Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

fennor72 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is a credit card security check page on checkout I can't for the life of me remember my password.

Yep, I got asked to verify the MasterCard Secure thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

lukin wrote: »
    At around what time did this morning's pre-sale sell out at? I could probably find out by looking back through the thread but I am under pressure here at work. I have a code for tomorrow morning's pre-sale but I will have to log off at around 9.30. They will probably all be sold by then anyway surely?

If it's like the last tour presale, they stagger the release of tickets during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

After i pressed process order i was brought into the Visa Vertifed screen but it didnt load up and after about 30 seconds of loading i went straight through to the Ticket confirmation page without having to type in my Visa password

Cant wait for the show, have a load of concerts before though going to be a good summer

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jeanie101

What are gold and silver hot tickets, are they the premium seats 501-536?. Was hoping to get lower tier tickets on the wires group tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I could be way off here but are pitch 1 & pitch 2 not just relating to which gate you enter to access pitch.
    I find it hard to believe pitch 2 is nearer to stage at same price?
    All U2 gigs have always been standing and then wristbands to get in pit.

Anyone have link to pitch setup for gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

At around what time did this morning's pre-sale sell out at? I could probably find out by looking back through the thread but I am under pressure here at work. I have a code for tomorrow morning's pre-sale but I will have to log off at around 9.30. They will probably all be sold by then anyway surely?
    I got two standing tickets this morning around 10.30am with no difficulty.

I got two standing tickets this morning around 10.30am with no difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I think someone was able to get tickets an hour ago

That's unreal. I won't be able to keep checking for that long (and I assume others won't either). If I don't get them within the first half an hour then I'll have to call it quits.
    Edit: I might be able to try on the ticketmaster app on the phone though. Did anyone have any success with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

starWave wrote: »
    so what price should they be then? €5 more? €10 more?
    I was saying €5 difference from the common €76, i.e. if its an even split of tickets they get the same revenue. People at the front pay more, and those back get a discount, not that people at the front should be utterly gouged. Maybe 10 would be more reasonable, €66 & €86. If those were the prices I would not be too disappointed if I got pitch 1 or 2.
    Its unfair that some people get to stand at the barrier, and some have to stand at the back, but that's how standing works.
    Since it is split in 2 it is now different from how standing usually works. So now its more like seated areas.
    why should an extra cost come into it?
    For the same reason it does with seats, which have wildly different prices. We are just saying it seems odd that it does not follow the same logic as the seating prices.
    It saves people from queueing for hours to get a pit wristband. Ok, queueing early is a fair system, but buying your ticket early is also fair.
    I was thinking about this queing early business before. It's a real waste of peoples time with nothing really to show for their time. I know they get their pit pass, but they must value their own time and that time is gone to waste.

If I was going to some gig and someone said "here you have to queue for 3 hours to get a pit pass, I'll give you 50 euro for it if you queue and give it to me when you get it" I don't think I would. If someone did take the €50 it means someone was willing to pay €50 more which the artist could have got, and no unconstructive time gone to waste.

I remember people queing overnight for tickets on TV and looking utterly miserable, not like some bunch of teens queing maybe a couple of hours having a laugh and singing etc. People shivering with flasks of tea etc, spending 12hrs queing. People value their time, I would rather work several hours overtime and pay that money towards a ticket. I would rather be in a nice warm environment and actually get something constructive done with my time.

In the bob dylan thread I was wondering what people would think if artist began to put tickets up for auction, just like artist like painters do (i.e. put their works up for auction), and just let the price find itself. So if what people think is excessive money is changing hands at least its going to the artist and not touts.

Nunu wrote: »
    I could be way off here but are pitch 1 & pitch 2 not just relating to which gate you enter to access pitch.
    I find it hard to believe pitch 2 is nearer to stage at same price?
    All U2 gigs have always been standing and then wristbands to get in pit.

Anyone have link to pitch setup for gig?
    It's on ticketmaster.ie 
    Pitch 1 appears closer alright but it's not the pit - it seems to be separate again.

Probably a crowd control thing.

• Advertisement

so what price should they be then? €5 more? €10 more? Its unfair that some people get to stand at the barrier, and some have to stand at the back, but that's how standing works.

The early bird gets the worm, If you show up early when there's a pit wristband, or if you buy early when you have an option of Pitch 1 or Pitch 2. Its the same thing really, so why should an extra cost come into it?

so you are saying that they should be the same, but not the same?

Except everyone buying tickets for this concert are 'early birds'. All the tickets on Monday are likely to be sold within minutes of them going on sale (as did all the standing allocation in the pre sale this morning). It's not a case of someone looking to get tickets weeks later and all the good ones are gone. It's not unfair that some people get to stand at the front and some at the back because people know that's how standing works, and accept that when they buy a standing ticket. Honestly if they're going to split the pitch into sections like that with no price difference it would be just as 'fair' to randomly allocate pitch tickets to one half or the other.

