't get tickets yet people pick them up on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

I listen to a lot of American radio & they're going absolutely nuts for this tour over there. Every station I listen to is goiving away tickets, I'm hearing Joshua Tree tracks every hour including non single ones & B-sides

It's reminding me a lot of this

Reckon about 70% of the tickets will go on sale next Monday

The fan club may have about a 10% allocation for the sales

12% will go to sponsors/family and friends of the band

About 10% to the premium ticket holders

The remaining 8% or less will be held back and may go on sale at a later date eg production seats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The remaining 8% or less will be held back and may go on sale at a later date eg production seats
    Are you basing it on anything concrete or just pure out of the ar$e figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Thats a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The pitch

Seconded. Last seen U2 at Croke Park for the HTDAAB Tour, sat up in the Davin/Canal Stand, sound really spoiled it. Pitch is the only place to be. Even if standing for next to 5 hrs like I was for Bruce, makes it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Bono doing Pavarotti's bit in Miss Sarajevo remains one of my favourite gig moments ever.

Sends a shiver down my spine every time i hear it, In my mind it is the greatest single performance by Bono, ever, I've seen them many many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Only 10% in presale is obviously BS! Why would they bother doing that it at all if that was the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Redo91 wrote: »
    Only 10% in presale is obviously BS! Why would they bother doing that it at all if that was the case?

That's still around 8,000 tickets. Its more than a token gesture.

Advertisement