Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Loads of people who didn't take the chump option like you, paying every year, got pitch2 today too. Loads more missed out on it yesterday too, chumps like you.

John, John, John.
    You sound bitter. You are going to see U2. Get over the Pitch2 thing.

Keep an eye out for me and the other chumps in Pitch2. I'll give you a wave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

this literally proves his point though :confused:

it doesn't say "presale", it says "U2.com subscription".

They are selling U2 tickets on the basis you buy the sub. It's a direct link. It can't be any more direct. It's saying "Buy membership to get ticket". Like, access to the presale. Directly.

iSeano90 wrote: »
    John, John, John.
    You sound bitter. You are going to see U2. Get over the Pitch2 thing.

Keep an eye out for me and the other chumps in Pitch2. I'll give you a wave.

You'll be struggling to breath as your head will be so far up Bono's A hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Presales are open to the Red Hill group from [font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif]Wednesday, Jan. 11, 9am[/font][font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif] to [/font][font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif]Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm. [/font]
    [font=gotham-lightgotham-light, sans-serif]Its the luck of the draw as to what you get during this period, and its up to members to chose when to buy during this period.[/font]
    Blame TM for not making enough Pitch 2 tickets available on Wednesday, not the Wires (bandwagon) group that may have been fortunate enough to pick up Pitch 2 tickets today.
    er, why would you blame Ticketmaster for something they have absolutely no control over?
    Ticketmaster don't decide how many tickets are in the presale, that's to do with the band and the promoter.
    Ticketmaster sell tickets as they're instructed to.
    :pouty: blame the band and promoter then! whatever....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

They are selling U2 tickets on the basis you buy the sub. It's a direct link. It can't be any more direct. It's saying "Buy membership to get ticket". Like, access to the presale. Directly.
    exactly, they're selling tickets with a subscription.

nowhere are they selling tickets "with presale".

so you literally couldn't be more wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Jeez. Is anyone looking forward to going to the concert here?!!

this literally proves his point though :confused:

it doesn't say "presale", it says "U2.com subscription".

And a U2.com subscription gives access to the presale, which he got!
    It doesn't say "we guarantee access to not only a ticket, but the explicit choice of ticket you want!"

No actually. You need to membership to get the ticket. That's the only option. It's not a "get ticket with optional membership". It's a 50 bucks gateway to the tickets which are currently not on sale otherwise.

Veloce wrote: »
    Jeez. Is anyone looking forward to going to the concert here?!!

Absolutely. Cant wait for it. Delighted to have Pitch2 tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I have to agree somewhat. I have seen every tour at least twice since 1987. I will be getting tickets for this tour but feel a bit disappointed that no new album for tour. JT is only 11 songs , average concert is about 22-23 songs. I cant wait to see them but I hope this is not the start of a greatest hits band like the rolling stones. The band have always been adamant they would not go down this road.

Replying to myself. I was a grumpy fu**er who was worried an out getting tickets. Got tickets on 2 accounts and I cant wait to see the GREATEST FU**ING BAND EVER again. Best of luck to everyone on mon in the hunt.beg borrow or steal to see this band live. On a side note I will recognise every mountain, lighthouse, storefront, apartment building and pick up truck after my efforts today..

• Advertisement

No actually. You need to membership to get the ticket. That's the only option. It's not a "get ticket with optional membership". It's a 50 bucks gateway to the tickets which are currently not on sale otherwise.
    yes, MEMBERSHIP.

they're selling TICKETS WITH A U2.COM SUBSCRIPTION.

I can't fathom which part of this are you not getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Replying to myself. I was a grumpy fu**er who was worried an out getting tickets. Got 8 pithttps://youtu.be/7e18H-mCfdIch tickets on 2 accounts and I can wait to see the GREATEST FU**ING BAND EVER again. Best of luck to everyone on mon in the hunt.beg borrow or steal to see this band live. On a side note I will recognise every mountain, lighthouse, storefront, apartment building and pick up truck after my efforts today..

Apt username for the process people were going through today to get tickets ;)

yes, MEMBERSHIP.

they're selling TICKETS WITH A U2.COM SUBSCRIPTION.

I can't fathom which part of this are you not getting?

And what do you get if you buy them?

ACCESS TO THE PRESALE.

You really need to fathom harder there boss.

They are hawking presale access. Clearly. No more clearly than ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Wheety wrote: »
    I got access to Pitch 2 at 10:30 this morning.

Are the gates open already?!?!
    ;)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They are only selling crap seats in the Davin stand now .
    Very poor selection of seats available today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

They are only selling crap seats in the Davin stand now .
    Very poor selection of seats available today.

Seems to be offering seats in blocks 725-728 at the moment if looking for pairs or blocks 325-328 if looking for singles.

€110 each

And what do you get if you buy them?

ACCESS TO THE PRESALE.

You really need to fathom harder there boss.

