Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi, if i register for the pre-sale (european tours) does that guarantee me access to decent tickets on release date?

It costs I believe 50.00e to register?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

TheNal

Maybe you might wanna get off your high horse and accept some of us have a different perspective and taste other than yourself...

"Oh it's ****e it's ****e! It's ****e because I say so on boards.ie!!! Give me lots of attention baaaaaaa"

Those artists you list there, I can honestly say, I've heard the stuff you listed and it does nothing for me! Not one thing!

In fact, I can turn around and say that, with the exception of the odd song here and there and seeing him live, Springsteen has done nothing for me! I'd rather listen to Magnificent or Raised By Wolves than some of his stuff.....In fact, I'd rather listen to Panto Quo's (that's the Rossi/Parfitt band, not the original band) album Heavy Traffic, than some of the stuff you listed...

"Oh Bowie is so innovative and cool on his last album ooooo amazing"
    I thought it was a pile of ****e....Does that make it ****e? Does that make it less accessible for others?

Is that me accepting mediocrity? No! It's having a different perspective and taste than yours.

Lack of artistry :D Incredibly snobbish attitude to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Songs of Innocence was a good little record. The tour was spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Wooderson wrote: »
    Songs of Innocence was a good little record. The tour was spectacular.

I didnt like U2 for years. Thought some of the singles from the 90s were good, that was it. Songs of Innocence is the album that got me into them majorly. Loved the concept, sound and the songs. The tour sealed the deal for me. I'd wasted many a year with my back turned to them. The shame.

Songs of Experience is looking pretty decent to me so far. Not long now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Loving the sound on American Soul. Clear as day the Royal Blood influence(one of them is a producer on the album).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

TheNal

Maybe you might wanna get off your high horse and accept some of us have a different perspective and taste other than yourself...

"Oh it's ****e it's ****e! It's ****e because I say so on boards.ie!!! Give me lots of attention baaaaaaa"

Those artists you list there, I can honestly say, I've heard the stuff you listed and it does nothing for me! Not one thing!

In fact, I can turn around and say that, with the exception of the odd song here and there and seeing him live, Springsteen has done nothing for me! I'd rather listen to Magnificent or Raised By Wolves than some of his stuff.....In fact, I'd rather listen to Panto Quo's (that's the Rossi/Parfitt band, not the original band) album Heavy Traffic, than some of the stuff you listed...

"Oh Bowie is so innovative and cool on his last album ooooo amazing"
    I thought it was a pile of ****e....Does that make it ****e? Does that make it less accessible for others?

Is that me accepting mediocrity? No! It's having a different perspective and taste than yours.

Lack of artistry :D Incredibly snobbish attitude to have.

Are you one of the people who sing the "oooooo ooo" bit in Elevation at the shows?

tumblr_lzrrycfql11r4gei2o1_400.gif

The Nal wrote: »
    Are you one of the people who sing the "oooooo ooo" bit in Elevation at the shows?

Nope. Don't like the song.

Are you one of those people who listens to Paul Simon lighting a cigarette and muses to himself, "Hmmm the way he lit that was very artistic. Reminds me on when I fell off my bike when I was 11. A haunting experience. I am a musical intellect?"

I'm sure your maverick genius out weighs mine and others laughable music knowledge and taste

Can't wait for your album

In fairness The Nal, I think it's time you unsubscribed from this thread :pac: We get it, you haven't liked U2 since the 90s, not sure why you've to tell us repeatedly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Another great night out in Dublin!

Another great night out in Dublin!

I'll see what other gigs are announced next summer and think about it then

Could be a very similar show too the I&E tour ??

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

So is croke park ruled out?

The three arena is nice, but U2 were great last gig in croker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'll see what other gigs are announced next summer and think about it then

Could be a very similar show too the I&E tour ??

I'd imagine the setup will be almost identical. Obviously vastly different setlist and show, but staging could even be the same with some minor tweaks.

