Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ticketmaster will withhold a couple of thousand tickets and redirect them to seatwave. Don't for one second think they are being resold on behalf of "fans".

Take a look...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlnL8drSdw

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

poundhound wrote: »
    Ticketmaster will withhold a couple of thousand tickets and redirect them to seatwave. Don't for one second think they are being resold on behalf of "fans".

Take a look...

Fans must buy these tickets for those ridiculous prices as you dont see many empty seats at the shows or unless the touts/ticket owners panic and end up selling the tickets for face value or lower ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Why would someone buy 2 Pitch 1 tickets for €225 plus charges before they go on general sale? :confused:

I suspect that alot of these buyers dont realise that they are buying off a resale site.

If you look at the Viagogo site ,its very vague as to it being a secondary site.
    It also seems to have a load of crap on it like 125,000 people are looking at U2 tickets now ,You are next in the queue to buy these tickets, 79 people have entered the queue ,Tickets for this event are selling fast.
    Complete shysters.
    Nowhere does it seem to display the face value of the ticket either ,which is highly illegal .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

poundhound wrote: »

Take a look...

Wow, we all know it, but that just proves it. Horrendous isn't the word..... there are no words :(

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Do ye thing that more new tickets will become available in the presales tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Do ye thing that more new tickets will become available in the presales tomorrow?

Depends on how many seatwave take!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Still no luck here finding any pitch standing tickets in the +50 u2 site sub option on ticketmaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

cormie wrote: »
    Still no luck here finding any pitch standing tickets in the +50 u2 site sub option on ticketmaster :(

You'll have to wait for the general sale on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Just saw this on twitter - a guide to the GA que.

Do they really take it this so seriously? Like for the I+E tour there was really no point being right up by the stage- you couldn't see the screen from there.

http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

SteM wrote: »
    You'll have to wait for the general sale on Monday morning.

Not looking forward to that I tells ya. I think all 4 of us will have to be on our laptops and phones and even then it's a slim chance to get them ;(

• Advertisement

Veloce wrote: »
    Just saw this on twitter - a guide to the GA que.

Do they really take it this so seriously? Like for the I+E tour there was really no point being right up by the stage- you couldn't see the screen from there.

http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/

You've no idea. Best not look too close as it's a very dark hole. Super super obsessed. Like stalker level.

You've no idea. Best not look too close as it's a very dark hole. Super super obsessed. Like stalker level.

I imagine these are the same guys and gals that pick spots at certain points on the stage in the hope that they will be brought up on stage?

I'll be staying well away from then in Pitch 2 in Croker and in GA Amsterdam!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Some can get quite aggressive in defence of 'their' space which is ironic given the 'message' of U2!

I imagine these are the same guys and gals that pick spots at certain points on the stage in the hope that they will be brought up on stage?

I'll be staying well away from then in Pitch 2 in Croker and in GA Amsterdam!

Yup that's them. It's scary. Best keep well back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Taking it upon themselves to manage the line :D

He didn't mention what happened when they were told to come back at 6am and other people had queued since 4am. Did they demand to be allowed skip to the front? :rolleyes:

They take regular ol' fandom and turn it into a creepy cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I have a sister-in-law in America who has stalked the Who all over the 50 States for years now.
    She is one scary girl.

I never know how these people afford to travel to all these concerts. Or how they even have the energy for the gig after queuing from 6am!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Still no €39.05 tickets available, and the €76 seated tickets are at the lower levels.:angry:

I was at the Tuesday Dublin gig for the I&E tour. I had arranged to meet some friends beforehand in the Gibson hotel for a few pints before heading in to the gig - I got there a bit early so I went in to Starbucks to grab a coffee. In there were people from the GA que - charging phones and using the toilets. I overheard one girl saying to another that she had tickets for all 4 concerts and that she was going to stand at the 'experience' part of the stage in the hopes that she would get brought up by Bono. She even had a hand written sign. I just could not understand why you would go and stand in the same spot for 4 nights - and probably do it again in other cities!

• Advertisement

Careful, they could be reading.... :D I use atU2 forums sometimes and they came on there blasting people for questioning their methods and intentions. I even got an angry IM from that mirrorball dude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I'd be all on for following U2 if they mixed up the setlist. The obsessiveness for me would be derived from a show that is less predictable. Since, I dunno, ZooTV?, the band have been a small step from a travelling Cirque du Soleil type act. Shine Like Stars and its appearance or non-appearance can make or break a gig for some of the proper tourheads. Madness. And I say this as someone who was at Dublin/London/Glasgow in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Wooderson wrote: »
    I'd be all on for following U2 if they mixed up the setlist. The obsessiveness for me would be derived from a show that is less predictable. Since, I dunno, ZooTV?, the band have been a small step from a travelling Cirque du Soleil type act.

I've often wondered about this. I'd imagine if there are visuals queued up to run at certain points during a show then it's hard to deviate from the format too much. Must make very show practically the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Wooderson wrote: »
    Shine Like Stars and its appearance or non-appearance can make or break a gig.....

Oh yea.......

SteM wrote: »
    I've often wondered about this. I'd imagine if there are visuals queued up to run at certain points during a show then it's hard to deviate from the format too much. Must make very show practically the same.

For I+E tour it was a very set format. The only real highlights for me were the rotation tracks (second/third song played after the Miracle) - it would be Out of Control, Electric Co or Gloria. (Gloria was fan-f**kingtastic!!!!)

Some of the US gigs were very lucky to get the likes of Lucifers Hands and Crystal Ballroom.

We got a nice surprise when New Years Day was played in London - the crowd actually went ballistic..

Question time.

What is your favourite song from the Joshua Tree album?

You can only pick one track.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Question time.

Album: With or Without You
    Live: Where the Streets Have No Name (Edges WoWY, but only just)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Question time.

Near impossible to pick but I'd have to for for running to stand still. Closely followed by one tree hill for what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Question time.

One Tree Hill...cant wait to hear it live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

U2 are a strange group whereby IMO they rely upon the crowd and venue to "make" a show special. Theyre not that inherently dynamic a band anymore, given the restrictions they place upon themselves with the content of their live show. Having seen them play 3 diff venues in a month this became painfully clear. Whilst it will be a real treat to hear them play the second half of the Joshua Tree live next summer, I feel that it could be even more restrictive. Theyve an incredible canon of material, the concerns about Bono's vocal ability are utter nonsense and their audience are as ready as any to see them take more risks. But they won't. <Trump> So sad! </Trump>

Advertisement