Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Joshua Tree 2017 tour ends tonight

Loved the Croke Park show and defined what a u2 is to me. Looking forward too SOE and who knows what happens then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

New song being played on BBC R2 today at 5!

https://twitter.com/BBCRadio2/status/925680766398402561

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

What do ye think of the new song? I was preparing to be underwhelmed but it is a really good tune. Amazing that a bunch of guys nearing 60 can still put out a song as fresh as that. Looking forward to the new album now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Available on Spotify. That and The Blackout.

Sound great IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Get Out Of Your Own Way is much better than the other one, You're The Best Thing About Me. Wish they weren't so poppy these days but I suppose I can live with it!

• Advertisement

Wasn’t gone in it at first, but already really like it.

Love The Blackout. That live version was a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Album is up for pre-order now with a presale code for the 2018 tour.

Is it even worth going for the code? I'd imagine you could pre-order for cheaper on Amazon when it's there

http://www.u2.com/soe_eu

Is it even worth going for the code? I'd imagine you could pre-order for cheaper on Amazon when it's there

Yeah it was coming to €24 delivered for the deluxe cd. I dunno, might give it a miss. Pre saving on Spotify seemed to be linked to presale code too, so might just hope for that. Them fvckers have enough of my cash at this point :D

I'm a subscriber so I'm alright for the pre sale code :D

Going to squeeze as much out of this tour as possible. The last band still going that I grew up with

I'm a subscriber so I'm alright for the pre sale code :D

Going to squeeze as much out of this tour as possible. The last band still going that I grew up with

I still have night terrors over all the captchas on Ticketmaster.

It's happening again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Presale ticket access for Dublin would be a big bonus.
    Looking forward to seeing the boys back indoors,I was not impressed with the outdoor Joshua Tree gigs at all .

Looking forward to seeing the boys back indoors,I was not impressed with the outdoor Joshua Tree gigs at all .

Exit was worth ticket price alone. Streets at the Croke Park gig was an amazing experience.

Probably will be a presale for the European dates when they're announced

Site is down for the minute anyway. I'd nearly consider seeing them in the UK again next year. Although the Point in 15 was one of the top 5 gigs Ive been at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Might head to Glasgow again. Amazing soi
    gig there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Slane Slane Slane Slane Slane Slane Slane

but1er wrote: »

Arena shows me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A few shows in the 3arena and SSE arena in Belfast in Autumn 2018 maybe

Tour could be done in the same way as the i&e tour and Europe could be the autumn with the US in the summer of 2018

but1er wrote: »

Dear God No ,just No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Heard American Soul today as well. That and The Blackout are far better than the 2 singles they've released.

Heard American Soul today as well. That and The Blackout are far better than the 2 singles they've released.

Thanks for the tip! Just tracked American Soul, Volcano meets Royal Blood, very impressed!

• Advertisement

U2 will release its 14th studio album on Dec. 1, titled Songs of Experience. On Wednesday (Nov. 1), the band announced more details surrounding the album, as well as plans to tour North America in 2018.

Experience + Innocence Tour dates

May 2 -- Tulsa, Okla. @ BOK Center
    May 4 -- St. Louis @ Scottrade Center
    May 7 -- San Jose, Calif. SAP @ Center
    May 11 -- Las Vegas @ T-Mobile Arena
    May 15 -- Los Angeles @ The Forum
    May 22 -- Chicago @ United Center
    May 26 -- Nashville, Tenn. @ Bridgestone Arena
    May 28 -- Atlanta @ Infinite Energy Arena
    June 5 -- Montreal @ Bell Centre
    June 9 -- Uniondale, N.Y. @ NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
    June 13 -- Philadelphia @ Wells Fargo Center
    June 17 -- Washington, D.C. @ Capital One Arena
    June 21 -- Boston @ TD Garden
    June 25 -- New York City @ Madison Square Garden
    June 29 -- Newark, N.J. @ Prudential Center

Tickets will go on sale Monday, Nov. 20 at 10 a.m. exclusively through Ticketmaster Verified Fan "in keeping with their commitment to ensure tickets get into the hands of fans, not scalpers." :rolleyes:

U2.com fan club supporters, however, will receive first access to tickets from Nov. 14 to Nov. 16.

From listening to the lyrics and the whole bookending SOI it feels somewhat an end of an era type album. Have they got another era in them? Think this could be a farewell of sorts...

Lads, are any of ye U2.com members? Just looking there are $50 isnt as much as I thought. I see there are a few vinyl in there.

Any other worthy perks throughout the year? (other than a better chance at tickets)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

New tune had me dancing

tumblr_ltc0g8oaCL1qfqrvb.gif

Lads, are any of ye U2.com members? Just looking there are $50 isnt as much as I thought. I see there are a few vinyl in there.

Any other worthy perks throughout the year? (other than a better chance at tickets)

Nothing else I've ever used to be honest, maybe the discount off an overpriced t-shirt if ya fancy that!

They do promise some musical "bonus" before the end of this year. The vinyls promised last year are still to be posted. New subscribers will get an unnamed prize in the new year if they already got the vinyl.

Nothing else I've ever used to be honest, maybe the discount off an overpriced t-shirt if ya fancy that!

They do promise some musical "bonus" before the end of this year. The vinyls promised last year are still to be posted. New subscribers will get an unnamed prize in the new year if they already got the vinyl.

That sounds incredibly "meh". Thanks for the info!

Honestly, if it wasn't for the pre-sale access, there wouldn't be many going near it. I definitely wouldn't. It's a bit of a rip off and takes advantage of dedicated fans IMO.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the pre-sale access, there wouldn't be many going near it. I definitely wouldn't. It's a bit of a rip off and takes advantage of dedicated fans IMO.

Is it really that much of an extra benefit ticket wise? Surely the success rate would be very high if people are willing to fork out 50 quid for it. I suppose if it is, 50 euro for (almost) guaranteed tickets isnt too expensive. Peace of mind, basically.

Is it really that much of an extra benefit ticket wise? Surely the success rate would be very high if people are willing to fork out 50 quid for it. I suppose if it is, 50 euro for (almost) guaranteed tickets isnt too expensive. Peace of mind, basically.

Yep that's it in a nutshell. If you know another person who really wants pre-sale access, you can split the damage and it's even cheaper. A lot would see it worth it just to avoid the ticketbasturd clusterfvk

• Advertisement

Anyone who is a U2.com subscriber....

If I hook up my North American ticket master account, does that mean I can't hook up my Irish one?

Advertisement