Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

The Nal wrote: »
    One of my favourites! One or two weaker tunes alright but some bangers on there. Pop aside, its better than anything they've released since.

Curious, which would you consider the 'bangers on there'?

I love U2, but I think Zooropa was my least favourite U2 album of all, mostly middling gash imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

daithi7 wrote: »
    Curious, which would you consider the 'bangers on there'?

I love U2, but I think Zooropa was my least favourite U2 album of all, mostly middling gash imho.

For me - the first 5 - Zooropa, Baby Face, Numb, Lemon and Stay are great tunes. I like some days are better than others a lot also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

For me - the first 5 - Zooropa, Baby Face, Numb, Lemon and Stay are great tunes. I like some days are better than others a lot also.

Same here. And Daddy Gonna Pay. One of their biggest bangers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Same here. And Daddy Gonna Pay. One of their biggest bangers

unreal

Did they release any pro shot footage of that tour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dont forget The Wanderer ,which is a gem,lyrically one of their best songs.

• Advertisement

Awsome, few cans and this would make a great night :D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I had the pleasure of seeing the zoo tv tour in the feyenoord stadium in rotterdam in May of 1993.

Friggin epic

OK, in fairness, I have to acknowledge that there's some quality there alright, I do like Baby Face, Lemon , Stay & the Wanderer.

For my taste, i just found too much dross on the album alongside these admittedly great tracks... and as a result overall didn't like the album.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I had the pleasure of seeing the zoo tv tour in the feyenoord stadium in rotterdam in May of 1993.

Friggin epic

Yeah, I saw them on that tour in Philadelphia, and I can safely say that it was the best concert I have ever seen by some margin - simply awesome.

Then later on the same tour I watched them play at the RDS in Dublin , and they had gone quite stale & tired on the tour imho.

sydthebeat wrote: »

Friggin epic

I saw them in Cork and I still think it was the best concert I have ever been at .
    It was like nothing I had ever seen before ,I was blown away .

Alot of the impact of the newer shows are spoilt by Youtube and the internet .
    You can watch the whole show in advance and as the band stick to a rigid format ,not much is left to surprise.

• Advertisement

I saw them in Cork and I still think it was the best concert I have ever been at .
    It was like nothing I had ever seen before ,I was blown away .

Alot of the impact of the newer shows are spoilt by Youtube and the internet .
    You can watch the whole show in advance and as the band stick to a rigid format ,not much is left to surprise.

The banning of mobile phones is just not possible in these times no matter how hard they try and force it at venues

Then we have those u2 megafan nutjobs who record everything too try and boost there own self importance in their community

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The banning of mobile phones is just not possible in these times no matter how hard they try and force it at venues

Then we have those u2 megafan nutjobs who record everything too try and boost there own self importance in their community
    Yeah. The mega fans who leave early so the can get in line for the next night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Zooropa is a great little record.

Title track one of the most underappreciated things theyve done. It is right up there with the coolest ever U2 tracks. Lemon and Stay of course are timeless high watermarks for the band. Putting this record down about as dull to me as knocking all their records since.

Bar "Atomic Bomb" - that one just doesnt click with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

The future needs a big KISS....

No line on the horizon, absolute turd.

No line on the horizon, absolute turd.

Just goes to show that opinions differ. This is one I keep going back to.

Get on Your Boots is one of the worst songs they ever released .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Their last few albums have been genuinely embarrassing. Trying to sound like Coldplay and Ellie Goulding. Morto for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

For massive band to subvert expectations/put out transformative material 40 years into a career is unheard of. The last 3 records are no Achtung or Unforgettable Fire, but what is? Posting stuff like "morto for them" about songs like "Love Is Bigger" "Moment of Surrender" or "The Troubles" - to name one from each of the last 3 - is a strange one. Classic U2 songs IMO. "The Troubles" could have been on any of their best records. "Embarrassing"? Mhmm okay don't think this band is for you, lads.

On the Metallica forum we were talking about what favourite songs we never heard live and i imagine a similar question could be asked here for U2 ???

Out of the 3 times i've seen U2 i have yet to hear 'All I Want is You' and 'Sweetest Thing (that's rare enough live this days). Happy enough with my u2 live experiences setlist, delighted i've heard 'Desire (Dublin night 2 2015), hearing the full Joshua Tree album live was special

On the Metallica forum we were talking about what favourite songs we never heard live and i imagine a similar question could be asked here for U2 ???

Out of the 3 times i've seen U2 i have yet to hear 'All I Want is You' and 'Sweetest Thing (that's rare enough live this days). Happy enough with my u2 live experiences setlist, delighted i've heard 'Desire (Dublin night 2 2015), hearing the full Joshua Tree album live was special

Lucky enough to be at slane when they played all I want is you which led into where the streets. It truly was epic. Check it out on YouTube if you haven't seen it.

• Advertisement

Lucky enough to be at slane when they played all I want is you which led into where the streets. It truly was epic. Check it out on YouTube if you haven't seen it.

yeah one of my favorite youtube videos truly outstanding

memory jumped up on my facebook

3 years today since that awesome night in Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

memory jumped up on my facebook

3 years today since that awesome night in Croke Park

I got the same, incredible gig!
    The lads were on fire from the get go that night.

One of the best I've ever been to

I got the same, incredible gig!
    The lads were on fire from the get go that night.

One of the best I've ever been to

Yeah it was a great day, electric atmosphere in all the pubs on the way to Croker. Having NG as support was great and really shows the value of having quality support for outdoor gigs

What id give to have a day like that now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

F*cking amazing!!!

At the same time I'm really depressed watching this , when will the next U2 or any gig we can attend happen!!??

yeah one of my favorite youtube videos truly outstanding

In tears here listening to that transition .... ****ing amazing .... wow wow wow wow !!!!!!

I love it !

Was there that night . I got a high with that transition that i never had before. Epic. Tears rolled down my face. Still gives me goosebumps. Also check out electric co. In Chicago. Towards the end of the song I think I'm just going to levitate . Amazing band live.

Was there that night . I got a high with that transition that i never had before. Epic. Tears rolled down my face. Still gives me goosebumps. Also check out electric co. In Chicago. Towards the end of the song I think I'm just going to levitate . Amazing band live.
    When was that Slane concert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

TomSweeney wrote: »
    When was that Slane concert ?

September 1st 2001, the same day Ireland beat Holland. A week after the first slane. Was at both! But yeah the second one was out of this world. And yep that transition is immaculate (although Please - Streets on Popmart was pretty close!)

• Advertisement

September 1st 2001, the same day Ireland beat Holland. A week after the first slane. Was at both! But yeah the second one was out of this world. And yep that transition is immaculate (although Please - Streets on Popmart was pretty close!)
    Yeah that's a good one, where Please -> Streets yeah ?

Advertisement