Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone who is a U2.com subscriber....

If I hook up my North American ticket master account, does that mean I can't hook up my Irish one?

Pretty sure that verified fan crap is only applicable to ticketmaster.com! As far as I can see, it hasn't been rolled out anywhere else, so you won't be connecting your Irish account anytime soon. I'd imagine it will be standard presale codes. Otherwise it would be easy to link your account to a new one if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Cool thanks...

But say I bought a ticket for an American gig, could I use my code for a ticket for Dublin?

That i'm not sure. I used the same code for the Amsterdam gig and Dublin gig in '15. So you might get lucky, but last time in the 3Arena they issued separate codes for the Irish gigs if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imo if they played here again in 2018 it may be a bit too soon but it will sell out regardless. Not sure would I go as I've seen what I want to see from them and tickets cost a bomb for there shows

New songs sound good though

I'm being sucked in by the "it could be their last tour" hype.....but yeah I totally hear you PTH. Almost had my fill of them live, and they're getting rapidly worse each time I see them. Don't get me wrong, still a great show, but not a patch on their performances earlier in their career. Would definitely go if I managed to pick up a cheap face value ticket though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm being sucked in by the "it could be their last tour" hype.....but yeah I totally hear you PTH. Almost had my fill of them live, and they're getting rapidly worse each time I see them. Don't get me wrong, still a great show, but not a patch on their performances earlier in their career. Would definitely go if I managed to pick up a cheap face value ticket though.

Last tour ?
    No chance of that ,the boys are absolutely mad for money .

You saw them on Zoo Tv, PopMart and Elevation tours though....

The first two, you'd struggle to get a better gig experience from any big band in comparison

You saw them on Zoo Tv, PopMart and Elevation tours though....

The first two, you'd struggle to get a better gig experience from any big band in comparison

ZooTv christ i wish!! Was far too young :D

But yeah you're right. Not having a go at the band either, it's just nature. Bono is a massive part of the live show experience, and he simply hasn't got the voice or the energy he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I am a U2.com subscriber already....should I just sit tight until the European dates are announced or am I supposed to renew my subscription early this month? I'm so confused!!

If you want to ensure you get an earlier code access you might wanna keep the subscription rolling and renew. Otherwise you could wait until when it's announced (new year) but if you have the cash now, it might be better to just do it now. You'd risk being put to a later presale if you let it slide.

• Advertisement

I've just logged into my U2.com account ,paid up until the end of January and this garbage has greeted me.
    What an absolute load of nonsense.

capture_20171102_175119.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I've just logged into my U2.com account ,paid up until the end of January and this garbage has greeted me. What an absolute load of nonsense.

I got the same. Its saying if we don't renew subscription by 12 November we wont be eligible for the presale. I presume they are talking about the US leg of the tour, but they aren't very clear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

fennor72 wrote: »
    I got the same. Its saying if we don't renew subscription by 12 November we wont be eligible for the presale. I presume they are talking about the US leg of the tour, but they aren't very clear

Same for me. Paid up til mid Jan... On that, has anyone received their 2017 gift yet?

Same for me. Paid up til mid Jan... On that, has anyone received their 2017 gift yet?

Being posted early December. Their whole online system/fan club is archaic and amateurish.

If I were you lads, I wouldn't renew....

9424198.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The Blackout is some tune. Have it on repeat here the last half an hour. I've heard there's a 4th song online but I've heard enough now until the album is released.

Impressed so far. Very.

The Blackout is some tune. Have it on repeat here the last half an hour. I've heard there's a 4th song online but I've heard enough now until the album is released.

Impressed so far. Very.

American Soul.

There appears to be a bit of everything on there

If I were you lads, I wouldn't renew....

9424198.gif

We shouldn't have to renew to get a presale code for this tour ,we are already paid up.
    They are claiming that if you used your presale code on the Joshua Tree tour its expired and you have to renew to get a new one for this tour.
    Its a pure money grabbing exercise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

American Soul.

There appears to be a bit of everything on there

American Soul is the best of the new bunch for me. Love the use of the Volcano refrain.

The Best Thing Acoustic or The Blackout would be next for me.

This could be a great album and could sound great live. We'll see.

American Soul is the best of the new bunch for me. Love the use of the Volcano refrain.

The Best Thing Acoustic or The Blackout would be next for me.

This could be a great album and could sound great live. We'll see.

Yep.
    I do think the last album was good but, I've heard 5 tracks from this album and not one of them are weak to me.

The Little Things is one of the best songs I've personally heard in the last number of years.
    Blackout is great
    Get Out Of Your Own Way is great
    American Soul is pretty good.
    The Best Thing, while it might be a radio friendly single, it's not bad at all, especially the acoustic version.

See how the rest of the tracks go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I pre ordered the deluxe version of the album yesterday, do I get a presale code with the album or will it be mailed to me when European shows are announced ? Could we be looking at ending the tour in the 3 arena Dec 2018 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I pre ordered the deluxe version of the album yesterday, do I get a presale code with the album or will it be mailed to me when European shows are announced ? Could we be looking at ending the tour in the 3 arena Dec 2018 ?

It will be mailed to you when European shows are announced according to T&C (between Jan and Mar)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

The Herald/Independent reporting Summer shows in the 3 Arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Where do you go to hear American soul??

Youtube mate

lazer.blue wrote: »
    The Herald/Independent reporting Summer shows in the 3 Arena

Last scheduled US date in end of June, so I guess July/August could be the Europe leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Heard the new single today......jez, its weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

NIMAN wrote: »
    Heard the new single today......jez, its weak.

What were you expecting from a bunch of fellas nearing 60? Did you think they were going to release another The Fly?

It's a fresh and catchy tune that will get lots of radio play which is what it is intended for.

Pre-ordered the new album today anyway, worth it for the code I thought. Hopefully it will arrive around the time it hits the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

JKerova1 wrote: »
    What were you expecting from a bunch of fellas nearing 60?

Why is that relevant? "Ah sure its a load of shíte but they're older".

Springsteen released Magic when he was U2s age. Patti Smith released Twelve and Banga after 60. Dylan put out Love and Theft. Roger Waters released my favourite album this year and hes 74. Robert Plant has had an entire career post late 50s. Leonard Cohen, Bowie, Tom Waits, Johnny Cash etc.

Its the blind acceptance of mediocrity and lack of artistry that confuses me.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Why is that relevant? "Ah sure its a load of shíte but they're older".

Springsteen released Magic when he was U2s age. Patti Smith released Twelve and Banga after 60. Dylan put out Love and Theft. Roger Waters released my favourite album this year and hes 74. Robert Plant has had an entire career post late 50s. Leonard Cohen, Bowie, Tom Waits, Johnny Cash etc.

Its the blind acceptance of mediocrity and lack of artistry that confuses me.

SOI is far better than Magic IMO.

Advertisement