They're saying no more songs from the JT but, The Edge said he wrote Streets to be the ultimate live U2 song so, they couldn't drop that. Especially since they "got it back" last tour. Was a thrill to be part of the bounce during it for once last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

They're saying no more songs from the JT but, The Edge said he wrote Streets to be the ultimate live U2 song so, they couldn't drop that. Especially since they "got it back" last tour. Was a thrill to be part of the bounce during it for once last time

Agree, it’s the ultimate live song. But apparently Bono and Edge both wanted to drop it for Vertigo tour until Larry put his foot down.

I’d be happy enough for them to leave it out for one tour, on condition that they replace it with a real classic like Two Hearts Beat as One or An Cat Dubh.... not Stuck in a Moment!!!

jsms88 wrote: »
    .... not Stuck in a Moment!!!

I'd take this in a heartbeat!

Absolutely fantastic song acoustically.

Agree, it’s the ultimate live song. But apparently Bono and Edge both wanted to drop it for Vertigo tour until Larry put his foot down.

I’d be happy enough for them to leave it out for one tour, on condition that they replace it with a real classic like Two Hearts Beat as One or An Cat Dubh.... not Stuck in a Moment!!!

U2 ignoring streets and the whole JT album is like Bryan Adams leaving Summe of 69 out or Bon Jovi leaving out Livin on a prayer. It just doesn't sit right

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Graham1978 wrote:
    I pre ordered the deluxe version of the album yesterday, do I get a presale code with the album or will it be mailed to me when European shows are announced ? Could we be looking at ending the tour in the 3 arena Dec 2018 ?

So a deluxe version of the album comes with a presale code? I can't see any mention of it on u2.com.

fennor72 wrote: »
    So a deluxe version of the album comes with a presale code? I can't see any mention of it on u2.com.

It's all over the website

• Advertisement

Two hearts was done on the innocence tour. Was alright but, didn't have the power Out Of Control, Gloria or Electric Co had

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Wish Larry didnt bother. They ruined Streets on that tour with the whole African flags thing.

Just realised that my previous years membership to U2.com is worthless in the context of this new presale. Apparently if you joined after December 2016 you are lumped in with the 'Innocence' group which is the second presale group.

Two hearts was done on the innocence tour. Was alright but, didn't have the power Out Of Control, Gloria or Electric Co had

Yeah. That’s the impression I got from seeing videos of it but I’d still like to hear it live myself though.

weadick wrote: »
    Just realised that my previous years membership to U2.com is worthless in the context of this new presale. Apparently if you joined after December 2016 you are lumped in with the 'Innocence' group which is the second presale group.

You should still be able to get tickets in the Innocence group. Particularly now that there’s a third presale group for the verified fans who buy he album. Someone in the second group should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Yeah. That’s the impression I got from seeing videos of it but I’d still like to hear it live myself though.

It is funny how they are still able to play songs like Out of Control and Electric Co so well but they dont seem to be able to play their 90's stuff that well anymore at all. The Fly is an obvious example.

weadick wrote: »
    It is funny how they are still able to play songs like Out of Control and Electric Co so well but they dont seem to be able to play their 90's stuff that well anymore at all. The Fly is an obvious example.

Zoo Station sounded pretty good on the Innocence tour tbf.

The Fly.. It's not better or worse, just different version. Same with Real Thing.

Until The End Of The World, Zooropa are better these days. One is still the same really

Discotheque was so much better on the Vertigo tour!!

Would love to hear a full band version of Stay and If God Will Send His Angels

Discotheque was so much better on the Vertigo tour!!

Would love to hear a full band version of Stay and If God Will Send His Angels

More Pop songs would be great! But they clearly don’t think much of the album, given that they totally ignored its 20th anniversary this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Pop is f**kin superb.

I don't get their hate for it.

Pop is f**kin superb.

$$$$$$$$

It scarred them, and the tour. They're only recovering now:pac:

But ya, my favourite, my first love :P

• Advertisement

Pop is f**kin superb.

The Edge said he tried to get Playboy Mansion played on the Innocence tour but, the rest weren't keen.

He also said recently he's just discovered the fans' love of the album. Only thing he regrets about it is not finishing it properly. Hence the mixes that came out after

Advertisement