Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Mr Teeny wrote: »
    Did anyone out there manage to get a Red Zone or Gold/Silver ticket in the presale? That's what we were going for as a huge treat but no sign of them at all. I know one helpful Boardsie saw on Twitter that people managed to access them without a presale but just wondering if anyone did see them as an option today or if they're being held back for Monday?

Folks if anyone managed to get 4 standing tickets and prefers seating, I have a chance to get some mystery seats through a contact, but there's additional charges:

"PL1 - €186.00 + €25.00 LN Tour charge + €2.50 credit card charge = €213.50

PL2 - €110.00 + €20.00 LN Tour charge + €2.50 credit card charge = €132.50"

The contact doesn't even know for sure what PL1 and PL2 are, but they suspect the expensive tickets are possibly lower Cusack & lower Hogan.

So I could arrange to buy these and you pay the difference between what you paid for the standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will that u2 brother lunatic be at the Dublin shows ???

Watching the Paris DVD from the I&E tour the bit where all the mega fans were brought on stage was a bit embarrassing. The guy for city of blinding lights was creepy

Bono brought some teenager on stage in Scotland which I'm still trying to work out the purpose for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cormie wrote: »
    Folks if anyone managed to get 4 standing tickets and prefers seating, I have a chance to get some mystery seats through a contact, but there's additional charges:

"PL1 - €186.00 + €25.00 LN Tour charge + €2.50 credit card charge = €213.50

PL2 - €110.00 + €20.00 LN Tour charge + €2.50 credit card charge = €132.50"

The contact doesn't even know for sure what PL1 and PL2 are, but they suspect the expensive tickets are possibly lower Cusack & lower Hogan.

So I could arrange to buy these and you pay the difference between what you paid for the standing.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

I got 2 tickets + subscription. Where can i find the code in order to get two more tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

from what i gather from sentiment on this forum You would want to be paying extra to swap for pitch tickets.

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    LOL

I know :( Usually able to guarantee tickets with this contact for their shows in Ireland, but Live Nation have put down some strict rules this time and they don't even reveal what seats they are.

from what i gather from sentiment on this forum You would want to be paying extra to swap for pitch tickets.

Oh :o I thought guarantee of 4 seated together would be tricky. Worth putting it out there anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will that u2 brother lunatic be at the Dublin shows ???

Watching the Paris DVD from the I&E tour the bit where all the mega fans were brought on stage was a bit embarrassing. The guy for city of blinding lights was creepy

All the fans brought in stage in Paris had been on stage previously during the tour, some more than once. They then ran what amounted to a popularity contest on the website to decide who would be brought to Paris. It actually proved quite devisive with one person that I know of being banned for comments about the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cormie wrote: »
    I know :( Usually able to guarantee tickets with this contact for their shows in Ireland, but Live Nation have put down some strict rules this time and they don't even reveal what seats they are.

i'd imagine PL refers to Premium Level, 1 is probably closer to the stage (so Hogan/Cusack as you say), 2 is perhaps premium in the Davin?

I was thinking pitch level.

Anyway, scrap the above idea. I've been told they can't be swapped as they'll have my contacts name on them so it's either me and my buds go or nobody with this option!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Could they not just split it down the middle of the pitch ,or would that be too logical for them ?

I guess cutting it across the pitch will also stop potential surging from back to front?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Can you imagine they just sang every song from Achtung Baby and the Joshua Tree, that would be perfection in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

will the pitch be something like 360 ot will it be split further back.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Its a bit like valuing Irish properties back in the good ol' days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

starWave wrote: »
    Red zone is not really a gold circle in the traditional sense. For the last few tours, the red zone was worse than general admission, but with outrageous prices. Nobody would complain because its not a desirable place to view the concert from, only that you feel good for funding that Red campaign.

Is this really true??? :eek: :confused: I got Red Zone tickets yesterday and am beyond excited about it. I am a long time U2 fan but I've never been that close to the stage before. Can you please expand on why this is "not a desirable place to view the concert from"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

lazer.blue wrote: »
    All the fans brought in stage in Paris had been on stage previously during the tour, some more than once. They then ran what amounted to a popularity contest on the website to decide who would be brought to Paris. It actually proved quite devisive with one person that I know of being banned for comments about the process.

ah yeah I remember that. It was actually quite desperate I thought. Quite a few people in the GA que with their sole reason being trying to get up on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Is this really true??? :eek: :confused: I got Red Zone tickets yesterday and am beyond excited about it. I am a long time U2 fan but I've never been that close to the stage before. Can you please expand on why this is "not a desirable place to view the concert from"?

Its fine on this tour, but on the last tour, the red zone was behind the general admission standing (in Belfast and Dublin at least), and cost a lot extra. I could be wrong, but I didn't find it attractive.

