Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

got offered davin, tried again.
    Got pitch 1 3 times in a row then. 4th time I took it as I read people getting nothing here, and it was taking longer each time.

4 pitch tickets, wooo!

damn "pitch 1" thing slightly soured it. really, pitch 2 is sold out? Or being held for general sale? So people who paid extra are further back than the ones who win the lottery on Monday?!

How do you work this out? All pitch tickets are the same price
    JKerova1 wrote: »
    My code still seems to be working even though I used it to buy 4 tickets in two different countries...prob not worth trying to get another 2...is it?

Really?
    lambayire wrote: »
    queuing won't be allowed, apparently

Really? says who?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

If you decided to pay the €50 sub now and could only get 1 Pitch 1 standing, would you have the code today to go back in and buy up to another 3 as it would be expensive if you can only use it on 1 purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

None of those restrictions this time, apart from the Barcelona gig, which will have names printed on tickets and doesn't allow resale

Perfect, thanks for the info!

Seve OB wrote: »

Really?

Really? says who?

Re; queuing, if this is about Croke Park - they never allow queuing for gigs, at least up until about 4pm. I don't remember where, but I've already seen on an official page that the same will apply to U2. I don't know how that works in practicality, but that's the rule as they set it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Really?

Really? says who?

Ticketmaster.

"No queuing will be permitted prior to gates opening."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Got hogan seated eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lambayire wrote: »
    How do you work this out?  All pitch tickets are the same price

Really?

Really?  says who?

Ticketmaster.

"No queuing will be permitted prior to gates opening."
    Said the same about Springsteen and there were thousands queuing no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I know, but I paid extra to gain access to presale and pitch 2 were seemingly unavailable. They're clearly still available as people are still getting them so someone in general sale will get them. A better ticket, 50 bucks cheaper than mine(well 12 cos 4 of us split the cost but you get my point surely :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

If you decided to pay the €50 sub now and could only get 1 Pitch 1 standing, would you have the code today to go back in and buy up to another 3 as it would be expensive if you can only use it on 1 purchase?

Yes,but there is no guarantee that you'll get tickets. Had code for I+E tour and got nothing in Dublin pre sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Does anyone know if the Red Zone tickets are part of the presale?

Tried to get them this morning to no avail but I noticed when you try to get the Red Zone (or any of the special tickets) you don't have to enter any presale code which makes me think they weren't part of the Wires presale at all? Logged on first thing and had no luck but when I tried to get normal tickets you had to select your presale group and input the code first. Raging as only seeing top tier seats now (bad vertigo so no go) and having no luck with GA :-(

• Advertisement

I know, but I paid extra to gain access to presale and pitch 2 were seemingly unavailable. They're clearly still available as people are still getting them so someone in general sale will get them. A better ticket, 50 bucks cheaper than mine(well 12 cos 4 of us split the cost but you get my point surely :D)

Nope. You paid extra to join the fan club.

Nope. You paid extra to join the fan club.

No, I paid extra to access presale as advertised all over U2.com and ticketmaster

Mr Teeny wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Red Zone tickets are part of the presale?

Tried to get them this morning to no avail but I noticed when you try to get the Red Zone (or any of the special tickets) you don't have to enter any presale code which makes me think they weren't part of the Wires presale at all? Logged on first thing and had no luck but when I tried to get normal tickets you had to select your presale group and input the code first. Raging as only seeing top tier seats now (bad vertigo so no go) and having no luck with GA :-(

Saw on twitter that people have apparently been able to access the Red Zone tickets since yesterday without having to input the presale code, so they must have been sold outside of it. I hope you get some tickets though, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Sitting here for last hour refreshing. Think I'll give up on Pitch 2 now.

No, I paid extra to access presale as advertised all over U2.com and ticketmaster

Sorry but you are wrong there pal. You paid to join the fan club. You get lots of perks when you are in the fan club with special access on their website, discounted merchandise, exclusive content, a free gift and an opportunity to join the presale of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sitting here for last hour refreshing. Think I'll give up on Pitch 2 now.

They seem to have released hardly any Pitch 2 tickets.
    Knowing Ticketmaster and the promoter ,they probably haven't an iota of where the divide between Pitch 1 and 2 will be so they will mostly sell Pitch 1 tickets until closer to the event.
    Only then will we see a decent release of Pitch 2 tickets.
    You get lots of perks when you are in the fan club with special access on their website, discounted merchandise, exclusive content, a free gift and an opportunity to join the presale of tickets.

Its very poor value for 50 dollars.You get a crappy gift and the merchandise is overpriced.
    They used to have separate forums for subscribers,they are gone now .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Pitch 2 is the pit !!!

