Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seve OB wrote: »
    The Nal wrote: »
    No.

As for sticking to the style of music, thats the issue with U2. They're not doing that. They've chickened out of doing that in favour of appeasing one gig a decade fans and staying popular on the radio. Very bland. They're one of the Nandos or Starbucks of music.

fine, if you don't like them then don't buy their music and don't go to their shows.
    I didn't buy the last two albums and didn't go to any shows from the last tour. 

Encouraging words from Adam though. Hopefully the commercial and critical ass kicking they rightly took re: the last album will make them realise they need to challenge themselves a bit, make music for themselves, stop fúcking about with Apple and grow a pair. They're so much better than what we've seen recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Great, you didnt like it. We geddit. Maybe start a "U2 are awful" thread somewhere if thats all you fancy posting.

Very unusual for bands together for more than 30 or 40 years to make work that matches or comes close to their best work. I don't want the band to trade this in at all however. U2 are the only band in the world that want to be huge and relevant. Size and critical respect. I'll always find good and bad in their recorded output, but would love their live show to be more spontaneous and less dependent upon stage design.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Since Noel Gallagher is touring with U2, he should do a be here now tour for its 20th anniversary along with the Joshua Tree Tour. Seeing as everything is about nostalgia now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Is it correct to say that at every gig they will be playing the full JT album?

That is the impression I got... fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Veloce wrote: »

That is the impression I got... fingers crossed.

Thats what theyve said, indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Veloce wrote: »

They certainly will :D. See below copied from U2.com:

U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017
    Every song. Every show.

Will they have one filmed? Would it be Europe e.g. possibly Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

eldest200 wrote: »

They'll never film Dublin....

They'll never film Dublin....

I know this is audio but would this count https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOxnK61F-Uw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Managed to get 4 tickets through the sub option, thanks a lot for the advice, they aren't standing, but thinking that it might be very difficult to get 4 together for anyone who wants to sit (or anyone in general) so might be able to trade some how for 4 standing.

Low 319 QQ 25-28, €381.40

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

eldest200 wrote: »
    I'd imagine so. Any way of wringing a few more pounds/euro out of the exercise....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cormie wrote: »
    Managed to get 4 tickets through the sub option, thanks a lot for the advice, they aren't standing, but thinking that it might be very difficult to get 4 together for anyone who wants to sit (or anyone in general) so might be able to trade some how for 4 standing.

keep dreaming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

26th of July added for Paris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Wooderson wrote: »
    For what it was I -really- enjoyed it however. Was lucky to catch them on a perfect night in Glasgow where they made mincemeat of the place. i+e much better tour / more fun than the 360 shows IMO.

Was that the 2nd night in Glasgow. I was at both but that was one of their very best. Amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Exactly, you might be able to do a swap!:)
    Seve OB wrote: »
    keep dreaming :D

Not everyone wants to stand!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You could have bought tickets in block 703 earlier ,they are near the stage,were available for a few hours.

I'd never ever buy Davin stand tickets ,you will always pick up better seats /standing between now and July.
    Im sure you will have no bother moving them on though as its a Saturday night .

Thanks, it looks a fair distance from the stage alright, will try again Monday morning for standing and then try shift the 4 seats if possible, or if anyone prefers to sit then stand, let's swap :D

By the way, is pitch 2 going to be significantly better than pitch 1? Looks a lot closer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

By the way, is pitch 2 going to be significantly better than pitch 1? Looks a lot closer?

Based on the layout it will be just beyond the "pit". Based on 1 tweet there will be a divide. Beyond that, nobody even knows if there will be a divide for sure. It seems the TM "tweeter" was going completely off the layout image.

Thanks, it looks a fair distance from the stage alright, will try again Monday morning for standing and then try shift the 4 seats if possible, or if anyone prefers to sit then stand, let's swap :D

The Davin is fine, been in it before for a gig.

As per the map on TM, Pitch 2 will allow you to get nearer the stage, if you fancy trying. Pitch 1 and you will be behind the barrier on the pitch.

• Advertisement

Thanks again, will try anyway but not the end of the World if watching from Davin I guess, it's also 319 so bang in the middle and QQ, so maybe a little bit elevated for a good view :)

Maybe the Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 is just for traffic/crowd management and when you actually get in, it's all the one?

NCH have the right idea and put a photo of what the view will be like from every seat :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Thanks again, will try anyway but not the end of the World if watching from Davin I guess, it's also 319 so bang in the middle and QQ, so maybe a little bit elevated for a good view :)

So long as you bring your binoculars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    The Davin is fine, been in it before for a gig.

As per the map on TM, Pitch 2 will allow you to get nearer the stage, if you fancy trying. Pitch 1 and you will be behind the barrier on the pitch.

I wouldnt say its fine ,you will be at least 150 yards from the stage .
    That's a long way ,any other stadia on the tour and 150 yards from the stage you will be in the parking lot.

Was that the 2nd night in Glasgow. I was at both but that was one of their very best. Amazing gig.

Agreed. Hyperbole to one side that was a special gig.

So long as you bring your binoculars :D
    That's a long way ,any other stadia on the tour and 150 yards from the stage you will be in the parking lot.

:(

Ok, let's hope for standing on Monday so and these will be up for sale!

Now the ethical question, is full price including €50 sub not face value? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anonymous2017

Did anyone get a RZ ticket in the Wires group for Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Classic Albums on sky arts at 10pm tonight, its The Joshua tree, for those interested. :D

Have you been in it before for a gig?

Like I say, the Davin is fine, been in it before for a gig!:rolleyes:
    I would imagine there will be 2 giant screens either side of the stage so you wont miss anything. 21000 will be delighted on Monday morning when they have Davin tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

agreed was there both nights,2nd one was amazing.Was at Dublin4 but not a patch on Glasgow.

• Advertisement

psychozeb wrote: »
    agreed was there both nights,2nd one was amazing.Was at Dublin4 but not a patch on Glasgow.

What made it so special?

Advertisement