Can I ask, why you bought redzone yesterday? As far as I'm aware there was plenty of Pitch 2 tickets yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

For I+E the red zones were to the side of the stage and I have to say disappointing. When tickets went on sale the plans had indicated they would be more central. The location of the red zone looks better this time but then it could change

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Veloce wrote: »
    lazer.blue wrote: »
    All the fans brought in stage in Paris had been on stage previously during the tour, some more than once. They then ran what amounted to a popularity contest on the website to decide who would be brought to Paris.  It actually proved quite devisive with one person that I know of being banned for comments about the process.

ah yeah I remember that. It was actually quite desperate I thought. Quite a few people in the GA que with their sole reason being trying to get up on stage.
    There's a lot of that alright. It is quite desperate and sad alright and it gets to the point that some of the "keener" punters are going to multiple gigs, queuing all day and going to the front row in the hope of getting pulled up.
    Beats me why they bother but to each their own. I guy I know from home does this albeit he would have no intention of going on stage but it becomes a "thing" for them. They all know each others, are texting about where the best position is, etc. Why bother...?
    What also rankled with some on the I&E tour in Europe was that so many who were pulled up seemed to be from Canada or the US or Mexico, which led to a lot of eye-rolling about why no "locals" were ever up.
    I guess because they had more sense and had other things to be doing in the lead-up to the show whereas these uber-fans were on holidays and had all day to kill but I can sorta understand the annoyance and the sense that there would have been a far better buzz if, say, a Scot had been the "lucky one" in Glasgow or whatever....

mrk75 wrote: »
    There's a lot of that alright. It is quite desperate and sad alright and it gets to the point that some of the "keener" punters are going to multiple gigs, queuing all day and going to the front row in the hope of getting pulled up.
    Beats me why they bother but to each their own. I guy I know from home does this albeit he would have no intention of going on stage but it becomes a "thing" for them. They all know each others, are texting about where the best position is, etc. Why bother...?
    What also rankled with some on the I&E tour in Europe was that so many who were pulled up seemed to be from Canada or the US or Mexico, which led to a lot of eye-rolling about why no "locals" were ever up.
    I guess because they had more sense and had other things to be doing in the lead-up to the show whereas these uber-fans were on holidays and had all day to kill but I can sorta understand the annoyance and the sense that there would have been a far better buzz if, say, a Scot had been the "lucky one" in Glasgow or whatever....
    I remember at the 360 gig I was in the pit with my friends and at one point Bono asked people to put their hands up to show where they were from and there were very few hands up around us when he asked who was from Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I remember at the 360 gig I was in the pit with my friends and at one point Bono asked people to put their hands up to show where they were from and there were very few hands up around us when he asked who was from Ireland!

It is weird alright. Was it always that way or just since you could buy online? In some ways I think it helps to create an atmosphere around the city. I always feel that Dublin when U2 are playing a big gig is a bit like an international All Ireland day, as in loads of foreigners about the place instead of culchies! The pubs are always full and U2 blairing out of most places...creates a rly good vibe...for a U2 fan anyway! Which makes it more the pity that they dont play outside Dublin anymore.

The sycophant fans can be a bit annoying alright. Wasnt their some controversy during the Elevation tour when the band got tired of playing to the same langers each night and got a bunch of normal people pushed to the front? Ive seen the same sort of ppl following Springsteen, usually Americans, Canadians and the odd Brit, hoping to get brought up during Dancing in the Dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

starWave wrote: »
    Can I ask, why you bought redzone yesterday? As far as I'm aware there was plenty of Pitch 2 tickets yesterday.

I usually go for seated tickets as I would be nervous of the crush at the front of general admission standing but I wouldn't enjoy standing down the back either. I thought the Red Zone would be the perfect solution as it's so close to the stage and there will be far fewer people in it than pitch 2. I know it'll still be full but I'll be happy standing at the back of that area when it's so close to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I got a Red Zone ticket in 2009 at croke park. For the 360 tour. It was at the front and to the side. Excellent location.

Mind you it cost around 140 I think so there is some difference in price for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Seve OB wrote: »
    nope, there was no increase in the membership fees.

I renewed last August at todays rates

I only renewed on Sunday,out at end of the month

Your U2.com subscription finishes in 30 days.

Re-subscribe today and pay $40 instead of $50 and we'll send you The U2ieTour Serigraph Collection - a beautiful set of high quality silkscreen prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

psychozeb wrote: »
    I only renewed on Sunday,out at end of the month

Your U2.com subscription finishes in 30 days.

Re-subscribe today and pay $40 instead of $50 and we'll send you The U2ieTour Serigraph Collection - a beautiful set of high quality silkscreen prints.

If you subscribe before your previous subscription expires they only charge $40 instead of $50 for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Veloce wrote: »

Having seen how small pitch 2 is I am actually glad I went for pitch 1.
    As others have said it's likely that the majority of the pitch 2 tickets were put on sale yesterday for the Red Hill group.Very few pitch 2 tix were on sale for the Wires group today I'd say.
    I will try for two more pitch 1 tickets on Monday even though I have two already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Interestingly enough it seems almost all the tickets in the presales for the US gigs are credit card entry ,seats and general admission.
    I'm not sure if this will be the case for the general sale but its a good method to counter the scalpers and scumbag sites like Seatwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Sadly no mention of it for Dublin. 8 tickets, scalpers paradise!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sadly no mention of it for Dublin. 8 tickets, scalpers paradise!

Wow

8x €192.85 level 1 price tickets= €1542.80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Interestingly enough it seems almost all the tickets in the presales for the US gigs are credit card entry ,seats and general admission.
    I'm not sure if this will be the case for the general sale but its a good method to counter the scalpers and scumbag sites like Seatwave.

Currently 571 tickets on Seatwave and at least 600 on viagogo and that's before the residents sales and general sale.
    Why would someone buy 2 Pitch 1 tickets for €225 plus charges before they go on general sale? :confused:

Advertisement