Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Got lower cusack 302,these seats better be good 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Where are ye buying your tickets from lads? Ticketmaster is saying tickets are not on sale until Monday the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Got 2 pitch1 and then went back and got 2 upper Cusack 706, but row A, so just just have to check with himself is he alright with sitting peering over the edge! I'm grand with heights but he might have an issue. I'll have friends or relatives who'll take either that we don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Med101007 wrote: »
    Where are ye buying your tickets from lads? Ticketmaster is saying tickets are not on sale until Monday the 16th.

Presale, you have to join the fan club at u2.com

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Ronney wrote: »
    Presale, you have to join the fan club at u2.com

Can also join at ticketbastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

the pitch 1/2 thing will blow up again on the day if the die hards are queueing all night with their pitch standing ticket only to find out the closest they can get to BonoGod is the pit wall. Blood will be shed!

Fail to see the logic in charging same price if they limit access.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Limit of 4 per code only applies to tm.ie and tm.co.uk.
    Separate sites for Amsterdam and Rome and you can use the code again for these.

I thought its 4 max across all venues.
    They say that they will audit codes to see if people buy more across different countries but Im not sure that they can do that .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know how long it takes to get email with membership info (if you buy membership with the ticket on TM)? It says 7-10 days.
    As I am getting a single ticket with the membership but I want the option of using the code for other tickets.

I thought its 4 max across all venues.
    They say that they will audit codes to see if people buy more across different countries but Im not sure that they can do that .
    They probably could, but fair bit of hassle I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone know how long it takes to get email with membership info (if you buy membership with the ticket on TM)? It says 7-10 days.
    As I am getting a single ticket with the membership but I want the option of using the code for other tickets.

You don't get email, you get the code by logging into u2.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Hardly any chance of any more pitch 2 tickets coming up I suppose. Some joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Med101007 wrote: »

You can just go onto ticketmaster.ie and look for the tickets. You will have to pay an extra $50 for 'fanclub subscription'. They seem to be releasing more tickets throughout the day. Wonder how many are available for presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The realisation is only kicking in now for me

I paid €201 for 1 ticket (Hogan 333 Row q) they better be a good view and perfect sound

What's done is done roll on the show can't wait finally going to see them perform ISHFWILF(they were actually suppose to play it at the show I was at Dublin 2 on the I&E tour but they changed it too bad/40 at the last second)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I was going to buy 2 tickets for Barcelona until I read that the buyers name is printed on the ticket and you’ll need the ID/Passport to identify yourself at the venue’s access.
    Its not very well advertised on the Spanish Ticketmaster site.

Its a good idea to curb touting but messy as Im not 100% sure I will be able to go that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The realisation is only kicking in now for me

I paid €201 for 1 ticket (Hogan 333 Row q) they better be a good view and perfect sound

What's done is done roll on the show can't wait finally going to see them perform ISHFWILF(they were actually suppose to play it at the show I was at Dublin 2 on the I&E tour but they changed it too bad/40 at the last second)

Stadium shows are notorious for the difficulty for getting good sound. Especially croker. Hope you get good sound but if you're desperate for good sound I would have gone for a standing ticket if it was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

I got my 4 tickets yesterday in the presale, and today I've been asked by a workmate if I can get him another 2 in Monday's general sale.

Is this possible? Or is there a limit per person/household/credit card etc?

You don't get email, you get the code by logging into u2.com
    I'm not talking about standard membership signup. I am talking about when you buy a ticket and membership together on TM:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-dublin-22-07-2017/event/18005226BB024DDB?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Is this possible? Or is there a limit per person/household/credit card etc?

Supposed to max 8 General Sale but I've never heard of anybody having had tickets taken off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Looks like another batch was just released for Amsterdam as I was able to buy the 3 more I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Does anyone know if they're going to be checking ID against the ticket name or anything similar that could prevent selling a physical ticket on, like last tour? Have bought Pitch 1 tickets on the presale for Dublin but am considering trying for Pitch 2 on Monday. Hope everyone has gotten what they wanted! (or gotten some form of ticket, at least).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

SteM wrote: »
    Stadium shows are notorious for the difficulty for getting good sound. Especially croker. Hope you get good sound but if you're desperate for good sound I would have gone for a standing ticket if it was you.

I was at the stone roses in the Etihad Stadium in Manchester last summer and the sound is was terrific. Maybe as CP/Aviva are in residential areas the sound has too be muted a bit ???

I was in 307 for Bruce Springsteen last year and the sound was good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they're going to be checking ID against the ticket name or anything similar that could prevent selling a physical ticket on, like last tour? Have bought Pitch 1 tickets on the presale for Dublin but am considering trying for Pitch 2 on Monday. Hope everyone has gotten what they wanted! (or gotten some form of ticket, at least).

Not sure about this. I ordered the normal ticket which they post out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Seems to be just Upper available now again. Mainly around 714 and 715.

€76 each.

Edit: Pitch 1 back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seems to be just Upper available now again. Mainly around 714 and 715.

€76 each.

just tried now and it's giving me the option of 2 standing for Pitch 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Just got 2x GA Standing for Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Managed to get my pitch 1 tickets and I'm delighted with them. Hope everyone who got on this morning got the tickets they wanted. Enjoy the gig everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Wheety wrote: »
    Not sure about this. I ordered the normal ticket which they post out.

Me too, Ticketmaster usually post physical tickets out very quickly too. It doesn't look like there's anything on their website about needing the credit card used etc but am hearing some venues in Europe will be putting some policies in place to prevent touting!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Any €39.05 being offered to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Supposed to max 8 General Sale but I've never heard of anybody having had tickets taken off them.

They did on last tour to people living at same address

• Advertisement

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    None of those restrictions this time, apart from the Barcelona gig, which will have names printed on tickets and doesn't allow resale

Advertisement