Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Thank you. I appreciate that.

Just something I enjoy doing when I get a chance etc.

Cheers

Hope you can do something with Amsterdam footage..
    Looks like a great set up - in the dark..

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Apparently there were some new songs played at a 'secret' gig tonight so we could well be getting a new album this year and who knows a tour to follow and some 3 Arena (or Cork, even better) shows in 2018...it begins again!

weadick wrote: »
    Apparently there were some new songs played at a 'secret' gig tonight so we could well be getting a new album this year and who knows a tour to follow and some 3 Arena (or Cork, even better) shows in 2018...it begins again!

As much as I enjoyed JT30, I'd be really hoping they'll finish in stadia soon.
    I'd hate to see them become a Stones-like parody of themselves.
    I don't think Bono has the energy for the huge stages any more.
    I'd love to see them in 3 arena again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

UsedToWait wrote: »

I&E in the 3Arena was really fantastic, probably better than JT30 in my opinion but I'd love to see them come back to Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

UsedToWait wrote: »

No fear of that on the evidence of Saturday night! But I take your point the years of climbing stages and hurling himself into the crowd seem to have taken their toll on Bono. I know he has had serious back issues over the last few years and the bike accident done a lot of irreprable damage. Then again at 57 Bono puts most younger bands to shame.

The next tour in support of the songs of experience album has been confirmed as indoors and will be using the same staging as the innocence and experience tour. Great news, as spectacular as that tour was, I felt at the time they they could have gotten more out of the cage set up. Here's hoping for E&I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

weadick wrote: »

They have done this in a number of cities during this tour. From what little information that has come out about them it sounds like the full album could be ready to go but as we know that could all change!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Any chance the lads will play tunes from Pop on the next tour... I presume it'll come under the songs of experience theme.

I'd cream myself if I saw MOFO live.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Any chance the lads will play tunes from Pop on the next tour... I presume it'll come under the songs of experience theme.

I'd cream myself if I saw MOFO live.

When I read your comment I went and watched this.

https://youtu.be/0Q_ZtgQ8gDo

Brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

lazer.blue wrote: »
    When I read your comment I went and watched this.

https://youtu.be/0Q_ZtgQ8gDo

Brilliant stuff

As a teenager I had the vhs of this gig and used to watch that repeatedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I burnt that vhs out I played it so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Here's a multicamera mix of Exit (a fav of mine live) from Croke Park last Saturday.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers

That was incredible! Great work!
    Thank you very much!

Jeeze I wish I was in Amsterdam tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Thank you very much!

Yeah snap. Watching the football on telly thinking that this time last week there was a very inconvenient tent in the middle of that pitch!

Getting a bit excited reading the posts about the Experience Tour thats coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Amsterdam was fantastic tonight!!!

Veloce wrote: »
    Amsterdam was fantastic tonight!!!

Yea, great energy there tonight. Red Hill and Exit are just fantastic.

Stuck in the scrum for the metro now though and I could be here for a while yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Hope you get back soon. I staying in a hotel nearby and got soaked from the rain.. thank fook it was a closed roof.

Were you standing or seated jsms?

jsms88 wrote: »
    ...Stuck in the scrum for the metro now...!

Stay Safe Tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Some guy flew a drone over the gig in Dublin last week and uploaded the video to Youtube.
    Its pretty impressive.

https://youtu.be/Y5W1a583HK8

Someone recorded the whole show and uploaded in gorgeous clear quality.

Ah lads, a week already. I'd love to see one more show.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

https://youtu.be/Y5W1a583HK8

Someone recorded the whole show and uploaded in gorgeous clear quality.

Ah lads, a week already. I'd love to see one more show.

Brought it right back, cheers

Veloce wrote: »
    Hope you get back soon. I staying in a hotel nearby and got soaked from the rain.. thank fook it was a closed roof.

Were you standing or seated jsms?

Yea, got back around 12:30 in the end. It looked like it was going to be worse than it was tbh. The metros were running very fast.

I was standing up next to the tree/b-stage. I sat in Croker so I went for something different this time. Standing was definitely better I think.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you need to print out the eticket or can they scan it from a phone?

Question from a friend heading along to Brussels gig....

Does anyone know if you need to print out the eticket or can they scan it from a phone?

Question from a friend heading along to Brussels gig....

When in doubt, print it out.

I'm pretty sure all big events everywhere require a physyical print out, but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Thank you very much!

You're very welcome - thanks for the feedback. Delighted people like it.

Cheers

Has anyone seen (or got) the special edition book/harmonica/etc. that the gold tickets holders were given?

They look absolutely class.... If I had known!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Has anyone seen (or got) the special edition book/harmonica/etc. that the gold tickets holders were given?

They look absolutely class.... If I had known!

good few up on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Love your multi cam vids!!

Great video! Came across as superb on this - unfortunately in the lower Hogan this was just a mess of noise - had no idea what Bono was saying throughout - "puts your hands on the screen" he sang - we thought it was something about ice cream I kid you not - just so gutted that the experience was destroyed that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

westcork67 wrote: »
    Great video! Came across as superb on this - unfortunately in the lower Hogan this was just a mess of noise - had no idea what Bono was saying throughout - "puts your hands on the screen" he sang - we thought it was something about ice cream I kid you not - just so gutted that the experience was destroyed that night

Not to add to your woes but, it was the best sound at a gig I've ever been to. Including indoors. I was on the pitch mind....

However, Croke Park is known for this. I was at them in 2005 and couldn't make out anything in the Davin stand. Literally only knew the songs due to Larry's drums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'd never risk seating at an outdoor gig. Wind etc can play havoc and makes sound pure pot luck. At least with standing you can shuffle around til you find the sweet spot. We did that during Noel G, and it made a huge difference. It was abysmal in the first spot we found. Moved back and 30 or so yards to the left and it was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Not to add to your woes but, it was the best sound at a gig I've ever been to. Including indoors. I was on the pitch mind....

However, Croke Park is known for this. I was at them in 2005 and couldn't make out anything in the Davin stand. Literally only knew the songs due to Larry's drums

But the sound was excellent all over the stadium for Coldplay ,crystal clear on the pitch and in the stands . Why couldn't it be the same for U2 ?

• Advertisement

I'd never risk seating at an outdoor gig. Wind etc can play havoc and makes sound pure pot luck. At least with standing you can shuffle around til you find the sweet spot. We did that during Noel G, and it made a huge difference. It was abysmal in the first spot we found. Moved back and 30 or so yards to the left and it was spot on.

The sound where I was was chronic compared to London, but I was in the Lower Davin close to the pitch. I moved to the back a few times and didnt really make a difference. Didnt ruin my night, but was a lesson at least. I was still glad to just be in the stadium.

Advertisement