Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Stuck Rattle & Hum on this morning. It's pretty much the Joshua Tree album on tour so would be great to have some stuff like Silver & Gold played on this tour, or bring BB back on the big screen to play When Love Comes to Town. Better still, a gospel choir on stage to sing ISHFWILF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

One Tree Hill I think edges it as favourite song. Really nice(but sad) story behind it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I want less gimmicks. Less "snippets". Let the band re-connect with their songbook again FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jeanie101

Just bagged two tickets now for Hogan Stand Lower Tier 329 Row F yepeeeeee.... Please don't rain on my parade and tell me they are crap seats. I know I probably need binoculars but what the hell. How are the seats numbered there. Is seat 1 and so on closer to the stage or futher?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

I really hope they scrap the songs they sang from Songs of Innocence, i didn't enjoy any of them live to be honest and the screen where he was walking down Cedarwood road was cringe. Just a simple stage and 24 of their best songs.......including an appearance of Acrobat and The Unforgettable Fire(brilliant during the 360 tour)

• Advertisement

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Near impossible to pick but I'd have to for for running to stand still. Closely followed by one tree hill for what it's about.

agree with all aspects of this sentence

Wooderson wrote: »
    I want less gimmicks. Less "snippets". Let the band re-connect with their songbook again FFS.

That was the thing about the last tour. Fantastic spectacle but very very set in stone. Zero room for randomness or unexpected surprises. Hopefully this tour is more about the music. Just wanna have a party for 2+ hours.

That was the thing about the last tour. Fantastic spectacle but very very set in stone. Zero room for randomness or unexpected surprises. Hopefully this tour is more about the music. Just wanna have a party for 2+ hours.

For what it was I -really- enjoyed it however. Was lucky to catch them on a perfect night in Glasgow where they made mincemeat of the place. i+e much better tour / more fun than the 360 shows IMO.

Oh great Ocean,
    Oh great Sea,
    Run to the Ocean,
    Run to the Sea.

What song is this from? I figure most of you will say "One Tree Hill". But on my CD, it is played as the beginning of "Exit" can you check your own CD's out and see if they are the same, or have I got an unusual version?

Yup I saw it in Amsterdam and it was fantastic. 2nd time round in Dublin though, wasn't so good.

I just want this to be a proper gig, a few bells and whistles but rocking out and 80,000+ singing along celebrating a fantastic album and band. The new songs(as much as I loved SOI)went down like a lead balloon live.

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    What song is this from? I figure most of you will say "One Tree Hill". But on my CD, it is played as the beginning of "Exit" can you check your own CD's out and see if they are the same, or have I got an unusual version?

I always thought one tree hill, and Spotify agrees. Not sure, maybe you are sitting on a windfall there mr super fan high and mighty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

jeanie101 wrote: »
    Just bagged two tickets now for Hogan Stand Lower Tier 329 Row F yepeeeeee.... Please don't rain on my parade and tell me they are crap seats. I know I probably need binoculars but what the hell. How are the seats numbered there. Is seat 1 and so on closer to the stage or futher?
    Fair play! You'll be the Davin side of the half way line. Not sure is seat 1 nearer to 328 or 330. Have a look here for further info https://crokepark.ie/stadiumplan2/index.html although it doesn't seem to show seat details it does have a Photo View.

Were you offered €39.05 Upper Level tickets during your searches?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Yup I saw it in Amsterdam and it was fantastic. 2nd time round in Dublin though, wasn't so good.

I just want this to be a proper gig, a few bells and whistles but rocking out and 80,000+ singing along celebrating a fantastic album and band. The new songs(as much as I loved SOI)went down like a lead balloon live.

Yep and i'm sure the new album was along the same lines and they had a good discussion to scrap it and someone said "its the 30th anniversary of the joshua tree this year" PERFECT

Invisible and Song for Someone both fell over, yes. The rest of the newies I really enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Disagree.

Raised By Wolves, Miracle and EBW were great

I always thought one tree hill, and Spotify agrees. Not sure, maybe you are sitting on a windfall there mr super fan high and mighty ;)

Yea maybe my CD is so rare it is worth a small fortune :D

If I manage to sell it for a ridiculous sum I'll buy you a life membership to U2.com, tickets to Pitch 2 and we'll have a few pints together singing U2 songs into the wee hours ;)

^ I loved them. The majority of people in the shows I was at didn't though. Audience lost interest.

Yea maybe my CD is so rare it is worth a small fortune :D

If I manage to sell it for a ridiculous sum I'll buy you a life membership to U2.com, tickets to Pitch 2 and we'll have a few pints together singing U2 songs into the wee hours ;)

Haha!! Deal :D It's 100% part of One Tree Hill though.

Invisible .................fell over, yes.

As Jimmy Rabbitte Snr would say, "that's fock'in blasphemy"

Hey Benbecul97, no I just put in best available and it only gave me those tickets. Gave me no other options

• Advertisement

If anyone is interested in tickets its shooting up tickets for Hogan Stand LOWER TIER 308 area

Haha!! Deal :D It's 100% part of One Tree Hill though.

Yea, I remember years ago I always thought it was part of Exit. It kinda stands alone, but does make more sense that it is part of One Tree Hill than Exit.

I can't find any reference to it being on Exit other than this. One guy reckons the first prints of the CD had a cutting error. But would be interesting if I could find something official on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thats because its a terrible album. Sounds like any other radio friendly sh1te act. I was embarrassed for them. Worst album they've ever made, by a mile. Mortifying. 
    Didn't go to the last tour granted but from the clips I saw the new stuff looked even worse live. Despite the great visuals, you can't polish a turd.

They sing it live with OTH as well, it's definitely part of that song :D

As Jimmy Rabbitte Snr would say, "that's fock'in blasphemy"

Didnt / doesnt do it for me mate. That this made the setlist every night is a bit mad.

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats because its a terrible album. Sounds like any other radio friendly sh1te act. I was embarrassed for them. Worst album they've ever made, by a mile. Mortifying.

Fair enough. I think the songs are really strong.
    Didn't go to the last tour granted

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

The Nal wrote:
    Thats because its a terrible album. Sounds like any other radio friendly sh1te act. I was embarrassed for them. Worst album they've ever made, by a mile. Mortifying. Didn't go to the last tour granted but from the clips I saw the new stuff looked even worse live. Despite the great visuals, you can't polish a turd.

Oh just go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fair enough. I think the songs are really strong.
    Didn't go to the last tour granted

LOL
    This is cringing. A  Coldplay B Side. Poor Joey is rolling in his grave. 

South American shows in '11 got Kiss Me Kill Me and it looked/sounded impeccable. I wouldve started the 2nd half of the i+e shows with that. Invisible was way too low key for that bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ojvVAh9VU

• Advertisement

The Miracle, and Invisible, are very very dog average songs. I really hope neither get played live again.

Advertisement