Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lambayire wrote: »
    Odd that Pitch 1 and 2 are the same price.
    Coldplay were also all the same price for the 3 sections.

this is their map
    16339s.jpg

thought it was odd too.
    starWave wrote: »
    I think its great.
    I wouldn't think it great if I missed out on the close ones, and had no chance of making it up to the front due to being separated. It would be at least some consolation if I knew mine were cheaper. Could have been an even difference, instead of 76, be 71 & 81 (and of course the 6.85)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

bucks73 wrote: »
    Did anyone buy tickets for a European date this morning? I'm hoping to get tickets for Amsterdam tomorrow and was wondering about the time. I presume 9am there means 8am here for going on sale tomorrow?

Yeah I got 2 for the Rome venue and 2 for Croke Park. The Rome ones went on sale at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Veloce wrote: »
    I am going to go for Amsterdam too - good point on the hour difference I completely forgot about that. If they are on sale local time at 9 then yes it's 8 o'clock here.

I've created an account with ticketmaster.nl

Just checked: All times are CET

I've done the same. :D
    v10 wrote: »
    Yeah I got 2 for the Rome venue and 2 for Croke Park. The Rome ones went on sale at 8am.

Cheers, thought as much. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Any idea of how many tickets are released for each Pre Sale?

Can anyone with access tell what levels of tickets are still available now a few hours after release?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Nothing happened on Ticketmaster. Only found out at 09:10 that you'd to go via U2.com to access the correct ticketmaster link

So the correct link for the presale tomorrow will only be available on U2.com?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I like the fact that when the 2nd date (Fri 21st July) goes on sale, there wont be any presales.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

psychozeb wrote: »
    Definitely,did you access from U2.com ?
    I was only waiting seconds.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

poundhound wrote: »
    I like the fact that when the 2nd date (Fri 21st July) goes on sale, there wont be any presales.

Is this confirmed?

I commented on that a few pages back - but looks like U2gigs and U2start have backtracked on this on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

poundhound wrote: »

It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

All I want to know is the date and time of the tickets going on sale so I can get myself set up and ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Ronney wrote: »
    Any idea of how many tickets are released for each Pre Sale?

Can anyone with access tell what levels of tickets are still available now a few hours after release?

I'm wondering the same thing. Luckily I'll have access to a computer at 9am tomorrow but I'm curious how many tickets are left now. Especially for standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

When do the private residents code be emailed to the residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

I got 4 today for Pitch 2. Delighted. Process was simple, but definitely go through the link found here:
    http://www.u2.com/tour

As a couple of side notes:
    - The presale was letting me select up to 8. Though I only chose 4.
    - If I try to access the presale again I see: We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion.
    Not sure if that relates to just me, as I used them, or the entire Red Hill Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Is this confirmed?

I commented on that a few pages back - but looks like U2gigs and U2start have backtracked on this on twitter.

Correct both backtracked & today still don't know

Surely the u2 fan club would not take money off us & then have no wires pre sale allocation tomorrow?

The amount of tickets on searwave already is soul destroying they should be prevented from reselling fan club tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tickets still showing up for me when I search

So this allocation is not sold out yet

I even got offered a €39 seat with is Upper Davin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tickets still showing up for me when I search

So this allocation is not sold out yet

I even got offered a €39 seat with is Upper Davin

Still standing available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

So has everyone on here who had the option to buy tickets today managed to secure what they want? If so then I'm hopeful for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    The amount of tickets on searwave already is soul destroying they should be prevented from reselling fan club tickets

Maybe they are tickets from people who have premium seats in Croker?
    Not necessarily pre sale tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Maybe they are tickets from people who have premium seats in Croker?
    Not necessarily pre sale tickets.

Standing, Pitch2 showing as "Price range: : €381 - €499 *"

Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Redo91 wrote: »
    Still standing available?

No

The 39 ticket I was offered was Davin Upper sec 720 Row B. The view would be perfect from there TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Would prefer they all be sold the same then. I'm not advocating for mad €150 gold circle tickets, but having a split where they both cost the same is just unfair to one half. Imagine if you paid top price for seats in upper Davin?

so what price should they be then? €5 more? €10 more? Its unfair that some people get to stand at the barrier, and some have to stand at the back, but that's how standing works.

The early bird gets the worm, If you show up early when there's a pit wristband, or if you buy early when you have an option of Pitch 1 or Pitch 2. Its the same thing really, so why should an extra cost come into it?

I didn't say the pitch 2 tickets should cost more, it's just strange to me that tickets that guarantee you'll be near the stage cost the same as ones that guarantee you'll be half way down the pitch.

so you are saying that they should be the same, but not the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Any tickets left in Pitch 1 for Croker can anyone tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

There'll be pitch tickets available, for the pre sale tomorrow, Friday and the general sale on Monday....

Do some of you really think that all 20,000 standing tickets were allocated to the pre sale this morning?! You're new to this, aren't you? :D

rubadub wrote: »

thought it was odd too.

I wouldn't think it great if I missed out on the close ones, and had no chance of making it up to the front due to being separated. It would be at least some consolation if I knew mine were cheaper. Could have been an even difference, instead of 76, be 71 & 81 (and of course the 6.85)

It saves people from queueing for hours to get a pit wristband. Ok, queueing early is a fair system, but buying your ticket early is also fair. Anyone who bought their ticket today or buys it tomorrow, has already paid more for the fan club. So if you buy today, pick pitch 1 or pitch 2, if you buy next week, you have consolation that you didn't pay extra for the fan club presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Can anyone tell me if there is a credit card security check page on checkout I can't for the life of me remember my password.

If I pay the subscription to the website today and sign up will I get a code for tomorrow's presale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

At around what time did this morning's pre-sale sell out at? I could probably find out by looking back through the thread but I am under pressure here at work. I have a code for tomorrow morning's pre-sale but I will have to log off at around 9.30. They will probably all be sold by then anyway surely?

fennor72 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is a credit card security check page on checkout I can't for the life of me remember my password.

Yes, there was

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    At around what time did this morning's pre-sale sell out at? I could probably find out by looking back through the thread but I am under pressure here at work. I have a code for tomorrow morning's pre-sale but I will have to log off at around 9.30. They will probably all be sold by then anyway surely?

I think someone was able to get tickets an hour ago

Advertisement