Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I've a few friends who really want to go see this and thinking I'll go along for the journey too. We need 4 tickets between us and just wondering is it possible to get pitch standing tickets on the U2 website presale if we pay $50? Between 4 people it's not so bad to guarantee tickets and not have to sit at our laptop and phones Monday morning and end up disappointed.

Any feedback would be great!

Currently you can try find tickets in TM and then pay for the subscription at check out so you may as well try your hand at that rather than pay upfront because there doesn't seem to be any pitch tickets left (but who knows they may release more later!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

for the vast majority, so that they could buy a ticket today presumably.

Exactly my point!! Not vast, 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Tickets left but, no standing seems available

Oh no, is there any way to find out before paying the $50? Does the $50 also allow access to presales in Barcelon, Berlin, Italy etc?

What would I need to do to find out if it's possible to buy standing at this stage would anyone have any idea please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomahawk777

Trying since about 9.30 for standing, no luck yet I'm afraid. I think even The Bots is getting fed up, I've seeing every road sign and house number they can throw at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

It seems that everyone who had a presale code got tickets over the last 2 days so be happy because come Monday you'll will see alot of people complaining that at 9:03 tickets where gone

• Advertisement

Currently you can try find tickets in TM and then pay for the subscription at check out so you may as well try your hand at that rather than pay upfront because there doesn't seem to be any pitch tickets left (but who knows they may release more later!)

Thanks a lot. I'm on TM now but looks like no tickets available with the $50 sub at all anymore.

If I come back later or tomorrow or over the weekend, is there a chance there might be some more put on sale I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Exactly my point!! Not vast, 100%

that wasn't your point at all:
    Seve OB wrote: »
    No, I paid extra to access presale as advertised all over U2.com and ticketmaster
    Sorry but you are wrong there pal. You paid to join the fan club. You get lots of perks when you are in the fan club with special access on their website, discounted merchandise, exclusive content, a free gift and an opportunity to join the presale of tickets.
    you paid "extra" for a u2.com subscription.

you got it, and all the perks involved, which include access to be able to purchase tickets before general sale.

people can still do it now for the tickets available, it's right there in the screenshot you posted.

Oh no, is there any way to find out before paying the $50? Does the $50 also allow access to presales in Barcelon, Berlin, Italy etc?

What would I need to do to find out if it's possible to buy standing at this stage would anyone have any idea please?

As I said you can search on TM now and if you find standing you can go click pay and pay for the tickets and subscription at checkout, rather than paying for a subscription up front that may be no use to you. Likelihood of getting 4x standing is probably slim though so be prepared to try your luck on Monday!

Jesus just read rubadubs reply will you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

No standing left for Dublin in this pre sale. Could be for other dates

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, sorry, didn't see all replies before posting!

Will keep the tab open on the page over the weekend and try it every now and then and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks a lot. I'm on TM now but looks like no tickets available with the $50 sub at all anymore.

If I come back later or tomorrow or over the weekend, is there a chance there might be some more put on sale I wonder?

Pre-sale finishes tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

keep trying every now n again....you would be surprised, once you enter your code and search for tickets then, i kept trying eventually got,
    not great tickets but at least im in the stadium lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Will keep the tab open on the page over the weekend and try it every now and then and hope for the best!

The presale runs out tomorrow morning.

Cormie, people appear to be saying that limited tickets were available throughout today, it seems like they are being released in 1-2s, theres a chance they are all gone.

If i was you i would go onto the u2 ticketmaster page, select the added subscription and tick 2 tickets for tick pitch 1 and tick pitch 2, you wont have to pay for the subscription until you have the tickets, just keep asking for tickets

At that point, buy the 2 and hope they release more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I tried for Dublin at 9am and no luck - searched did pull up two for Pitch 1 but I cancelled and tried again. No luck. Tried then at around 10:30 and tried for two x Pitch 2 - no luck. Tried one x Pitch 2 then managed to secure it. Tried again for about 10 mins and managed to get another Pitch 2. Keep trying over the course of the day.

Amsterdam was pretty much the same - I picked some standing tickets at around 11:30 after trying all morning and being told there were none available.

Thanks so much everyone, so I'll keep trying 1 for best available I think?? Best available searches all, right?

