Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wooderson wrote: »
    Ticketless entry for standing again this time ?

Only in the US this time.
    I'm considering the Rome IT Olympic Stadium Venue for U2 .. Any idea what website sells the tickets for this venue, doesn't seem to be operated by Ticketmaster.

Livenation.IT
    http://www.livenation.it/artist/u2-tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

How much are the tickets? €39.05 - €186.00 ....what would your basic ticket be.
    also 8 people limit on tickets is the just annoying.
    i'm assuming the Friday show will be a banker with probably a sunday one for good measure?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Did anyone here ever get pre sale tickets on the second day of pre sale? I remember people posting for I&E tour that they had issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Presale codes will not work for additional dates announced. Just general public sale only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I've seen it all now some stones on ebay is selling a pre sale code for tomorrow for 500 dollars and a code for Thursday for 275 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Did anyone here ever get pre sale tickets on the second day of pre sale? I remember people posting for I&E tour that they had issues

I failed to get tickets for the Dublin gigs last time in pre sale but managed to pick one up for Friday and Saturday in the general sale all be it limited view seats. Week of gig got standing for Saturday and gave friend the seated ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

fennor72 wrote: »
    I've seen it all now some stones on ebay is selling a pre sale code for tomorrow for 500 dollars and a code for Thursday for 275 dollars.

You could get caught badly there, you'd be mad to buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bowlardo wrote: »
    How much are the tickets? €39.05 - €186.00 ....what would your basic ticket be.
    Yesterday I am pretty sure the cheapest showing on ticketmaster was 76, and you can stick up to 6.85 on that per ticket. I see that 39.05 now, probably only the very worst seats for that.

I posted the beyonce ones before.
    : Standing tickets (Sold Out) cost €104.00, Gold Circle (Sold Out) cost €114.00 and seats prices
    range from €49.50 to €144

So I would guess standing will be at the very cheapest to be 76+6.85

These are coldplay prices
    HOGAN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €144.00

CUSACK STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €144.00

HOGAN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

DAVIN STAND - LOWER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

CUSACK STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €109.50

PITCH 3 STANDING
    €89.50

PITCH 2 STANDING
    €89.50

PITCH 1 STANDING
    €89.50

DAVIN STAND - UPPER TIER
    €69.50 - €89.50
    could be some rag journalist putting that up himself so he can then put up a bogus story saying "people are paying $500 for codes", not people are attempting, they never say that when these chancer ebay auctions go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

Just wondering does anyone think the ticket prices are a rip off. I would love to go as I have been a fan since early 80s and they were my first gig in the 80s but 220e for 2 tickets is too steep for me esp when they are 77e in Amsterdam

• Advertisement

cobweb wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone think the ticket prices are a rip off. I would love to go as I have been a fan since early 80s and they were my first gig in the 80s but 220e for 2 tickets is too steep for me esp when they are 77e in Amsterdam

Agree disaster with live nation - 14 pounds Cork 1987 😄 There were the days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Jesus. H. Christ.

If you don't like U2, don't go.
    If you think the prices are too dear, don't pay them and don't go.
    If you think it's unfair that a second night hasn't been announced yet, don't go.
    If you think paying membership to get Presales is a rip off, don't become a member.
    If you don't like the fact that the Songs of Expeience hasn't been realised yet and won't be played at the concert DON'T BLOODY GO.

I. CANNOT. WAIT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Jesus. H. Christ.

If you think it's unfair that a second night hasn't been announced yet, don't go.
    If you think paying membership to get Presales is a rip off, don't become a member.
    If you don't like the fact that the Songs of Expeience hasn't been realised yet and won't be played at the concert DON'T BLOODY GO.

I. CANNOT. WAIT!!!

Preach it!

So much 'king whine on this thread. Show is going to be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Wooderson wrote: »
    Preach it!

So much 'king whine on this thread. Show is going to be incredible.

What's killing me is that the tickets are on sales in the middle of January and I am broke :(

They are worth ever penny live. exceptional band

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

And they hold back a sh1tload of tickets to "battle touts"

Not if they are allowing 8 :eek: tickets per person which is insane but Ticketmaster will never stop doing this as they get another service charge off both buyer and seller for ever ticket sold and that's 28% approx.
    Which means this is way more than the original s.c.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cobweb wrote: »
    where do you get 110?

