Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Boy there'd be War if U2 snubbed Ireland on a Songs of experience tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Hopefully they'll play an indoor gig in October..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

They had to redesign the whole stage to fit it into the 3Arena last time. Would they want to do that again? I'm not sure..... maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jsms88 wrote: »
    They had to redesign the whole stage to fit it into the 3Arena last time. Would they want to do that again? I'm not sure..... maybe.

They didn't ,not at all.
    All they had to do was move the B stage nearer the main stage ,it was a very simple alteration.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

A very simple alteration, which they have done once, so I don't see the problem in doing so again.

The i&e staging was a little cramped in the 3arena, but the music was incredible and the visuals were stunning. Roll on Songs of Experience!

• Advertisement

They didn't ,not at all.
    All they had to do was move the B stage nearer the main stage ,it was a very simple alteration.

And cut the video screen/cage in half.

It actually took them and their stage designers months to figure out how to fit it all in. At one point they were adamant that they wouldn't be able to bring the full-on I&E tour to Dublin. Check out a few interviews from back them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They didn't cut it at all. Like someone said, they just moved the b stage.

Yes they feared it wouldn't work.

To be honest I thought it was too tight a squeeze and did not suit the 3arena at all. The Amsterdam show as it was meant to be was far better!

I'd very much recommend seeing it abroad if it does keep the same setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The i&e Dublin show was one of the best shows I was ever at in the 3arena and we didn't miss that much comparing it to the Paris DVD. Be thankful we got too see u2 in such Intimate surroundings when they easily have skipped us and played an outdoor show or something

But that was in the past and were still reeling from the awesome Croke Park show 2 weeks ago and the euro leg of the 2017 Joshua Tree tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

They didn't cut it at all. Like someone said, they just moved the b stage.

Yes they feared it wouldn't work.

To be honest I thought it was too tight a squeeze and did not suit the 3arena at all. The Amsterdam show as it was meant to be was far better!

I'd very much recommend seeing it abroad if it does keep the same setup.

Speaking of which, if I wanted to buy tickets for a gig abroad, can i do it on my ticketmaster.ie account or would I need a, for example, ticketmaster.nl or ticketmaster.com a/c?

Almost sure you need a local account unless it's U.K. and listed on the Irish site. Been a while since that show though! Someone who went to the recent Amsterdam shows might be able to confirm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Speaking of which, if I wanted to buy tickets for a gig abroad, can i do it on my ticketmaster.ie account or would I need a, for example, ticketmaster.nl or ticketmaster.com a/c?

I had no problem getting GNR tickets for London recently anyway.

Wouldn't be any harm to try buy tickets for a gig there anyway while you have time before the next tour!

Wherever they play, I'm hoping to get at least 2 shows again. Would love to see them somewhere I havent been.

Almost sure you need a local account unless it's U.K. and listed on the Irish site. Been a while since that show though! Someone who went to the recent Amsterdam shows might be able to confirm

I had to set up an account on ticketmaster.nl for the Amsterdam gigs last week but it was very easy to get it done even in Dutch, particularly if you're used to using ticketmaster at home.... it's all the same boxes you need to tick, etc. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Yep same myself. Had to set up ticketmaster.nl to get my tickets but there was no hassle at all. I think Brazil would be an amazing setting for a DVD of this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Anyone planning on travelling to North or South America for the next leg?

Veloce wrote: »
    Anyone planning on travelling to North or South America for the next leg?

Seeing U2 in South America is on the bucket list but not this time, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The i&e Dublin show was one of the best shows I was ever at in the 3arena and we didn't miss that much comparing it to the Paris DVD. Be thankful we got too see u2 in such Intimate surroundings when they easily have skipped us and played an outdoor show or something

But that was in the past and were still reeling from the awesome Croke Park show 2 weeks ago and the euro leg of the 2017 Joshua Tree tour

Paris v underwhelming compared to the 3 different cities I saw on that tour. Postponement/circumstances took the wind out of their sails IMO.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Paris v underwhelming compared to the 3 different cities I saw on that tour. Postponement/circumstances took the wind out of their sails IMO.

Yeah and the eagles of the death metal apperence was odd but it was a nice gesture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I had to set up an account on ticketmaster.nl for the Amsterdam gigs last week but it was very easy to get it done even in Dutch, particularly if you're used to using ticketmaster at home.... it's all the same boxes you need to tick, etc. ðŸ‘

Same here. But TM.nl have an English language button at top of the page. ;)

bucks73 wrote: »

Don't they have very good English over in Belgium and Holland ??? So they should have a lot of there sites provided in English

bucks73 wrote: »

I was on my phone so didn't spot that.

• Advertisement

The blackout sounds a way better song than the one they played on tour. Looking forward to the the full album

https://youtu.be/sWJ2eW9ghA8

The blackout sounds a way better song than the one they played on tour. Looking forward to the the full album

17:00 this evening on their Facebook page for the full song... can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jesus they've gone full on Coldplay.

None more Coldplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

The Nal wrote: »

Jesus they've gone full on Coldplay.

None more Coldplay.
    Jayis. They'll be bouncing around in the paint-splattered basketball boots and t-shirts next...

17:00 this evening on their Facebook page for the full song... can't wait!!

Very disappointing song ,too generic

Hard to tell, quality is so shocking on the stream. Can't make out any of the lyrics. 80% crowd noise. Ugh.

Hard to tell, quality is so shocking on the stream. Can't make out any of the lyrics. 80% crowd noise. Ugh.

The sound is rubbish allright ,as is the video ,tacky crap.

Agreed, can't stand "live" videos. It does sound like a promising enough song underneath all the noise though. But yeah, we're not gonna get AB2 :D Maybe a more raw SOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

looks like some of the usual suspects were 'randomly' selected to appear in the video

• Advertisement

Nice to see the guitars to the fore, particularly the bass. Going to be a great song to hear live.

Advertisement