And, no, I'm clearly not saying they should be the same. I said the pitch 2 tickets should be the normal standing price and the pitch 1 should be a reduced standing price. Like how we have different prices for 'good', 'ok' and 'poor' seats. €10-€20 cheaper seems fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

€39.05 (+SC)- Hogan,Cusack and Davin Upper Tier
    €76.00 (+SC)- Standing Tickets, Hogan and Cusack Lower and Upper, Davin Stand Lower
    €110.00 (+SC)- Hogan and Cusack Lower and Upper
    €186.00 (+SC) - Hogan and Cusack Lower

€321.35 -Seated Gold Ticket Package- Cusack Stand Lower
    €315.00- Red Zone Standing ticket
    €227.50- Seated Silver Ticket Package- Cusack Stand Lower

€1,047.50 - €1,125.00- VIP Travel Package Experience- Cusack Stand Lower

Join the Official U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 VIP Travel Package experience combining these unique features:
    - One (1) or Two (2) Premium reserved price level 1 ticket(s) guaranteed within the first 15 rows

- Exceptional 5-star hotel accommodations (double room occupancy)
    or
    - Exceptional 4-star hotel accomodations (single room occupancy)

- Shuttle transportation from hotel to U2 show and return
    - Private pre-show reception with hors d'oeuvres & bar (beer & wine) *food offerings may vary
    - Exclusive U2 VIP Package gift, not available to general public
    - VIP entrance into the concert
    - Official U2 laminate
    - Dedicated VIP hotel check in with travel concierge
    - Entry into a drawing for a pre show backstage tour
    - Limited availability

rubadub wrote: »
    I was saying €5 difference from the common €76, i.e. if its an even split of tickets they get the same revenue. People at the front pay more, and those back get a discount, not that people at the front should be utterly gouged. Maybe 10 would be more reasonable, €66 & €86. If those were the prices I would not be too disappointed if I got pitch 1 or 2.

Since it is split in 2 it is now different from how standing usually works. So now its more like seated areas.

For the same reason it does with seats, which have wildly different prices. We are just saying it seems odd that it does not follow the same logic as the seating prices.

I was thinking about this queing early business before. It's a real waste of peoples time with nothing really to show for their time. I know they get their pit pass, but they must value their own time and that time is gone to waste.

If I was going to some gig and someone said "here you have to queue for 3 hours to get a pit pass, I'll give you 50 euro for it if you queue and give it to me when you get it" I don't think I would. If someone did take the €50 it means someone was willing to pay €50 more which the artist could have got, and no unconstructive time gone to waste.

I remember people queing overnight for tickets on TV and looking utterly miserable, not like some bunch of teens queing maybe a couple of hours having a laugh and singing etc. People shivering with flasks of tea etc, spending 12hrs queing. People value their time, I would rather work several hours overtime and pay that money towards a ticket. I would rather be in a nice warm environment and actually get something constructive done with my time.

In the bob dylan thread I was wondering what people would think if artist began to put tickets up for auction, just like artist like painters do (i.e. put their works up for auction), and just let the price find itself. So if what people think is excessive money is changing hands at least its going to the artist and not touts.

Although I have fond memories of the hours I queued for my last u2 gig (I was younger and freer then!) I do agree it is largely a waste of time, and I don't bother queuing for most gigs nowadays. It is however a 'fair' system for those who want to take part. I think if they want to remove that then they need to either have the different tiers of standing tickets follow a pricing structure roughly similar to that of the seated tickets, so at least if you can only get the worse tickets you're not paying the same as the lucky people who got the good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

That's unreal. I won't be able to keep checking for that long (and I assume others won't either). If I don't get them within the first half an hour then I'll have to call it quits.
    Edit: I might be able to try on the ticketmaster app on the phone though. Did anyone have any success with that?

I'm sure someone mentioned here yesterday that the app couldn't be used for presales. Not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

fennor72 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is a credit card security check page on checkout I can't for the life of me remember my password.

yuup

SteM wrote: »
    I'm sure someone mentioned here yesterday that the app couldn't be used for presales. Not 100% sure though.

I tried the app this morning and it was a joke just bringing the gig up so I didn't bother even trying to look tickets on it. Come to think of it, you had to click through from the U2 website to get to the pre-sale link so I imagine the app was never going to work

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tickets still showing up for me when I search

So this allocation is not sold out yet

I even got offered a €39 seat with is Upper Davin

That would do me nicely to bring the young one on the alternative night.

I'll probably only get the real expensive ones though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Ah the old queuing days!!

One of my finest U2 queuing achievements was as the first Popmart gig at Lansdowne Road.

We had parked the car somewhere in the vicinity of the Renault garage in Irishtown.
    We walked over and just as we were crossing the DART line, there was a stampede of people
    coming at us from the other side.

We quickly asked the nearest steward what was going on and he told us that were
    heading to the stadium doors to be a the head of the queue.
    He then said "just pop in there , you'll be grand"

We were the first people into the stadium and got a perfect spot at the B Stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

a pricing structure roughly similar to that of the seated tickets
    and there already is one split, the red zone tickets are €315. Some of which goes to charity, but still shows some would be will be paying a huge amount more.

