Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The vast majority of people who buy standing tickets want to be as close to the stage as possible. It shouldn't even be up for discussion. Pitch 2 is clearly a better ticket than pitch 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

only looking for 1 ticket

any spare codes by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

kennyu272 wrote: »
    The presale worked without any hitches for me this morning.Got three GA's for Amsterdam and one for Dublin.

What time did you get them at do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

But you seem to be intent on missing my point and I'm tired of arguing about it so I'll leave it at that!
    I think its for the best! everybody else appears to get the point.

And this ridiculous comment below makes me suspect it's just trolling at this stage or at least arguing for the sake of it, knowing fine well nobody would say yes, and that nothing you said would make any reasonable person think that is what you meant.
    starWave wrote: »
    Do you think every row in the stadium should be objectively priced?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

but1er wrote: »
    only looking for 1 ticket

any spare codes by any chance

Going to find that impossible I'd say.access is through the fanclub so you'd have to have their login details to get a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

psychozeb wrote: »
    Going to find that impossible I'd say.access is through the fanclub so you'd have to have their login details to get a ticket.

yeah id image so tbh no harm in trying

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Would I be right in assuming it will be harder to get a ticket tomorrow with more people Signing up for codes in the last few days then it was to get a ticket today.

Besides the pitch were are good areas to look for in the stands, upper or lower cusack or upper or lower hogan

Thanks in advance guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Are there any Premium level on the pre sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

weadick wrote: »
    We never get a 'proper' show in Dublin. Whether its the stage not suiting the stadium (360), the residence insisting the concert starts at 8pm when its still bright and finishing at 10pm on the dot (every year) or ****e sound (every year) we always get shafted to some degree when concerts are at Croker. I know there's a sentimental aspect to it but thats mainly bull tbh.

Exactly. If you were at I&E in the point I just can't see how this gig won't be a come down from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

What if you have a Pitch 1 ticket,does this mean you cannot queue up early for pit?How can this work on the day,hardly fair when paying same money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

marcmc77 wrote: »
    What if you have a Pitch 1 ticket,does this mean you cannot queue up early for pit?How can this work on the day,hardly fair when paying same money.

Oh sweet Jesus, I thought we had just finished this............

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Redo91 wrote: »
    What time did you get them at do you mind me asking?

I got the Amsterdam tickets at 8'oclock and Dublin at 9 o'clock this morning,which is when both went onsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Was it paper tickets only for Croke park ,i.e no e-tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

I've seen a few posts on here today saying that in previous presales more tickets were released as the day went on. For those who had access today was that the case? I'm really hoping to get 4 standing tickets. I'm going to go online at 8am tomorrow to be ready for 9am so I'm confident I'll be able pick up tickets of some sort. I'm just torn if I'm unable to get the 4 standing straight away should I gamble that more will be release later in the day. Or even wait until Monday when more are released even though I'd have wasted my €50 for the presale then.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

4 tickets Viagogo Block 320 Row Y..Was €28,829.44 per ticket..now €288.01 per ticket!
    Should this go to BA thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Exactly. If you were at I&E in the point I just can't see how this gig won't be a come down from that.

They were great shows but this tour is going to be special, playing there of there most iconic albums in full, in such an iconic venue for the band plus (have a lot of doubt about this) this could be the last time they will play there (they mite decide after this tour that they have nothing more they can do and they call it a day, there in their 50's and have had one of hell of a career)

Was it paper tickets only for Croke park ,i.e no e-tickets ?
    You had the option of paper tickets,e tickets or a special collectors ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Did ye all get asked for the verified by visa thing?

Yeah I was asked for it

Yeah but it never came on and went straight to the ticket confirmation page

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah but it never came on and went straight to the ticket confirmation page

Some pain. Apparently for debit cards they send you a code and I have no access to my phone at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I got onto AIB this evening about the verified for visa thing and the guy told me when you get to the verified for visa part you will get a code in the form of a text message. What a pain. Hopefully it just skips that part and goes straight to confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Question for those that got tickets. Did you select best available or did you go for ga or seated etc?

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Question for those that got tickets. Did you select best available or did you go for ga or seated etc?
    I selected GA standing,got offered seats in the Davin Lower,tried again and then got GA standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

ITgirl73 wrote: »

Went for pitch 2 on the price list part,crashed first time then it offered seats,let them go and got standing finally(pitch 2)

Obviously I am going to try and get standing tickets tomorrow but where would be regarded a good place if I have to get seated tickets instead?

Obviously I am going to try and get standing tickets tomorrow but where would be regarded a good place if I have to get seated tickets instead?

First 8 sections of the upper (first 7 rows) or lower Hogan or Cusack

Davin stand would be too far away but CP is actually not as large as the seating chart suggests (it's obviously a huge stadium but if ur visiting for first time you will be surprised how compact the place is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Going to try and get tickets in the morning. Can anyone tell me the process? Log into my Ticketmaster account, go to U2.com and log in there. Do I have to keep refreshing the page at U2.com or just the link there to go to the right place? Do I need to refresh the Ticketmaster page or will it automatically open the sales? Does the verified by Visa come up after you have 'secured' tickets or does it add a delay?

Think I'll go for Pitch2 but I imagine they'll sell out quickly tomorrow. Reckon there was huge surge for membership this week. Will there be a seperate bath of tickets released on Friday for U2.com members?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

The "tickets" link on http://www.u2.com/tour is still showing the "Red hill" group when you select "ticket type".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

lukin wrote: »
    The "tickets" link on http://www.u2.com/tour is still showing the "Red hill" group when you select "ticket type".
    It's not 09:00 yet.

Advertisement