They are hawking presale access. Clearly. No more clearly than ever before.
    yes, access to presale tickets for u2 concerts is one of the parts of u2.com subscription.

so if you bought a ticket and subscription this morning, you now have access to presale tickets, money off merchandise, and other benefits.

they are not "hawking presale" they are hawking u2.com subscriptions.

the screenshot you posted confirms exactly that.

it doesn't say "Ticket + access to presales at additional €50", it says ticket+u2.com subscription for €50.

click Buy, proceed and you get a ticket and u2.com subscription.

You're completely wrong. The only way you would be right is if it was general sale. It's not. That's the only way to access the tickets. They are hawking presale access. Clear and utterly.

You're right, but that doesn't change the fact that selling subscriptions in this way is taking advantage. It's certainly not being done for altruistic reasons/to give their fans a good deal (pre-sale access and a free trinket, wow!). I'm glad people who chose to sign up are happy with their membership perks but recognise that not everyone wants to/can afford the membership fee every year. The band/management know full well the tickets for this tour, especially the Dublin date, will be in huge demand and this is an obvious ploy to squeeze as much money out of anxious fans as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

iSeano90 wrote: »
    You are really missing the point here.

Nowhere in the world, can you "pay for the presale", as you say.

couldn't be more wrong? jaysus this argument over semantics is really dragging on.

I imagine if you rang/emailed/tweeted ticketmaster and asked "can I buy a ticket with presale" or "can I pay for the presale" I bet they would say yes, and tell you how to select the appropriate one, I certainly doubt they would just say NO and leave it at that. They might well mention the subscription but I doubt they would get all pedantic saying "no, absolutely no way you can pay for presale, not on your life, you literally could not be any more wrong. But you might be interested to know you can buy a ticket with a u2 subcription which then gives you presale code, but the answer to your question is 100% NO"

• Advertisement

You're completely wrong. The only way you would be right is if it was general sale. It's not. That's the only way to access the tickets. They are hawking presale access. Clear and utterly.
    LOL, you must be trolling, your screenshot proves exactly what I said and completely disproves your earlier comment.
    either that or you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about at this stage.

tickets and u2.com subscriptions are onsale, and many people have bought them and now have tickets and u2.com subscriptions. it's pretty simple really.

You're right, but that doesn't change the fact that selling subscriptions in this way is taking advantage. It's certainly not being done for altruistic reasons/to give their fans a good deal (pre-sale access and a free trinket, wow!). I'm glad people who chose to sign up are happy with their membership perks but recognise that not everyone wants to/can afford the membership fee every year. The band/management know full well the tickets for this tour, especially the Dublin date, will be in huge demand and this is an obvious ploy to squeeze as much money out of anxious fans as possible.

well I don't dispute the fact that U2 Inc. are a shower of greedy c-unts.

Wish I could thank rubadub's post three times :D spot on, well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks,

I've a few friends who really want to go see this and thinking I'll go along for the journey too. We need 4 tickets between us and just wondering is it possible to get pitch standing tickets on the U2 website presale if we pay $50? Between 4 people it's not so bad to guarantee tickets and not have to sit at our laptop and phones Monday morning and end up disappointed.

Any feedback would be great!

LOL, you must be trolling, your screenshot proves exactly what I said and completely disproves your earlier comment.
    either that or you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about at this stage.

tickets and u2.com subscriptions are onsale, and many people have bought them and now have tickets and u2.com subscriptions. it's pretty simple really.
    Why did they buy that package?

well I don't dispute the fact that U2 Inc. are a shower of greedy c-unts.

Arguing over whether subscription = pre-sale is kinda pointless then because you know full well everyone who paid for it this morning only did so for the pre-sale, so it may as well be the same thing :P

rubadub wrote: »
    couldn't be more wrong? jaysus this argument over semantics is really dragging on.

I imagine if you rang/emailed/tweeted ticketmaster and asked "can I buy a ticket with presale" or "can I pay for the presale" I bet they would say yes, and tell you how to select the appropriate one, I certainly doubt they would just say NO and leave it at that. They might well mention the subscription but I doubt they would get all pedantic saying "no, absolutely no way you can pay for presale, not on your life, you literally could not be any more wrong. But you might be interested to know you can buy a ticket with a u2 subcription which then gives you presale code, but the answer to your question is 100% NO"
    they would say you can buy a ticket if you buy a u2.com subscription.

which you can, and as proven, many people on here did exactly that and are perfectly happy with that choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomahawk777

Has anyone got a standing ticket in say the last hour?

Why did they buy that package?
    for the vast majority, so that they could buy a ticket today presumably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I've a few friends who really want to go see this and thinking I'll go along for the journey too. We need 4 tickets between us and just wondering is it possible to get pitch standing tickets on the U2 website presale if we pay $50? Between 4 people it's not so bad to guarantee tickets and not have to sit at our laptop and phones Monday morning and end up disappointed.

Any feedback would be great!

Tickets left but, no standing seems available

Advertisement