Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

7pm, Noel G has just kicked off, enjoy everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Noel Gallagher was great! The poor guy seated next to me paid €350 for his ticket on seat wave. The sooner they stamp out this legal touting ****e the better. Really enjoying the atmosphere here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

miketv wrote: »
    Noel Gallagher was great! The poor guy seated next to me paid €350 for his ticket on seat wave. The sooner they stamp out this legal touting ****e the better. Really enjoying the atmosphere here!

No argument there something needs to be done it's been overstated enough, but for now people paying those stupid prices are a large part of the blame also they give the racket so much life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is Aphex Twin supporting U2 too?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

There's a guy on periscope broadcasting live from croker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Is Aphex Twin supporting U2 too?

Next Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have Croke Park got some sort of sound control at the concert, hearing practically nothing in comparison to other concerts over the years, (heard last nights sound check very clear).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Well vertigo worked a treat. Moved down to cusack lower right beside the stage. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sound quality was fantastic

Great show, even better than Twickers

The little things to finish, Hope you liked it whoever hasn't heard it before, it's a quality tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Have seen every u2 tour since in unforgettable fire... I think that was the best since point depot on new years eve 89....I was in pitch 2 which probably helped, but hope everyone enjoyed it as much as me

Brilliant gig, glad I'm not regretting my last minute purchase! :D loved all the movies they shot for the show, they were really beautiful and atmospheric, felt like I was watching a visual album. Really loved Ultraviolet too, the tribute to women was very moving.

Edit: sound was also great in upper hogan, one or two moments that were a bit echoy but otherwise crystal clear all night

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Really fantastic, what a concert. That was on par with Slane. I've seen U2 five or six times and that was such an incredible concert. The audience from the furtherst back to the highest seats in the the highest stands were hopping.

The first 9 or 10 songs were epic. Noel Gallagher as support was also great and his Wonderall and Don't look back in Anger really got all the crowd going.

Some of the highlights for me:

1) the airplanes fly over at the intro to The Streets with no Name was such a joy with the surge in the crowds volume

2) Larry turning around to jesture and stare into the camera during I think Beatiful Day and the crowds reaction

3) the first batch of songs up to and including Still haven't Found. The whole stadium was going mental on every song.

4) vertigo, elevation and Beautiful Day on the encore. It was like the start of the concert again. The place erupted.

5) the Audience. The place was packed including the pitch and everyone was jumping for it.

6) the backing videos they shot for the songs particular streets have no name. Really added to the atmosphere.

Have to say, one of the best concerts I was at.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing show

Came across a few agressive foreigners (esp the prick who elbowed me at the merch stand on the Hogan lower side)

Loved the setlist but would of loved too hear I will follow

Noel Gallagher was pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Can't disagree with those highlights. Hell the whole night was packed with highlights.

Also Red Hill town with the brass band video, trip through your wires and exit were epic live. Then mothers of the dissappeared was a moving finale. What an album live. If they played the album live twice over I'd have been a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Just home now. What a gig!!

Crowd was fantastic, amazing atmosphere, loved it all!!

Say what you want about U2 but their live shows are amazing and Bono is an incredible singer. Love his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Still hearing noise in the night sky but it could be an after party. Half asleep in bed a little over a km from croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Keep this basic and straight to the point.

1. Best sound I've ever heard at an outdoor gig. I could actually hear individual notes played on the bass/guitar it was that good.

2. Best version I've ever experienced of Streets. The planes too were a quality touch.

3. The opening 4 songs are outrageous. No other band that are still in existence could open with so many anthems like that and still have so much left to give

4. Despite the fact they bring it back up in mood and tempo, Miss Sarajevo does not work where it is..

5. I don't like the track but, Elevation is a great live song.

6. They need to end it differently. Others said it on the way out. Little Things is actually so personal to me and I adore the track and think it's great....However, it's not a song to end with. It reminds me of a personal problem I have and it connects with it but, I want to be leaving the gig on a high. I don't wanna be leaving a gig thinking about certain bad things in my life.

Overall though, a fantastic gig! Just a shame it's over

They are just a top class, out of this world band!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Sound quality was fantastic

Really? I thought the sound was very poor and so did numerous friends scattered around the ground.
    The bass was over powering, the guitar was all over the place and bonos voice was indistinct.
    Compared to coldplay there a few weeks ago, the sound was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Amazing gig, fifth U2 gig for me and I think probably the best one. Was great to hear the likes of In God's Country and Trip Through Your Wires. Too many highlights to mention.

