Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

iSeano90 wrote: »
    OK. Did you not get access to the presale?
    It kind of sounds like you recently paid for U2.com membership as you only wanted access to the presale.

Im pretty sure nowhere does it say: Sign up for Presale, get access to U2.com.

I think you missed the point completely, but.....yeahhhh.

What?! Presale, yes, but this "presale" has magic reappearing tickets. My "presale" had 0 Pitch2 tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Seve OB wrote: »
    when did I ever say you had no right?

"Lots of real fans with red hill presale access weren't lucky enough to get a standing ticket, so is it fair they paid lots more money than you (who jumped on the bandwagon) and ended up with a worse ticket?"

See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

A bit rich? I gave them the option. I said, "hey, will we take our chances Monday, or will we go 4ths on a membership and get the presale?". That's "rich"? Are you for real?

Real fans? Excuse me? I am as real a U2 fan as it gets. I just don't fancy paying 50 a year for a pointless membership when I can do so when the tours come around. I think I've lined Bono's well tailored pockets enough.

You've stepped well beyond the line with that last reply.

nope, I just said I felt it was a bit rich to do it like that. not something I would do, but I did say that it was between you guys and you are well entitled to do it. it is just my opinion.

the rest of it about the u2.com subscription was a fact that you choose to ignore.

I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

"Lots of real fans with red hill presale access weren't lucky enough to get a standing ticket, so is it fair they paid lots more money than you (who jumped on the bandwagon) and ended up with a worse ticket?"

See above.

yes, I said you jumped on the bandwagon, but where did I say you had no right to?

You didnt join the presale though. You chose to join U2.com which gave you access to the presale. Did you not get access?

Of course I got access to the presale. Ticketmaster were clearly promoting the membership as giving direct access to presale tickets however. Membership is even available as an add on to tickets (which aren't on public sale) ffs. Anyone who tries to argue against this is kidding themselves.

• Advertisement

nope, I just said I felt it was a bit rich to do it like that. not something I would do, but I did say that it was between you guys and you are well entitled to do it. it is just my opinion.

the rest of it about the u2.com subscription was a fact that you choose to ignore.

I'm done.

That's not how you said it mr rolleyes

You are as condescending as it gets.

You also seem to be completely missing the point. But good job at making yourself look like a right piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

I think you missed the point completely, but.....yeahhhh.

What?! Presale, yes, but this "presale" has magic reappearing tickets. My "presale" had 0 Pitch2 tickets available.

Not looking to pick a fight here, but you cant tell me it said anywhere on the website: Join U2.com, get access to the presale, and we guarantee Pitch2 tickets.

You join the website cause you are presumably a fan.
    The website offers presale access (a day early for long term members, too)
    Supply is limited, you had access to the presale.

I can understand you are upset you didnt get the tickets of your choice. Also, people get far enough into buying them, then release them- of course they go back into the general pool. Thats why you keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

no of course I am not able to tell you why you joined up. I realise the only reason you decided to join the fan club was to access the bandwagon presale tickets.

I am explaining that you that the €50 extra you paid was not just for the presale tickets, but rather that is an added bonus to the extra member content. It should not be considered an extra cost to the ticket, It is an add on that you didn't have to buy. If you didn't want to join up, you didn't have to and you could have waited till Monday.

Lots of real fans with red hill presale access weren't lucky enough to get a standing ticket, so is it fair they paid lots more money than you (who jumped on the bandwagon) and ended up with a worse ticket?

I also think it is a bit rich that you are passing the membership cost on to your mates, but hey, that's your prerogative (and your mates foolishness). Going by your logic, I bought 4 standing tickets, but my own standing ticket cost me about €140 :rolleyes:

Real fans? It's a bit idiotic to go paying €50 every year for that subscription. You get very little for it. I haven't a clue what "gift" I'm due but I'm not expecting much. You get 20% off merchandise which is till overpriced after that discount. The only real perk is access to the presale.

Those who think it's worth signing up to are just being conned. Just because people don't subscribe to that doesn't mean they aren't true fans. They just have a bit of common sense unlike the fans who have their head up Bono's hole and think that signing up to it makes them "true fans".

Not looking to pick a fight here, but you cant tell me it said anywhere on the website: Join U2.com, get access to the presale, and we guarantee Pitch2 tickets.

You join the website cause you are presumably a fan.
    The website offers presale access (a day early for long term members, too)
    Supply is limited, you had access to the presale.

I can understand you are upset you didnt get the tickets of your choice. Also, people get far enough into buying them, then release them- of course they go back into the general pool. Thats why you keep trying.

You're having a laugh right? Trolling? I'm not saying it guaranteed anything. I am saying the tickets are clearly available and they clearly made them unavailable. It's very suspect. Ticketmaster are very suspect. U2 are very suspect. But congrats for keeping your head in the sand.

U2 gave up caring about their "real" fans long ago.

yes, I said you jumped on the bandwagon, but where did I say you had no right to?

You questioned whether it was fair that "bandwagon jumpers" were able to buy pitch tickets when some of the "real fans" who have subscribed for years could not get pitch tickets. Hence you questioning "bandwagoners" right to pitch tickets. It's pretty clear really what you were insinuating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Fight fight fight !!!

You questioned whether it was fair that "bandwagon jumpers" were able to buy pitch tickets when some of the "real fans" who have subscribed for years could not get pitch tickets. Hence you questioning "bandwagoners" right to pitch tickets. It's pretty clear really what you were insinuating.

Supply is limited. Long term fans got access yesterday. They were in short supply today. Surely you can appreciate its a simple fact of limited supply?

