Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    What made it so special?

Everything,The crowd were going mad from the off and the band seemed to feed off it.Ask anyone at that gig and they'll tell you the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Have you been in it before for a gig?

Like I say, the Davin is fine, been in it before for a gig!:rolleyes:
    I would imagine there will be 2 giant screens either side of the stage so you wont miss anything. 21000 will be delighted on Monday morning when they have Davin tickets!

No I haven't,I wouldn't waste my money but I was at the front of the upper tier of the Cusack stand for 360 and the band were like ants in the distance .
    The Davin would be alot further away.

Ive been in the Davin for GAA matches and it's a struggle to see whats going on at the other end of the pitch .

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

psychozeb wrote: »
    Everything,The crowd were going mad from the off and the band seemed to feed off it.Ask anyone at that gig and they'll tell you the same.

I can agree with that too.That Glasgow show was one of the best U2 shows I was ever at out of 30 + shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I can agree with that too.That Glasgow show was one of the best U2 shows I was ever at out of 30 + shows.

Impossible to explain. Was just a great gig with some unexplainable magic thrown in. Great venue, great people great whiskey and most important great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

What made it so special?

- band were seriously up for it, Bono "sang" The Fly during the intermission
    - venue was just perfect for the staging of i+e
    - sound was utterly amazing
    - Sat night rowdy Scots mega up for it
    - Gloria
    - 15 min Bad+40 best I've heard
    - Their longest (?) show ever?
    - Their longest (?) setlist ever?

I was at the 30th Oct London show and night 2 in Dublin. Neither came close to the lightning in a bottle feeling in Glasgow.

• Advertisement

How did so many of you know to be at that show in particular? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

How did so many of you know to be at that show in particular? :P

Pure accident for me. Was on presale site for London tickets.got timed out clicked again. Bought tickets and then realised they were for glasgow not london. Best mistake i ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember those who suffer from 'Vertigo' should choose standing or lower level seats

Saw on the gig rumour thread that the Rolling Stones could be playing Croke Park on the 16th June (love to go to that but seeing GNR in London that day). This could be Aiken's CP show for 2017, I always thought u2 were Aiken ???

At the start of the week I said the Croke Park show would sell out straight away but I'm doubting it now with the way that the pre sales went ???

There were plenty of tickets available for the Red Hill group and wires group for the duration of the sales. Then on Thursday a batch of tickets bacisally went on general sale (catch was you have to pay a €50 u2.com subscription). The pre-sales are over now but I'd say anybody who had a code got tickets and people who really wanted them bought in the sale with the u2 com sub ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Have you been in it before for a gig?

Like I say, the Davin is fine, been in it before for a gig!:rolleyes:
    I would imagine there will be 2 giant screens either side of the stage so you wont miss anything. 21000 will be delighted on Monday morning when they have Davin tickets!

Canal end is crap for concerts. Was at the 05 gig. Canal were the only tickets we could get. There was about 20 foot of empty pitch between us and the standing. Zero atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Canal end is crap for concerts. Was at the 05 gig. Canal were the only tickets we could get. There was about 20 foot of empty pitch between us and the standing. Zero atmosphere.

I was in the canal end stand in 2005. Didn't notice the empty pitch space as I was too busy focussing on the best band in the world on stage. Enjoyed every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

PTH2009 wrote: »
    At the start of the week I said the Croke Park show would sell out straight away but I'm doubting it now with the way that the pre sales went ???

There were plenty of tickets available for the Red Hill group and wires group for the duration of the sales. Then on Thursday a batch of tickets bacisally went on general sale (catch was you have to pay a €50 u2.com subscription). The pre-sales are over now but I'd say anybody who had a code got tickets and people who really wanted them bought in the sale with the u2 com sub ?
    Overall I'd say the percentage of people aware of the pre sales might not have been that high. Most people I've talked to were really surprised when I explained the process to them. I have no doubt that Monday will be mad, even if they confirm a second date before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

the 8 ticket allowance almost guarantees an immediate sell out.

g0g wrote: »
    Overall I'd say the percentage of people aware of the pre sales might not have been that high. Most people I've talked to were really surprised when I explained the process to them. I have no doubt that Monday will be mad, even if they confirm a second date before then.