I'll just keep searching for 1 though and then hopefully get 1 at a time for standing :o

EDIT: Just tried for 1 and got one for hogan stand at 110eur, but it's essential were all together so not going to take it and will keep hoping for pitch or 4 together I guess

I'd say keep on trying hourly cormie. Maybe tomorrow morning will see more added 2. But nobody can guess on what way TM do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Thanks so much everyone, so I'll keep trying 1 for best available I think?? Best available searches all, right?

I'll just keep searching for 1 though and then hopefully get 1 at a time for standing :o

EDIT: Just tried for 1 and got one for hogan stand at 110eur, but it's essential were all together so not going to take it and will keep hoping for pitch or 4 together I guess

Dont go for best available, go for the 2 pitch standing options

Thanks, but now I'm just htinking, if I get 1 pitch standing at a time, do I need to pay the $50 each time, or can I use the same code for each and pay $50 total?

You can use the code for 4 tickets. Doesn't matter if they're bought separately.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, I assume you get the code emailed after buying ticket #1? :)

Thanks so much for the help everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Did anyone out there manage to get a Red Zone or Gold/Silver ticket in the presale? That's what we were going for as a huge treat but no sign of them at all. I know one helpful Boardsie saw on Twitter that people managed to access them without a presale but just wondering if anyone did see them as an option today or if they're being held back for Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Veloce wrote: »
    Jeez. Is anyone looking forward to going to the concert here?!!
    U2 Inc. make it increasingly difficult. I organised my 4 month J1 trip to America quicker than this fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The argument, "you're actually paying for membership to the website and the little perks that go with it" is pretty disingenuous really. The fact is that presale access is by far the most attractive thing about the subscription and everyone knows, especially the event organisers, that people will sign up just for this. The fact is also that ticketmaster are plugging the subscription this week, too, as a way of getting a ticket. If it were anything other than a money racket, the presale would not operate in this way and would have only been accessible to people who are long-time subscribers. Also, the idea that people who subscribe to U2's website are the "biggest" fans is also harsh, too. Many people are not interested in the online thing of having a U2 email address,etc. (particularly older people who make up a big portion of the fan base). People who do not pay subscriptions are not necessarily lesser fans and maybe people who do pay it are just people who are "part-time" fans who dont have any money issues. Plus ,many hard core fans may simply not be able to afford a subscription. If the subscription were truly to favour the most dedicated fans, why not make it a bit cheaper? These fans already spend lots on U2. Or why not, for example, include a collectors ticket to all subscribers instead of trying to milk another few euro out of them. There are surely many ways to make the subscription a bit more affordable or a bit more worthwhile. The organisers are clearly just looking for ways to bleed people dry at every turn. Yes, people could choose to not subscribe and wait for the mayhem of Monday but this doesn't justify the money racket that the presale is. There has been a lack of clarity regarding the gig (e.g. possibility of a second night? pitch and seating arrangements, etc.) that has driven people to think "i better pay the sub fee" just to be sure, or else I might be left with nothing.
    That's me tuppence worth - hope everyone enjoys the music on the day once the panic is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Really fail to understand the benefit of splitting the standing into two with the same price for both tickets. Properly Irish **** there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Wooderson wrote: »
    Really fail to understand the benefit of splitting the standing into two with the same price for both tickets. Properly Irish **** there.

I would guess it is for access and exit crowd control.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I would guess it is for access and exit crowd control.

Could they not just split it down the middle of the pitch ,or would that be too logical for them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The amount of bile on this thread is absurd. Please attempt to keep it civil.

Bans, infractions, etc. await.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will that u2 brother lunatic be at the Dublin shows ???

Watching the Paris DVD from the I&E tour the bit where all the mega fans were brought on stage was a bit embarrassing. The guy for city of blinding lights was creepy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will that u2 brother lunatic be at the Dublin shows ???

Watching the Paris DVD from the I&E tour the bit where all the mega fans were brought on stage was a bit embarrassing. The guy for city of blinding lights was creepy

It needs to have an Irish crowd. It kills the atmosphere

Ain't been one since the Vertigo tour, as much as I loved the Point Depot gigs

Advertisement