Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Veloce wrote: »
    The song is growing on me I have to say. It will sound great live with its upbeat tempo.

The recorded version does sound like 3 different tracks sandwiched together though..

I think I prefer it to The Blackout but it's not as good as The Little Things.

Yeah, same.
    It's not the kind of song I'd go to listen to normally but, I keep listening to it. It's in my head.

I love that funky part with the drums and guitar after the 2nd chorus.

They'd have to go a long way to better The Little Things imo...I think that's an exceptional song. Lyrically especially.
    People say U2 are playing it safe but, I can't think of another band who would go to such a place lyrically

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

The song is growing on me I have to say. It will sound great live with its upbeat tempo.

The recorded version does sound like 3 different tracks sandwiched together though..

I think I prefer it to The Blackout but it's not as good as The Little Things.

Yeah, same.
    It's not the kind of song I'd go to listen to normally but, I keep listening to it. It's in my head.

I love that funky part with the drums and guitar after the 2nd chorus.

They'd have to go a long way to better The Little Things imo...I think that's an exceptional song. Lyrically especially.
    People say U2 are playing it safe but, I can't think of another band who would go to such a place lyrically
    Yeah, think you're right on that point. Lyrically, Little Things is really bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The Nal wrote: »
    Sorry I meant 20 years. Zooropa falls within 25 years.

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me - N/A
    Electrical Storm - Shíte
    Stuck in a Moment - Soppy shíte
    Kite - Should be called "shíte" instead
    Walk On - Rubbish
    When I Look at the World - Nonsense
    Miracle Drug - Crap
    Sometimes You Cant Make it on Your Own - Toilet
    Yahweh - Bin
    Fast Cars - Dreadful
    Magnificent - Shíte
    Unknown Caller - Awful
    The Troubles - The pits
    Sleep Like a Baby Tonight - An embarrassment

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. Some great songs in there.

PropJoe10 wrote: »

He's trolling.

"Soppy ****"
    That means he hates Bad, WOWY, All I Want Is You, One, Love Is Blindness, Ultraviolet, If God Will Send His Angels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

The band played The Best Thing last night. First time for the tour. Watched a clip on periscope and it sounded pretty good. Great bass and drums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

"Kite - Should be called "shíte" instead"

Top trolling Nallo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The band played The Best Thing last night. First time for the tour. Watched a clip on periscope and it sounded pretty good. Great bass and drums.

Pretty good video of it. Really really like the song now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Would yer one ever shut up talking during the video

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mr.H wrote: »
    Would yer one ever shut up talking during the video

Shes just bored, you can't blame her.

• Advertisement

Not bored enough to go on a forum and constantly chat about a band she stopped liking 20 years ago though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody on here going to this? The used to put in great shows in the 90's/early 2000's but haven't seen them in a long time.

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/event/zoo-2-u2-experience/2017-09-30/

So, Bono had a "brush with mortality. He had a serious moment" according to The Edge, when discussing the upcoming album and it being one of the reasons why it was delayed...

Wonder what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Anybody on here going to this? The used to put in great shows in the 90's/early 2000's but haven't seen them in a long time.

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/event/zoo-2-u2-experience/2017-09-30/

I was going to go but 25 euro is ridiculous ,and its all seated too for some bizarre reason.
    They have sold hardly any tickets.

The official video for You’re The Best Thing About Me has been released and its a cringefest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I was going to go but 25 euro is ridiculous ,and its all seated too for some bizarre reason.
    They have sold hardly any tickets.

The official video for You’re The Best Thing About Me has been released and its a cringefest

What are they pointing at, at 52 seconds?:)

Maybe Bono is selling his New York apartment?! :pac:

Pretty cringe alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

They have obviously given up on music videos completely. Remember when the video for Discotheque or The Fly came out? It was a big deal! How times have changed.

I can't remember any of the band specific SOI vids, but some of the artist commissioned ones were really good!

Is what it is, it's not what it's not. It's a music video. Not that videos matter much anymore. Good to see them not taking themselves seriously and it gives the song another meaning I suppose....Plus, if I got to **** about New York City, eating Pizza, getting drunk and playing guitar, I'd damn well document it :D

I've read some people hated and took offence to the Discotheque video so...

I do love the Hold Me , Thrill Me Video though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I've listened to the latest song a few times now and it's really grown on me. Much prefer it to The Blackout.

Edge's singing is great too in the post chorus bit.

I can see it all so clearly
    I can see what you can't see
    I can see you love her loudly
    When she needs you quietly

• Advertisement

Rough video of their shoot for the new single Get Out Of Your Own Way.

Even at this early stage it sounds comfortably the worst of the 4 we've heard.

Hard to tell.
    Only hearing the chorus, through a mobile phone recording. Not the best way to judge.

Some nice guitar work in the chorus though. Can't say what I think of the song until I hear it.

It reminds me of Miracle Drug for some reason

EDIT: I just heard the lyrics, "The slaves are looking for someone to lead 'em, the master's looking for someone to need him. The promised land is there for those who need it most and Lincoln's ghost says get out of your own way."

Bit profound innit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Its hard to know what to make of this one with such bad recorded quality.
    A whole lotta potential tho! I reckon the album version will be amazing!

It sounds like an updated Beautiful Day to me!

It sounds catchy enough .
    I have to say that the videos they are releasing are absolutely terrible though,like pop videos a boy band would release .

They definitely need to improve their security checks too :pac:

If they had just bloody well released the album we wouldn't be suffering these shoddy "previews"!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It sounds like a Cheryl Cole tune.

The Nal wrote: »
    It sounds like a Cheryl Cole tune.

:D

Can't imagine Cheryl Cole singing about slaves

Talking about different mixes of songs ,I came across this version of Every Breaking Wave tonight ,its the New Radio Mix ,I strangely hadn't heard it before .
    Its like the acoustic version they played live but with an orchestra.
    Its a much better version than the one on the album ,very powerful stuff.

It’s the version on the deluxe SOI ain’t it? CD2.

Great tune.

I actually still prefer the original arrangement though. Was sorry they played the stripped back version live.

• Advertisement

It’s the version on the deluxe SOI ain’t it? CD2.

Great tune.

I actually still prefer the original arrangement though. Was sorry they played the stripped back version live.

No, the acoustic version is on the deluxe version.

I agree with you in relation to the stripped back version ,I didnt think much of it to be honest.

Advertisement