I never knew principle management had reps on here. Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fairly simple business model really. Create a confusing and long winded ticket buying process which scares people into signing up for this bullsh1t and sit back and watch the money roll in. 

Huge margins on that 50 quid too. No venues or promoters to take a cut!

Its becoming more and more difficult to like U2.

Supply is limited. Long term fans got access yesterday. They were in short supply today. Surely you can appreciate its a simple fact of limited supply?

Let spell this out to you slowly.

9am - no pitch2(supposedly best tickets) available

10:30am - pitch2 in plentiful supply.

Try and work out the logic there.

I got my pitch tickets. Of course it's limited supply, I never said otherwise. What I'm taking offence to is being called a "bandwagoner" because I signed up to the membership for the sole reason of getting access to the presale. I make no apologies for doing that and have zero interest in the other "benefits" of membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Presales are open to the Red Hill group from [font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif]Wednesday, Jan. 11, 9am[/font][font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif] to [/font][font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif]Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm. [/font]
    [font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif]Its the luck of the draw as to what you get during this period, and its up to members to chose when to buy during this period.[/font]
    Blame TM for not making enough Pitch 2 tickets available on Wednesday, not the Wires (bandwagon) group that may have been fortunate enough to pick up Pitch 2 tickets today.

You're having a laugh right? Trolling? I'm not saying it guaranteed anything. I am saying the tickets are clearly available and they clearly made them unavailable. It's very suspect. Ticketmaster are very suspect. U2 are very suspect. But congrats for keeping your head in the sand.

U2 gave up caring about their "real" fans long ago.

Im not trolling, I just cant understand your expectations here really. Its very limited supply for something in high demand. No guarantees offered. You 'chose' to sign up for U2.com to get access to a presale. You got access to the presale- just didn't get tickets you wanted as the demand was too high.

Tickets always come back available a little later. This is the same for almost every singe gig in high demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Nal wrote: »
    Its becoming more and more difficult to like U2.

I lost a lot of respect for them when they signed Oseary as manager.
    He is the Don King of the music business .
    Paul Mc Guinness wouldn't tolerate this .

Im not trolling, I just cant understand your expectations here really. Its very limited supply for something in high demand. No guarantees offered. You 'chose' to sign up for U2.com to get access to a presale. You got access to the presale- just didn't get tickets you wanted as the demand was too high.

Tickets always come back available a little later. This is the same for almost every singe gig in high demand.

Demand was not too high. They weren't put on sale. You're really struggling to get the point here.

Paid for presale, got no access to pitch 2

general sale get access to pitch 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Demand was not too high. They weren't put on sale. You're really struggling to get the point here.

Are we 100% that people with pitch 1 tickets have no access to pitch 2?

The Nal wrote: »
    Are we 100% that people with pitch 1 tickets have no access to pitch 2?

No but a tweet from TM suggests so;
    https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/818504699108327424

You are really missing the point here.

Nowhere in the world, can you "pay for the presale", as you say.
    You pay for the access to U2.com membership side of things, and as part of that, you get access to presale codes.

If you were a longterm subscriber of the site, you would have got access yesterday, when there was more Pitch2 tickets available, which would have given you a better chance of getting the tickets you desired.

As you stated, you have no interest in being a member of U2.com, which I presume means you only recently signed up - so you didnt get to take advantage of the presale yesterday.

You pay for the access to U2.com membership side of things, and as part of that, you get access to presale codes.

If you were a longterm subscriber of the site, you would have got access yesterday, when there was more Pitch2 tickets available, which would have given you a better chance of getting the tickets you desired.

As you stated, you have no interest in being a member of U2.com, which I presume means you only recently signed up - so you didnt get to take advantage of the presale yesterday.

Christ.

Seriously?!

Pitch2 were in plentiful supply after 10:30! They will be in the general sale! It was pure pot luck! Yesterday was no different! As Seve even pointed out, some yesterday missed out on GA completely. Again, this makes zero sense as loads of us today got them. Fair? Certainly not.

http://prntscr.com/duoq36

Nowhere in the world. Except ticketmaster Ireland. I suppose they are otherworldly.

Christ.

Seriously?!

Pitch2 were in plentiful supply after 10:30! They will be in the general sale! It was pure pot luck! Yesterday was no different! As Seve even pointed out, some yesterday missed out on GA completely. Again, this makes zero sense as loads of us today got them. Fair? Certainly not.

What has Christ got to do with this?

There is an allocation of various tickets for yesterday and today.
    Tickets go back in the system all the time. You take your chances.
    This is not exclusive to U2. Its the way it has always worked for anyone big that will sellout. If you were in yesterdays presale, you probably would have got Pitch2. But, you didnt want to join U2.com.

I give up.

b9080b0e725d4f42aac329c993be622e.png

Christ.

Seriously?!

As I said yesterday pre-sales rarely give access to better tickets, just a chance to get tickets with less competition than the general sale. I'm pretty sure the tickets are just a proportion of all the different tiers. The general sale will still have the most of every ticket type, but with more competition for it.

I briefly considered signing up for the pre-sale (even though I can't really afford it) but I don't want to support this crazy business model. My chances of getting tickets on Monday are slim but I'd rather take that chance and hope I can pick up a ticket on toutless if I miss out.

I get there were no guarantees. That is not the problem. The problem is the completely random allocation, and the oh so weird pitch1 pitch2 situation. Ticketmaster go out of their way to make things as messed up as possible.

• Advertisement

What has Christ got to do with this?

Everything. He gave TM the permission to make this a presale money eating frenzy. Pesky Bono;)

Advertisement