Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 whiteknight12

Boatlake wrote: »
    They didn't have a flyover in Rome but the 40,000 flash mob was much better,

Have to agree with you that it was superior in every way. Except the security was terribly slow getting in.

Did Bono do as much preaching in Rome as in Dublin....I felt it took from the flow of the concert...the streams of fans leaving early was unexpected I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Everyone seems to be raving about this flyover but its all been done before back in 1975 at Knebworth festival with Pink Floyd, they had a flyover when they opened with Shine on you Crazy Diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I was nearly in line with the centre of the stage in Pitch 2 and the flyover looked central.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wasn't as cool as this

https://youtu.be/waMjP35dLKI

0-24

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

I think you need to reread green goblins post and then the penny might drop

It did. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Boatlake

Did Bono do as much preaching in Rome as in Dublin....I felt it took from the flow of the concert...

No preaching. He did briefly speak in Italian and said how much the band loves Italy and its people. Spoke of the close ties between Italy and Ireland. Seemed genuine.

His few words were well received. Then he got back to singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I was just left of center and 3 people deep from the front barrier of Pitch 1 for the gig. While I really enjoyed the gig I felt I didn't love it as much as I had hoped I would. The crowd around us were terrible- made up of mostly people that had traveled from abroad for it (which doesn't bother me at all) but they just stood still-didn't clap, didn't jump and didn't seem to get excited at all. I felt that atmosphere was pretty flat where we were.
    I had seen U2 at Slane in 2001 and although I don't remember it clearly I'll still remember it as being an amazing gig start to finish, I'm no super fan but personally I felt this lacked something.
    Despite being up close at the barrier of Pitch 1 I found them hard to see the band a lot of the time.
    Myself and my friend were gifted the tickets so really it was a privilege to be there.

Highlights for me were: Sunday Bloody Sunday opening, The Flyover during Where the Streets Had to Name, Vertigo really livening up the place and the backdrop during it was brilliant and I thought the inclusion of Dara Fitzpatrick was very special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "Did Bono do as much preaching in Rome as in Dublin".?!?

He didn't do any preaching in Dublin:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

poundhound wrote: »
    Re "Did Bono do as much preaching in Rome as in Dublin".?!?

He didn't do any preaching in Dublin:confused:

Yeah....He hasn't done too much preaching really since 360.

But, as you know, everyone hates Bono (why that is, I don't know. I think he's great) so anything to give him a kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The fly over Didn't look as central too me as it did does in the offical videos of it on u2s Instagram. I was in lower Hogan section 333 row Q. Tbh didn't see much of it with my own eyes it truly came out of nowhere

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW8Vg1xBsX_/

So after 2 days i can still say What a gig it was and look forward too getting a bootleg of it somewhere. I'll never forget it

a few of the videos on the ground look like they came in arseways and to the side, but in this vid it looks pretty straight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yuup, pretty much dead centre i got a few good pics of it, was nice that i was looking at the exact moment they appeared over the screen, being so close they came up very quickly

https://www.facebook.com/u2/videos/10155895432671686/

Big shout out too Noel Gallagher and the HFB great support

I'd love an Oasis reunion show in Croke Park, might happen one day you never know ££ talks

Can see U2 playing Slane in the near future and maybe PUC in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The fly over Didn't look as central too me as it did does in the offical videos of it on u2s Instagram. I was in lower Hogan section 333 row Q. Tbh didn't see much of it with my own eyes it truly came out of nowhere

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW8Vg1xBsX_/

So after 2 days i can still say What a gig it was and look forward too getting a bootleg of it somewhere. I'll never forget it

We were in row NN in the Lower Hogan and we couldn't see the flyover. And we had been watching out for it as we knew it was coming up. We could see the smoke from the planes, but not the planes.

heres my recording of the flyover

Lower Hogan Block 333 Row Q

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

That flyover was so good that I can't even remember who was playing that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'd love an Oasis reunion show in Croke Park, might happen one day you never know ££ talks

Which is funny because apart from Andy Bell and some Liam fella the guts of them were up there playing they are even dubbed a tribute band by some in here not sure if serious?? :pac:

Still the music Noel is releasing is undeniably exactly what Oasis would be releasing were they around the only difference Liam doing most of the vocals, the name sells took in a gig of NGHFB when they released the last album it was called the Chasing Yesterday tour people mustn't have read that but the album was just released maybe you can excuse that? Nah because not much more knew the first album either they were there for the Oasis tunes they delivered but it was so noticeable the amount of unresponsive's for the rest, what were the crowd like for the non Oasis tracks in Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

First U2 gig and to be honest , i'll prob not go again

I was at coldplay 2 weeks earlier and that was a show

Suppose i just expected visually more from them , granted the big screen was amazing etc

I was in the davin stand upper tier and unless they had the screen focused on the band members you were ****ed , couple of delays in sound too , sort of sounded like a screw up in timing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

My mate who is a bigger U2 fan than Coldplay said the same thing, and from the videos I saw of Coldplay it did look amazing.