It would be a show to remember if they didnt announce a second date and just done the one show but money talks and it looks likely a second date will be added (Thurs 20, Fri 21st or Sun 23rd) unless Aiken have someone signed to take the 3rd Croke Park concert spot (and u2s management are aware of it ie denying a second u2 date is happening etc)
    the 8 ticket allowance almost guarantees an immediate sell out.

really stupid idea to allow 8 per person, touts will be delighted. Happy to have my ticket (justifys my u2.com subscription) hopefully the system wont crash on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

really stupid idea to allow 8 per person, touts will be delighted. Happy to have my ticket (justifys my u2.com subscription) hopefully the system wont crash on monday

It doesn't help the system that they are putting the London and Irish tickets on sale at the same time.
    9am on a Monday morning is a dreadful time to put tickets on sale as well .

Likewise the US dates will go on sale at the same time Tuesday despite the fact Ticketmaster's servers cannot handle such a load .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Surprised that article says the second gig would be on Sunday the 23rd. The gigs either side of Croke Park are Barcelona on Tuesday 18th July and Paris on Tuesday the 25th. Would it not be more likely that a second Croke Park gig would be on Friday the 21st? Dublin on the 23rd and Paris on the 25th seems like a very tight turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Surprised that article says the second gig would be on Sunday the 23rd. The gigs either side of Croke Park are Barcelona on Tuesday 18th July and Paris on Tuesday the 25th. Would it not be more likely that a second Croke Park gig would be on Friday the 21st? Dublin on the 23rd and Paris on the 25th seems like a very tight turnaround.
    They haven't a clue, complete guesswork

there info from a source (owl Jimmy on the bar stool last night more like it lol)

'A GAA source revealed how Croke Park is available for U2 on July 23.

The insider told the Irish Sun: “The All-Ireland hurling quarter finals are the only fixture that takes place around then but they are always held in Thurles.”

• Advertisement

I think most would agree that particular publication is clueless ;). Just wondering what the general feeling here is in regards to which is the most likely date for a second gig?

I think most would agree that particular publication is clueless ;). Just wondering what the general feeling here is in regards to which is the most likely date for a second gig?

I'd go with the Friday 21st or Thurs 20th (as bono will get a days rest)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

g0g wrote: »

Someone should of told this fella about the pre sales

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/u2-superfan-starts-threeday-camp-out-for-tickets-35367685.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

eeepaulo wrote: »

Proper old school that :D
    The days before mobile phones and internet in a que in the city centre freezing yourself to death to nab tickets or the midnight album release.....
    Always remember queing in north earl street golden discs for the midnight release of Rattle and Hum then spotting Adam Clayton taking it all in huddled in a doorway of Grafton street. Autographed The album for me so made a nice boost for the long walk home..

Love a movie similar to 'from the sky down' showing rehersal footage for the tour, old clips of the original tour etc

I wonder how many of the songs off the Joshua Tree will be modified for live performance/ too adapt to Bono's voice nowadays etc

This tour is going too be fun and a challenge for the band, if all the songs exactly sound like the originals on the tour than the band will be even more amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I wonder how many of the songs off the Joshua Tree will be modified for live performance/ too adapt to Bono's voice nowadays etc

If you search back through the thread, this was discussed a few days ago - one poster was very knowledgeable about the original keys and the keys he sings them in now..

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Yeah I think most of the songs have been dropped a key but they still sound great.

Yeah I can remember queueing up all night twice for tickets....fun memories but I'm glad I don't have to do it anymore!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

giddybootz wrote: »
    Yeah I think most of the songs have been dropped a key but they still sound great.

Yeah I can remember queueing up all night twice for tickets....fun memories but I'm glad I don't have to do it anymore!! :D

Streets is back in it's original key
    Bullet is still in it's original key
    Running is still in the original key
    WOWY is dropped a key to C#
    ISHFWILF has dropped 3 or 4 keys to Bb

No idea about the rest of them, as they haven't been played in 30 years but, can't see much of an issue with them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks, can anyone remember. If you're on ticketmaster at 08:58 and the countdown timer is 2 minutes say, do you need to refresh when it gets to 0, or does it automatically popup the options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cormie wrote: »
    Folks, can anyone remember. If you're on ticketmaster at 08:58 and the countdown timer is 2 minutes say, do you need to refresh when it gets to 0, or does it automatically popup the options?

you will need to completely your browser and then restart your pc :D

Advertisement