Plus, Bono seems to be singing better than ever. Absolutely nailed Red Hill Mining Town which is a tough vocal at his age. U2 are just a class act when it comes to live gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Really? I thought the sound was very poor and so did numerous friends scattered around the ground.
    The bass was over powering, the guitar was all over the place and bonos voice was indistinct.
    Compared to coldplay there a few weeks ago, the sound was rubbish.

Sound where I was standing was ridiculous.

I'd actually go as far as to say it was the best sound I've heard at any gig and I've been to nearly 200

Back home safe in Waterford enjoyed every min of this thread since I started it

Roll on the next u2 tour

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Back home safe in Waterford enjoyed every min of this thread since I started it

Roll on the next u2 tour

You got out of town quick!

I'm just in the door myself, we got the train but must have been on it nearly half an hour before it left Drumcondra, then into the local for a sneaky pint and a bag of chips on the way home.

Re the sound, we were pitch 2, just right of the Tree stage, pretty much dead centre. Everyone around us thought it was great sound and some went as far to say as the best U2 show they ever seen. I'll reserve judgement on that, I've probably seen more than them but it sure is up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Thanks to a very kind stranger/fan I ended up at the show tonight.

Echo whats been said, it was amazing. Lots of songs I've never heard live. Bad was a first for me, have always missed it in the past with it being play the show before or after the ones I've been at. Then all the Joshua Tree rarities. Sound was great for where I was in the cusack three blocks from the stage. Had a the small side speaker stack that was kind of side stage pointing right at that block so I'd say that helped.

So glad to have gotten there. After thinking I wouldn't be there the past week getting a ticket today was such a great surprise, that added to the whole event!

Any other thoughts on the little things?

I was at Twick 2 and they didn't play it, they had done previous night so I was raging. I had purposely stayed away from listening to it but since then I've downloaded a version or 2 and it has been on a loop all week. I even caught my 8 year old daughter singing it to herself today, I've trained her well. Only raging there wasn't a second night I could bring her to

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

WTF...This was my 12th U2 gig spanning over 25 years and I must say it's the worst concert I have ever been at.
    We were in the Hogan stand lower and the sound was brutal. We could hardly hear Bono but it was the same with Noel Gallagher. It absolutely ruined the night.
    Also we seemed to be surrounded by people who knew streets, vertigo, elevation etc and didn't have a clue about most of the songs off the album they were there to listen to. Once they didn't know it they would talk through the song with no regard for the real fans.
    Never again will I sit in Croke Park for a gig. What a f*****g joke.

Seve OB wrote: »
    You got out of town quick!

I'm just in the door myself, we got the train but must have been on it nearly half an hour before it left Drumcondra, then into the local for a sneaky pint and a bag of chips on the way home.

Re the sound, we were pitch 2, just right of the Tree stage, pretty much dead centre. Everyone around us thought it was great sound and some went as far to say as the best U2 show they ever seen. I'll reserve judgement on that, I've probably seen more than them but it sure is up there.

We parked up some side street up the road from quinns and got out on the motorway pretty quick road too Waterford was pretty quite

Sound was great from Hogan lower. Missed a bit of the fly by as I wasant expecting it for streets but it was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

A great gig on its own, but in the context of the tour and the night that was in it a lazy setlist. Not using the screen for the b-stage stuff isn't a good move for people on the pitch. And no A Sort of Homecoming..... Flyover really stole the show, fair play to them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Sat/stood at y seat in cusack stand top tier. I thought the sound was excellent to be honest.

Was a twick also and felt tonight was way better.

Waited for years to see the lads live but my third gig in two years. So happy days. Hopefully I'll get ticks for next year's tour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Fifth time seeing the band. Loved every second of it. Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day were fantastic openers. Bad is my favourite song and they put on a great performance of it but weirdly enough I was disappointed to hear it tonight.... I was hoping for A Sort or Homecoming. Ah well!

The whole of the Joshua Tree was exhilarating. Obviously, the hits were brilliant as usual but I was particularly impressed with Red Hil Mining Town, which I've heard mixing reactions to on the tour so far but they absolutely nailed it, particularly Bono. Mothers and Exit were fantastic too.

The encore opening with Miss Sarajevo is a bit weird, especially without Bono attempting the operatic part. But the energy comes back with Elevation and Vertigo. I really enjoyed Little Things. I think it's a really lovely song that gets stuck in your head quite easily.

All in all, I thought it was thrilling. Well done boys.

Advertisement