I posted some coldplay and beyonce prices, maybe you saw those.

Amsterdam standing were 77 with 7 on top for fees. Cheapest in amsterdam were 38.50 with 3.50 fees. Dearest were 190.

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-tickets/180399?language=en-us

So this looks like a similar price range as Ireland, so the standing are likely to be around the same. Yesterday the Irish price range started at 76, I was saying I think standing would be that or higher. Looking at the amsterdam prices it now looks likely it will be 76 for standing +6.85 on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

v10 wrote: »
    Thanks !

Sorry but I was told it was this one

http://www.ticketone.it/biglietti.html?affiliate=ITT&language=en

In previous pre sales I was pretty much delighted to get a ticket for anywhere. This time around I'll try for standing but I'll take any area within reason. I was wondering has anybody got any previous experience of sitting in the lower tier of the hogan or cusack stand as they seem to be the most expensive and are they worth it if nothing else is available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

In previous pre sales I was pretty much delighted to get a ticket for anywhere. This time around I'll try for standing but I'll take any area within reason. I was wondering has anybody got any previous experience of sitting in the lower tier of the hogan or cusack stand as they seem to be the most expensive and are they worth it if nothing else is available

Sound can be dodgy.

Sat there for the RHCP and the sound was ****. Noel Gallagher supported them and his sound was 100% spot on.

I was at all 3 dates on the Vertigo tour. First two nights, I was in the top tier. Sound just vibrated around the place. No clue what Bono was saying. 3rd night, they seemed to had sorted the sound out

Sound can be dodgy.

Sat there for the RHCP and the sound was ****. Noel Gallagher supported them and his sound was 100% spot on.

I was at all 3 dates on the Vertigo tour. First two nights, I was in the top tier. Sound just vibrated around the place. No clue what Bono was saying. 3rd night, they seemed to had sorted the sound out

I'll take a chance if I have to. I sat in the Davin stand a couple of years ago for Ed Sheerin it was a complete waste of money we couldn't see or hear him

• Advertisement

I'll take a chance if I have to. I sat in the Davin stand a couple of years ago for Ed Sheerin it was a complete waste of money we couldn't see or hear him

So it was money well spent then?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the u2.com pre-sale through the same page that is up on TM on the moment or will we be sent a link ???

Is it deff 9am 2morrow ??

Just incase anyone is wondering or worried, I've read on various U2 forums that EACH PRE SALE HAS X AMOUNT OF TICKETS ALLOCATED TO IT.

IN OTHER WORDS, EVEN IF THE PRE SALE TOMORROW SELLS OUT, IT WON'T AFFECT THE ONE ON THURSDAY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

weadick wrote: »

Just seen this on u2.com FAQ :
    The presale ticketing links FOR EACH CONCERT will also be available via the Tour page of U2.com once the presale for that concert has started.
    so should know for sure tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So if someone from the red hill group fails to get a ticket can they try on Thursday too ???

What site is the sale actually happening on ?

So it was money well spent then?

LOL yes only disappointment was not seeing the support bell X1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

I'll just leave this here:

Croke Park 1987

Jesus. H. Christ.

I. CANNOT. WAIT!!!

I cannot wait either it is just putting one of possible 2 concerts up is making it harder to secure tickets & causing the concern here about getting tickets . I would pay whatever I could to get there but when you are limited to one particular day whether it is work, childcare or any other responsibilities it just annoys me. If there is just one then it is what it is but to add another concert just when the other one sells out, U2 have never done that before (unless it was adding Monday to Fri & Sat gigs) & that annoys me. Give us the options of both if they are there at the same time. I am really hoping I get Saturday......

If anyone here succeeds in getting pre sale tickets this morning can you confirm if you used
    a) app or desktop

b) used main Ticketmaster site rather than any other link e.g U2.com etc

When posting

Good luck everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody buy tickets for any of the foreign shows yet?

Advertisement