Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bought myself a better ticket without an obstructed view, after seeing the stage and where my seat was, I wasn't happy with it.

So now I have a spare...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Gintonious wrote: »
    Bought myself a better ticket without an obstructed view, after seeing the stage and where my seat was, I wasn't happy with it.

So now I have a spare...

What photo were you looking at? The one previously posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

So now I have a spare...

How much would you sell the spare for? (If selling the spare)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The middle tier tickets are normally the premium aren't they? They say obstructed view but I think it just means they're at the back of the section and perhaps the roof will be in your way?

Although there are some Row As available around the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

keith06 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone sat in section 301 and should I have any hope of seeing anything? Thanks.

I think the tickets they sold today in 301 started at number 19 ,which is in line with the front of the black truck I posted in the picture above ,so its a very good view .
    The view of the screen from that angle may not be the best but you will have a clear view of the band.
    The middle tier tickets are normally the premium aren't they? They say obstructed view but I think it just means they're at the back of the section and perhaps the roof will be in your way?
    Just had a look there ,the obstructed premium level ones are in the Davin stand ,they will be obstructed by the speaker booster stands and lighting masts.
    They have a cheek looking for full price for that to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

Thanks, anything will do was losing hope of getting anything, just trying to figure out the section before the bus is that 301? It's half the size of the other sections. I know stupid question sorry

How much would you sell the spare for? (If selling the spare)

Just the price it cost me, I am not a tout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just had a look there ,the obstructed premium level ones are in the Davin stand ,they will be obstructed by the speaker booster stands and lighting masts.
    They have a cheek looking for full price for that to be honest.

Any idea of the views from Upper Davin Obstructed?

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    What photo were you looking at? The one previously posted?

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-21%20at%2016.55.20_zpsgrluivus.png

Saw this on Twitter, I would have been in the corner there.

Ah it won't show!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Just the price it cost me, I am not a tout :D

Haha tu ché, how much was the original cost? And where is the seat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I'm signing off. I hope everyone has a bloody great day. Ye will all be blown away.

Cheers to those who gave the heads up about the tickets.

See ye in Croke Park with an obstructed view!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-21%20at%2016.55.20_zpsgrluivus.png?t=1500566594

Saw this on Twitter, I would have been in the corner there.

Ah it won't show!

Ah no worries - sure all will be revealed tomorrow! :) I can't argue anyway at 39euro a ticket. Plus, at 5ft 2 and way up at the top of the Cusack stand I'll see more than I would have on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

There has been some top quality work done on this thread today.

Well done to one and all.

I think I might head off now and listen to....The Joshua Tree on the way home....again!!

I was at opening night for this tour, so seeing that and then tomorrow...oh boy.

And I have a spare ticket going at cost of €82.85 (includes the service) charge if that tickles anyones fancy, its for section 336 LOW.

3 times asked, no luck. Ha I give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Thanks, anything will do was losing hope of getting anything, just trying to figure out the section before the bus is that 301? It's half the size of the other sections. I know stupid question sorry

301 is the section before the bus and also past it,half is before the steps ,half after.
    Seat 19 is 5 seats after the steps away from Hill 16.

From reading other people at other gigs the reason they are obstructed is because of the sound tent blocking some of the view of the B stage .
    The main stage should be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

Cheers misteranarchy, I'm seats 21-22 so hopefully not too bad but as I keep telling myself it's just good to be there. Seen coldplay 2 weeks ago and was awesome, usually not a fan of Croke Park gig's cause the sound can b unpredictable but they nailed it that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's proven today

WHEN A BIG SCALE IS LISTED AS SOLD OUT ITS NOT ACTUALLY SOLD OUT

Glad a lot of guys got sorted

From reading other people at other gigs the reason they are obstructed is because of the sound tent blocking some of the view of the B stage .
    The main stage should be fine though.

Ok thanks. Not too bothered about a small section being obstructed and the massive screen should hopefully make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Still some singles available for 186.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

I have a single ticket in section 336 for cost, cost me €82.85

Pm if you wish.

And as I am sitting here in Marino, I hear the soundcheck going on...excitement builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

cant believe it guys - bit the bullet and sorted my ticket last night only for it to fall through. absolutley broken hearted. would anyone know of anyone who has a spare pitch ticket, at my wits end refreshing ticketmaster and donedeal here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

cant believe it guys - bit the bullet and sorted my ticket last night only for it to fall through. absolutley broken hearted. would anyone know of anyone who has a spare pitch ticket, at my wits end refreshing ticketmaster and donedeal here :(

Sorry to hear it.
    I've a spare seat in Lower Cusack if you're stuck.
    I've no doubt you'd be able to make it on to the pitch, either by finding a kindly security person, or bribing an unkindly one :)

Edit: ticket now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

lambayire wrote: »
    There has been some top quality work done on this thread today.

Well done to one and all.

I think I might head off now and listen to....The Joshua Tree on the way home....again!!

I've never heard The Joshua Tree in full.

Tomorrow will be my, ahem, first time....

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it.
    I've a spare seat in Lower Cusack if you're stuck.
    I've no doubt you'd be able to make it on to the pitch, either by finding a kindly security person, or bribing an unkindly one :)

Edit: 2 people have been in touch by PM.
    Will note here if either of them take it.
    (ps Mods, I know selling not normally allowed, can take it to Toutless if necessary)..

nice one, are they the 186e ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

301 is the section before the bus and also past it,half is before the steps ,half after.
    Seat 19 is 5 seats after the steps away from Hill 16.

Do you, or anyone else know, which way the individually numbered seats go in Croke Park please? Definitely not on their site. Have done a pile of searches -
    only old info from years ago. From your post above it does not look like the rows start at 1 from the aisle on right to left. So where is seat 1 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Got tickets thanks to this forum. Fair play too everyone keeping others informed. Got tickets in section 301, I know the view won't be hectic bit at this stage just happy to be there. Was sick at the thoughts of missing the show but didn't fancy been ripped off either. Just wondering has anyone sat in section 301 and should I have any hope of seeing anything? Thanks.

I'm in 301 also. Tomorrow we're the bad asses at the back of the class.

I'll flash my tits if the view is really cr@p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 AnMoralltach

Do you, or anyone else know, which way the individually numbered seats go in Croke Park please? Definitely not on their site. Have done a pile of searches -
    only old info from years ago. From your post above it does not look like the rows start at 1 from the aisle on right to left. So where is seat 1 please?

The stadium is designed so that seat 14-15 is the split in the row no matter what section you're in. Seat numbers run left to right when viewed from pitch

Advertisement