Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I got the option of buying tix several times.

However it was all Davin Rd end, decided to keep my money.

Update: just got a call from a mate who had a spare standing pitch 2 ticket with my name on it.
    That'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"A spokesman for Ticketmaster said the Seatwave prices are not set by the company but by the person who is selling the tickets on.

"The thing about Seatwave is that it is a safe and secure market so tickets would be genuine. The ticket prices are set by the seller, which in this instance is not Ticketmaster, but that price may not necessarily be secured by the seller.

"Ticketmaster is just facilitating the sale."

Shur isn't Ireland great....... shur they are only facilitating the sale.... (not to mention the sell on fees they make) *****.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

dulux99 wrote: »
    I know it's no secret that ticketmaster are a shower of c*nts but can anyone explain to me how it's legal for them to operate seat wave? On seat wave now you can purchase two standing seats for 460 quid. How is that legal?

It's the unauthorised selling of tickets thats against the law, Seatwave is authorised to resell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

greenspurs wrote: »
    "A spokesman for Ticketmaster said the Seatwave prices are not set by the company but by the person who is selling the tickets on.

"The thing about Seatwave is that it is a safe and secure market so tickets would be genuine. The ticket prices are set by the seller, which in this instance is not Ticketmaster, but that price may not necessarily be secured by the seller.

Shur isn't Ireland great....... shur they are only facilitating the sale.... (not to mention the sell on fees they make) *****.

The money was only resting in my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tickets for the July 22 Croke Park gig went on sale from 9am this morning but sold out in under six minutes.

U2 will also play Twickenham Stadium in London on July 8 as their only UK date of 2017 but tickets for that gig sold out in under four minutes.

Do they expect us to believe that they sold the bulk of 80k and 60k tickets in under 6 minutes ?
    Its impossible for the servers to handle that load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ticketmaster/Live Nation own Seatwave. It's basically all the one.

Yeah it really is a scam

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just searched single tickets out of curiosity. Upper tier seats available. Search anymore than one, and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

That indo article says there will be a second irish date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

God I hate Ticketmaster so much, a farce of the highest order. Had 3 browsers and phone app open from 8am and not a sniff of a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

there is hope guys
    I just had a look for the craic and got offered tickets 727 row b seat 25 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Seve OB wrote: »
    So how many store fronts, street signs & trees have you guys seen this morning :D

This is the worst part, how many times do we need to verify we're not bots :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

greenspurs wrote: »

I'm all against Seatwave and Ticketmaster, but I don't see what it's got to do with Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

A-Train wrote: »
    God I hate Ticketmaster so much, a farce of the highest order. Had 3 browsers and phone app open from 8am and not a sniff of a ticket.

I'm never convinced this works. I think making sure you are on the fastest internet connection possible helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Got offered a €110 ticket but needed 3 and nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'd like to know exactly how many are available to purchase this morning at 9am, for example Ian Dempsey giving away tickets pre 9 this morning. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭benny79

there is hope guys
    I just had a look for the craic and got offered tickets 727 row b seat 25 :D

Did you get tickets seve or had you them before they went on sale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That's fine but only let them sell them at face value then!

"The thing about Seatwave is that it is a safe and secure market so tickets would be genuine

For which they are charging both buyer and seller a fee of approx 18% and that's on top of the original fee paid.
    The ticket prices are set by the seller, which in this instance is not Ticketmaster, but that price may not necessarily be secured by the seller.

Again for a large fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm still in the queue for Amsterdam !
    What a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Seagouger a Ticketgouger company. They are the lowest of the low. They are facilitating touting!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

just wondering, how can these tickets be sold on seatwave? Does entry to the gig not require I.D. and the original credit card with the names of the buyers stated on the ticket (at least pitch ones)? Despicable carry on. Shoddy workmanship altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

vicwatson wrote: »
    I'd like to know exactly how many are available to purchase this morning at 9am, for example Ian Dempsey giving away tickets pre 9 this morning. Joke

If TM shifted 20K tickets this morning, I'd be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

jon1981 wrote: »
    Boom - 8 standing tickets in the bag! F**king living for this!
    What time did you complete that order?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

09e8c29011fa08eed8cfc675f1e6f9b1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ian Dempsey doesnt go onto TM and buy them! Certain allocation will always go to radios, competitions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Why bands use ticketmaster and allow fans be abused is beyond me

They have a monopoly, Pearl Jam boycotted them for a few years but were limited in the venues they could play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

benny79 wrote: »
    Did you get tickets seve or had you them before they went on sale :D

no I was just looking for the craic
    I have my tickets got since Wednesday..... thank fuxk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

just wondering, how can these tickets be sold on seatwave? Does entry to the gig not require I.D. and the original credit card with the names of the buyers stated on the ticket (at least pitch ones)? Despicable carry on. Shoddy workmanship altogether.

No it doesn't of course. When have you ever shown your id and bank card to get into a gig and if so how would people who have had tickets bought for them get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm all against Seatwave and Ticketmaster, but I don't see what it's got to do with Ireland?

The government can intervene and make rules that need to be followed, outlawing things like this. Sure it is a worldwide problem. That doesn't mean our government can't do something about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Barcelona puts name on the ticket. Can't be re-sold. It's probably the fairest way of doing it really. Does mean they are useless if you can't go though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭benny79

no I was just looking for the craic
    I have my tickets got since Wednesday..... thank fuxk :D

I know that! Its not what you know its who you know bast*rd :D

Advertisement