If they do not want to appear to be screwing people with high prices I wonder if there could be some other way people could get them, and have to give up 4 hours of their time. I am not saying this is workable or feasible, but if I personally was willing to queue 4 hours to get in the pit I would sooner be doing 4 hours charity work or something. Just seems so wasteful.

rubadub wrote: »
    and there already is one split, the red zone tickets are €315. Some of which goes to charity, but still shows some would be will be paying a huge amount more.

If they do not want to appear to be screwing people with high prices I wonder if there could be some other way people could get them, and have to give up 4 hours of their time. I am not saying this is workable or feasible, but if I personally was willing to queue 4 hours to get in the pit I would sooner be doing 4 hours charity work or something. Just seems so wasteful.

Yeah I think a new approach to standing tickets is welcome, but not one that arbitrarily benefits one half of attendees and disadvantages the other. I also wouldn't like to see wider acceptance of standing tickets priced north of €100 either. Maybe I'm being idealistic expecting concert promoters to offer more tickets at reduced prices :P

The more I think about it, I'm not so sure the pitch will be split at all. A barrier dividing the whole pitch is a lot different and much bigger to a pit barrier. Then there might even be another pit area within pitch 2. But that could be done, so not a deal breaker. But.......
    • Think of the access to the pitch, For concerts I've always been routed through the access tunnel in the corner of Davin & Cusack
    • Is there even access in the other corner Davin/Hogan? I thought there was, but looking at some pics it seems not, or it's very small
    • Access up at Nally Stand/terrace, but could it actually be used? it will likely be behind the stage and I've no idea if there is access up at Hill/Cusack, but it surely would be the same.

Then again, tickets were sold as Pitch 1 & Pitch 2, so anything is possible and likely. Also weird that 2 was closer to the stage.

One would think 1 would be closer to the stage than 2 in order to hear U2 sing One. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Seve OB wrote: »
    The more I think about it, I'm not so sure the pitch will be split at all. A barrier dividing the whole pitch is a lot different and much bigger to a pit barrier. Then there might even be another pit area within pitch 2. But that could be done, so not a deal breaker. But.......
      [/*]Think of the access to the pitch, For concerts I've always been routed through the access tunnel in the corner of Davin & Cusack
    • Is there even access in the other corner Davin/Hogan? I thought there was, but looking at some pics it seems not, or it's very small
    • Access up at Nally Stand/terrace, but could it actually be used? it will likely be behind the stage and I've no idea if there is access up at Hill/Cusack, but it surely would be the same.
      LIST]

Then again, tickets were sold as Pitch 1 & Pitch 2, so anything is possible and likely. Also weird that 2 was closer to the stage.

One would think 1 would be closer to the stage than 2 in order to hear U2 sing One. :D

For the last few U2 gigs in Croker, and Bruce for that matter last summer- the way the drawing shows it is exactly where the barrier was for the pit.

My guess is, the Joshua Tree shape thing on the image is the same as the "Bomb Shelter" from Vertigo. Thats the Pit section that people will queue up for.

Anyone who's looked at the setup for the concert in other countries know if it's roughly the same, with 2 different pitch groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Anyone who's looked at the setup for the concert in other countries know if it's roughly the same, with 2 different pitch groups?

I looked at Barcelona, it's just one pitch area + the red zone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No Dublin is the only venue on the tour with split pitch.
    Not a good idea in my mind ,it will increase the amount of touting .

No Dublin is the only venue on the tour with split pitch.
    Not a good idea in my mind ,it will increase the amount of touting .
    That's so weird! I wonder why Dublin is the only one being done this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭bren2001

Seve OB wrote: »
    • Think of the access to the pitch, For concerts I've always been routed through the access tunnel in the corner of Davin & Cusack

Theres a large gate to the side of the Nally terrace inbetween that on the Hogan which could easily be used. You often see it being opened after GAA games to let people in that tiny section of the Nally out.

I imagine they will open up the gates to the stand to allow for quicker egress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I've been thinking, and maybe it's a way to get more people on the pitch.

There might be some sort of safety requirement wherein if you add another safety barrier half way you can increase the capacity. This would add to the speculation that there wouldn't be a second gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

When Oasis played in Cork back in the day there was a barrier going right across the pitch splitting it in two. Wasn't aware of this heading into the gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It could be a health and safety issue due to the larger area of the pitch but the fact they normally have a pit splits the crowd anyway and stops congestion.

They never fill the pitch area in Croke Park ,its often only 2/3 full for safety reasons ,even the pit is usually sparse .

I remember Zoo Tv in Cork ,we were packed in line sardines in the pit and you could be swept 10 feet forward and back in waves .
    Those days are long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

I've been thinking, and maybe it's a way to get more people on the pitch.

There might be some sort of safety requirement wherein if you add another safety barrier half way you can increase the capacity. This would add to the speculation that there wouldn't be a second gig.

It is a crowd safety thing, but it doesn't add capacity. It allows people to get in and out faster, and avoids the wristband lottery on the day. Less hassle for the organisers. Pitch 1 has its own entrance and facilities and Pitch 2 has its own entrance and facilities. Its not really half way either, Its only a diagram, but it looks around the same size as a pit would be.

I don't know why people are complaining about them being the same price. There would be more complaints if there was a gold circle, and it was jacked up to twice the price.

Advertisement