Sorry but you are wrong there pal. You paid to join the fan club. You get lots of perks when you are in the fan club with special access on their website, discounted merchandise, exclusive content, a free gift and an opportunity to join the presale of tickets.

You're able to tell me why I joined up? Really?! Cos I can tell you it was for the presale and none of the above.

I get your point but you're way off. Using your same argument, they are clearly pushing membership as a direct link to presale.

You can buy the bloody thing in ticketmaster with the ticket, how much clearer do you need it to be?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

sharkman wrote: »
    Pitch 2 is the pit !!!

Exactly which is why you should get access by queueing on a first come, first serve basis, not simply idly log in online an hour after a 'pre-sale' starts and buy 50 euro more for some phoney club membership.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Exactly which is why you should get access by queueing on a first come, first serve basis, not simply idly log in online an hour after a 'pre-sale' starts and buy 50 euro more for some phoney club membership.

Exactly , Did anyone actually purchase a P2 ticket online . Dont think they were for sale ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Exactly , Did anyone actually purchase a P2 ticket online . Dont think they were for sale ?

I got 3 ,but had to buy them all as singles .

Standing seems to be sold out again .

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Yep just after 10.35am I finally got 2 x P2 tickets. Had to buy individually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

giddybootz wrote: »
    Yep just after 10.35am I finally got P2 tickets.

Me too. I had to buy them 1 by 1 though. Second time around there was none for sale then it just popped up.

Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

They were for sure, had them earlier today.

You're able to tell me why I joined up? Really?! Cos I can tell you it was for the presale and none of the above.

I get your point but you're way off. Using your same argument, they are clearly pushing membership as a direct link to presale.

You can buy the bloody thing in ticketmaster with the ticket, how much clearer do you need it to be?! :D

no of course I am not able to tell you why you joined up. I realise the only reason you decided to join the fan club was to access the bandwagon presale tickets.

I am explaining that you that the €50 extra you paid was not just for the presale tickets, but rather that is an added bonus to the extra member content. It should not be considered an extra cost to the ticket, It is an add on that you didn't have to buy. If you didn't want to join up, you didn't have to and you could have waited till Monday.

Lots of real fans with red hill presale access weren't lucky enough to get a standing ticket, so is it fair they paid lots more money than you (who jumped on the bandwagon) and ended up with a worse ticket?

I also think it is a bit rich that you are passing the membership cost on to your mates, but hey, that's your prerogative (and your mates foolishness). Going by your logic, I bought 4 standing tickets, but my own standing ticket cost me about €140 :rolleyes:

Y'know I normally defend U2 when people complain that they're greedy etc but I am quite shocked that they're selling these memberships as bundles with Ticketmaster. So much for the idea that it's a club for the dedicated fans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

OK. Did you not get access to the presale?
    It kind of sounds like you recently paid for U2.com membership as you only wanted access to the presale.

Im pretty sure nowhere does it say: Sign up for Presale, get access to U2.com.

no of course I am not able to tell you why you joined up. I realise the only reason you decided to join the fan club was to access the bandwagon presale tickets.

I am explaining that you that the €50 extra you paid was not just for the presale tickets, but rather that is an added bonus to the extra member content. It should not be considered an extra cost to the ticket, It is an add on that you didn't have to buy. If you didn't want to join up, you didn't have to and you could have waited till Monday.

Lots of real fans with red hill presale access weren't lucky enough to get a standing ticket, so is it fair they paid lots more money than you (who jumped on the bandwagon) and ended up with a worse ticket?

I also think it is a bit rich that you are passing the membership cost on to your mates, but hey, that's your prerogative (and your mates foolishness). Going by your logic, I bought 4 standing tickets, but my own standing ticket cost me about €140 :rolleyes:

A bit rich? I gave them the option. I said, "hey, will we take our chances Monday, or will we go 4ths on a membership and get the presale?". That's "rich"? Are you for real?

Real fans? Excuse me? I am as real a U2 fan as it gets. I just don't fancy paying 50 a year for a pointless membership when I can do so when the tours come around. I think I've lined Bono's well tailored pockets enough.

You've stepped well beyond the line with that last reply.

@ Steve OB. F%#k off with your condescending "bandwagon" talk. We've as much right to join the presale today and buy standing tickets as any "real fan".

when did I ever say you had no right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

F%#k off with you condescending "bandwagon" talk. We've as much right to join the presale today and buy standing tickets as any "real fan".

You didnt join the presale though. You chose to join U2.com which gave you access to the presale. Did you not get access?

Advertisement