In fairness they're probably at their peak now whereas U2 are literally on the verge of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Imagine Coldplay trying to do ZooTV. They are not even in the same league as U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Oh it'll happen alright... but please God it won't be in Croker.

Hate the place with a passion..... ruined the first night of Springsteen on me last year (given I was in the seats) and made dam sure the second night I was in the pit...... same with The Police about ten years back. Hate everything about the place.

Has Aiken ever promoted a concert at Aviva does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

My mate who is a bigger U2 fan than Coldplay said the same thing, and from the videos I saw of Coldplay it did look amazing.

Saw some Coldplay vids meself...solid atmosphere especially given they were fawning over such bang average music IMO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Imagine Coldplay trying to do ZooTV. They are not even in the same league as U2.

Think going by album sales , coldplay would Be close tp u2 if u go by wiki

Dont get the hate for Croke Park tbh i love the venue and it's easily accessible from everywhere

Beats been in a field in middle of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

In fairness they're probably at their peak now whereas U2 are literally on the verge of retirement.

I was at both gigs and it pains me to say it but I have to agree with your mate ,Coldplay blew U2 out of the water.

Coldplay's show was far more energetic and the sound and lighting was superb.
    It was a real carnival atmosphere with the fireworks and xylobands and they used the B stage and screens better than U2 did,the atmosphere was electric,the best I have ever seen at a stadium concert.

I didn't like how U2 deployed the screen ,too much Corbijn imagery and not enough closeups of the band.
    U2 seemed jaded in comparison to Coldplay ,who musically are not as good but they put on a brilliant show.
    Even Chris Martin who can be a bit of a prat came across more sincerely than Bono in his speeches and he did a nice improvised song with a guy from the crowd who was crowd surfing on a wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭C__MC

I was at both gigs and it pains me to say it but I have to agree with your mate ,Coldplay blew U2 out of the water.

Coldplay's show was far more energetic and the sound and lighting was superb.
    It was a real carnival atmosphere with the fireworks and xylobands and they used the B stage and screens better than U2 did,the atmosphere was electric,the best I have ever seen at a stadium concert.

I didn't like how U2 deployed the screen ,too much Corbijn imagery and not enough closeups of the band.
    U2 seemed jaded in comparison to Coldplay ,who musically are not as good but they put on a brilliant show.
    Even Chris Martin who can be a bit of a prat came across more sincerely than Bono in his speeches and he did a nice improvised song with a guy from the crowd who was crowd surfing on a wheelchair.

Agree, it felt like Coldplay were the Irish band that night, Martin interacted with the crowd brilliantly. U2 looked jaded the other night, at times it was great other times quite flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Coldplay not fit to lace up Paul H's hiheels.

Congrats too Adam Clayton on the birth of his Daughter and first child this week

Fair play too him for still knocking them out at 57. Sure if Mick Jagged can do it in his 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I was just left of center and 3 people deep from the front barrier of Pitch 1 for the gig. While I really enjoyed the gig I felt I didn't love it as much as I had hoped I would. The crowd around us were terrible- made up of mostly people that had traveled from abroad for it (which doesn't bother me at all) but they just stood still-didn't clap, didn't jump and didn't seem to get excited at all. I felt that atmosphere was pretty flat where we were.
    I had seen U2 at Slane in 2001 and although I don't remember it clearly I'll still remember it as being an amazing gig start to finish, I'm no super fan but personally I felt this lacked something.
    Despite being up close at the barrier of Pitch 1 I found them hard to see the band a lot of the time.
    Myself and my friend were gifted the tickets so really it was a privilege to be there.

Highlights for me were: Sunday Bloody Sunday opening, The Flyover during Where the Streets Had to Name, Vertigo really livening up the place and the backdrop during it was brilliant and I thought the inclusion of Dara Fitzpatrick was very special.

I must admit I experienced similar issues to yourself in terms of atmosphere, you couldn't move without someone giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

When can we most likely see them back again, so p***ed they didn't do a second show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Any reports from Paris last night? Just landed for show tonight. Have been to a couple of matches in Stade de France and think the stadium makes for a great atmosphere but never been to a gig.

Advertisement