Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You have to have a paid subscription which I imagine only the biggest fans do. As much as I bash U2 and think some of the paid subscription stuff is nonsense from its description, it's good that it would stop absolutely anybody signing up last minute for presale and getting codes that people who live and breathe the band have waited for longer.

The Radiohead presale was a shambles. I'd been on that list for 10+ years and people signed up in the moments leading up to the presale and sent the code around to everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

starWave wrote: »
    Tried for 4 Pitch 2 tickets, got Lower Davin Stand. Tried again for Pitch 1 and Pitch 2, and got 4 for Pitch 2.

For the last tour, they were drip feeding tickets in the presale all day. Panicked and took seating , when there was loads of standing available later in the day.

So opting for pitch they offer you stand oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭bren2001

Wait they're selling pitch 1 & 2 as separate categories? I assume standing will work the same on the day though, first come first serve?

No, you will have to go to your respective sections. There will be two separate entrances. Whole point of selling them separately is to remove the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭wandererz

Am in the Red Hill Group but can't seem to book any tickets.
    Any idea where/how on the Ticketmaster site to enter the access code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

wandererz wrote: »
    Am in the Red Hill Group but can't seem to book any tickets.
    Any idea where/how on the Ticketmaster site to enter the access code?

Go to U2.com/tour and select tickets from the venue you want. You will be redirected to Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    No, you will have to go to your respective sections. There will be two separate entrances. Whole point of selling them separately is to remove the queue.

Bit unfair that they're the same price then. Never seen standing for a gig done that way. How long have Croke Park been doing this, last time I was there I was seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Do you have any choice when it comes to what tickets you get?

yes of course, there is a drop down where you can select ticket type
    Wait they're selling pitch 1 & 2 as separate categories? I assume standing will work the same on the day though, first come first serve?

it looks like they might be separate. I got pitch 2 and by the map, it looks the ight place to be in, but I guess we will find out on the day how it gets operated

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    So opting for pitch they offer you stand oh dear

Yea, keep trying for standing if you don't get it first time. Looks like they release batches in waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Any breakdown of what price ticket (€39.05 - €186.00 ) gets you where in Croke Park?

For example, will €39.05 be Pitch 1 standing?
    Update: Found it!

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Any breakdown of what price ticket (€39.05 - €186.00 ) gets you where in Croke Park?
    For example, will €39.05 be Pitch 1 standing?

It's all on the Ticketmaster page. €39 tickets are upper Davin stand

• Advertisement

Bit unfair that they're the same price then. Never seen standing for a gig done that way. How long have Croke Park been doing this, last time I was there I was seated?

I've seen it done at the Aviva for Robbie Williams and a few other concerts that I have not been too. I hate the idea of selling them at a more expensive price or a "Gold Circle". You can buy Red Zone tickets are a ridiculous price if you want.

I personally prefer it done this way but can see why people might not.

I've seen it done at the Aviva for Robbie Williams and a few other concerts that I have not been too. I hate the idea of selling them at a more expensive price or a "Gold Circle". You can buy Red Zone tickets are a ridiculous price if you want.

so do you reckon Pitch 2 then will be the pit? or will there be another queue to get in the pit?

According to the map and tickets sales, the pit area is closed off. Saves them handing out pit wristbands on the day, and probably easier to control crowd and queues. And allows presale buyers to guarantee access to pit, assuming they can get a Pitch 2 ticket.

I didn't say the pitch 2 tickets should cost more, it's just strange to me that tickets that guarantee you'll be near the stage cost the same as ones that guarantee you'll be half way down the pitch.

Seve OB wrote: »
    so do you reckon Pitch 2 then will be the pit? or will there be another queue to get in the pit?

I reckon pitch 2 is the pit. Its worth trying your hardest to get those tickets.
    I didn't say the pitch 2 tickets should cost more, it's just strange to me that tickets that guarantee you'll be near the stage cost the same as ones that guarantee you'll be half way down the pitch.

So you are saying pitch 2 should be more expensive than pitch 1, if it is set up that way? :confused::confused::confused:

I reckon pitch 2 is the pit. Its worth trying your hardest to get those tickets.

I got 4 :D

Who want's to be my friend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Did ticket link go live at exactly 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If the presale on ticketmaster says "Searching, please wait" for almost an hour, should I leave it search, or do you reckon there's a problem somewhere?

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Did ticket link go live at exactly 9am?

Nothing happened on Ticketmaster. Only found out at 09:10 that you'd to go via U2.com to access the correct ticketmaster link

Seve OB wrote: »
    I got 4 :D

Who want's to be my friend :p

ME! hahhaha :D

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Just listen to Exit. Man I cannot wait to see this live.

Apparently U2 stopped playing it live cos some nutjob used it as an excuse in a murder trial in the US, said it "inspired him".

So you are saying pitch 2 should be more expensive than pitch 1, if it is set up that way? :confused::confused::confused:

Yes, but by making pitch 1 cheaper than the current price :P it would be like if all the stand seats cost the same, when some are clearly better than others. I think if you're going to force half the pitch standing to be at the back without giving them the chance to queue and try be at the front then that trade off should be reflected in the price.

I'll try for pitch 2 on Monday morning but if I can only get pitch 1 standing I'll be annoyed that I'm paying the same as pitch 2 people for objectively worse tickets (of course in reality I'll be delighted to get standing tickets at all given how fast it will likely sell out :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Odd that Pitch 1 and 2 are the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

600 tickets on friday morning in the residents pre sale....

lambayire wrote: »
    Odd that Pitch 1 and 2 are the same price.

I think its great. Hate when they charge extra for a "gold circle". People who go for those gold circle tickets, usually don't generate the same atmosphere as your normal concert goer.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Cienciano wrote: »
    If the presale on ticketmaster says "Searching, please wait" for almost an hour, should I leave it search, or do you reckon there's a problem somewhere?

Definitely,did you access from U2.com ?
    I was only waiting seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Did anyone buy tickets for a European date this morning? I'm hoping to get tickets for Amsterdam tomorrow and was wondering about the time. I presume 9am there means 8am here for going on sale tomorrow?

bucks73 wrote: »
    Did anyone buy tickets for a European date this morning? I'm hoping to get tickets for Amsterdam tomorrow and was wondering about the time. I presume 9am there means 8am here for going on sale tomorrow?

I am going to go for Amsterdam too - good point on the hour difference I completely forgot about that. If they are on sale local time at 9 then yes it's 8 o'clock here.

I've created an account with ticketmaster.nl

Just checked: All times are CET

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

600 tickets on friday morning in the residents pre sale....

Seems very slack,definitely more than 150 houses affected,you sure it's not higher.

• Advertisement

starWave wrote: »
    I think its great. Hate when they charge extra for a "gold circle". People who go for those gold circle tickets, usually don't generate the same atmosphere as your normal concert goer.

Would prefer they all be sold the same then. I'm not advocating for mad €150 gold circle tickets, but having a split where they both cost the same is just unfair to one half. Imagine if you paid top price for seats in upper Davin?

Advertisement