Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

giddybootz wrote: »
    Do you think there will be any standing at all released on Monday?

I'd imagine so. There only seemed to be Pitch 1 available for standing today. I tired searching for both but there was no sign of pitch 2 at all. I doubt all standing was released in the presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I got 4 pitch 1 earlier....bought the collectors edition tickets by mistake but happy out...at least im guaranteed entry.
    A bit of heart stopping stuff with the site going blank etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Do you think there will be any standing at all released on Monday?

Definitely. They only release a certain amount for presale. The biggest volume of tickets go on sale on Monday. It will also have the biggest volume of people looking for tickets though.

I'd imagine the 2nd night will be announced and released on Monday though. Don't know why they don't just announce both now as it's a 100% certainty the first one sells out in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Is the sound really that bad in Croker?

Anyone any experience with Barcelona or Amsterdam? Are they better sound-wise?

Am I right in thinking the 186 seated tickets are the best sound-wise and that the 110 tickets could be crap? Seems a bit of a lottery.

I am really giving some thought to seeing it somewhere other than Dublin (assuming I can get tickets). Barcelona or the Dam seem like good destinations.

I saw ZooTv at home in Cork when I was young, I'd love to see them again especially this album. I didn't have the money to try for the pre sales so I'm in with everyone else on Monday's scramble, lol. I'd hate to get tickets and get there and the sound is rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Redo91 wrote: »
    I'd imagine so. There only seemed to be Pitch 1 available for standing today. I tired searching for both but there was no sign of pitch 2 at all. I doubt all standing was released in the presale.

There'll be loads on Monday. And loads more on good old Seatwave, the people's website. god bless ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Ok can get on using my phone but still only getting offered 1 ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Ticketmaster website is really acting the maggot today.
    The pages are not loading properly at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

There'll be loads on Monday. And loads more on good old Seatwave, the people's website. god bless ticketmaster.

Seatwave will hove totally jacked up prices though yeah? Maybe something will appear on Toutless :/

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Tried for pitch 2 but got offered 4 x pitch 1 tickets . Wasn't a member but was able to buy membership at checkout . Worked out 94 each . Will try for Pitch 2 on Monday. Cant imagine it will be too difficult to get rid of Pitch 1 tickets if succesful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brookers

Hi guys, this is my story went on at 9 am and secured two lovely seated tickets in the lower sections of cusack for 110 each, anyways none of my cards would work on this apple mac, the verify thing just kept throwing up a little pic of a sad man, and wouldnt complete the payment, anyways went to another computer and got two seated on level 7 of the cusack stand row p. Are they really terrible tickets, would it be worth my while trying for better ones and just sell those, do you think I should just accept what i got and be happy im going to the concert. The credit card thing really stressed me out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

So after 68 minutes and rejecting loads of options, I just took 2 LOW 310 seats for €233.70 (including all fees).

I wanted standing and will try from them on Monday but at least now I have a security deposit so to speak.

Loads of friends trying for tickets on Monday so I'm assuming my two seated tickets will be quickly taken off my hands should I secure standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Tried for pitch 2 but got offered 4 x  pitch 1 tickets . Wasn't  a member but was able to buy membership at checkout . Worked out 94 each . Will try for Pitch 2 on Monday. Cant imagine it will be too difficult to get rid of Pitch 1 tickets if succesful.....
    How did you get into the sale in the first place if you weren't a member and didn't have the WIRES code??

Seatwave will hove totally jacked up prices though yeah? Maybe something will appear on Toutless :/

Oh god ya, sorry, seatwave is just ticketmaster's (official partners) touting site. They will have a bunch of "sold out" tickets on there, for ridiculous prices, and they'll get another cut on top of the original cut they took for any actual touted tickets, not just their own "sold out" tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    How did you get into the sale in the first place if you weren't a member and didn't have the WIRES code??

Because U2 are mad for money and allowed people to search and then pay 50 euro extra for a U2 subscription.:mad:
    If I had known that I wouldnt have bothered renewing my sub beforehand .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

You can just go on the Ticketmaster website and you have the option to purchase subscription with the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Just clicked on the link on the main Ticketmaster webpage . Was really just having a look to see prices , didnt think id be able to buy them . All of my group were happy to pay an extra €12 each (membership) for pitch tickets . Wasnt asked for a code at any stage , once it found the tickets , only option was tickets + subscription (€50)

They were offering membership+ticket options when I chose the wire group. That makes it even worse. Sell the presale option there and then, and still don't offer tickets :D

How these guys get away with it. Ticketmaster must be owned by the government.

Because U2 are mad for money and allowed people to search and then pay 50 euro extra for a U2 subscription.:mad:

As bad and money hungry as they are, this one is totally down to ticketmaster. They control their website at the end of the day. They no doubt offered U2 a way to sell the presale, but abused it in this way, for a cut of the presales sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Some f*cking joke in fairness. 50 dollars might be peanuts to lots of people but it's still a lot of money for some U2 fans....basically for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

JKerova1 wrote: »

Some f*cking joke in fairness. 50 dollars might be peanuts to lots of people but it's still a lot of money for some U2 fans....basically for nothing.
    Really? What an absolute joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Pitch 1 tickets being offered now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

As bad and money hungry as they are, this one is totally down to ticketmaster. They control their website at the end of the day. They no doubt offered U2 a way to sell the presale, but abused it in this way, for a cut of the presales sold.

Disagree. This smacks of U2 management saying to ticketmaster 'offer a way to buy our subscription for €50 on your page' and they offer ticketmaster a cut of subscriptions generated through the TM website that day. It's win-win for both parties. Extra revenue all around, expect to see it happen more often from heritage acts and TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Just got 2 standing tickets, keep trying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Pitch 1 tickets available still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Pitch 1 available for me here too

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I just went back in 5 mins ago and got 1 x Pitch 1 ticket and then went again and got 1 x Pitch 1 ticket!!! Woohoo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I just got three Pitch 2 at 10:27.
    Delighted.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

I just got 4 pitch 1 tickets (in 2 batches of 2) by just clicking again and again when it says none are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Paul McGuiness used to always say it was the band that dictated to him how fans were not in any way to be taken advantage of or ripped off. He had a story about how he wanted to increase ticket prices by a fiver for Joshua Tree shows in the 80's (20 to 25) and the band refused point black. What the hell happened between then and now? There does seem to be a direct correlation between McGuinness leaving and fans being ripped off more and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Got 2 Pitch 1 and 2 Pitch 2 - thank feckin god! :) We'll be split up but I'm delighted!

Advertisement