Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Surely a second gig would be announced by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'm also in queue for Amsterdam and Barcelona but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm SUCH a twit!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

WTF? I'm still in the queue. I selected 6 standing tickets for pitch 2 ages ago and it's still saying 'Searching......sit tight'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

murpho999 wrote: »
    No it doesn't of course. When have you ever shown your id and bank card to get into a gig and if so how would people who have had tickets bought for them get in?

Last time U2 played at the Point :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

greenspurs wrote: »
    "A spokesman for Ticketmaster said the Seatwave prices are not set by the company but by the person who is selling the tickets on.
    I would like to know how much someone would have to pay for say a standing ticket if the seller was to make zero profit on it. So they would be getting back 76+6.85=82.85

I see 18% listed for buyer & seller but thought there would be more charges slapped on, postage or just more random fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

8 tickets per transaction ,ffs ,what the hell were U2 thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

ImARebel wrote: »
    Barcelona puts name on the ticket. Can't be re-sold. It's probably the fairest way of doing it really. Does mean they are useless if you can't go though...

Spain are like that in general. It's fine if you can't go, you just get a copy of the seller's passport/credit card and a letter to prove they sold them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Alot of people need to remember these tickets have been on sale since last Wednesday.Plus anyone could buy them from last thursday

benny79 wrote: »
    I know that! Its not what you know its who you know bast*rd :D

Actually nothing to do with anyone I know. Just in the fan club so got pre-sale access

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

• Advertisement

8 tickets per transaction ,ffs ,what the hell were U2 thinking

They obviously weren't.

I'd love to see them asked about this, and live nation, ticketmaster, and seatwave. They need to take better care of their fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I've never had to do it as far as I can remember, but I've heard from others that this was being done as an anti-touting measure and had been done at the 3 Arena gigs (I was away at that time)..... So anyway, selling a pitch 2 for 850 euro if anyone interested (joooke!)

deeroy12 wrote: »
    Alot of people need to remember these tickets have been on sale since last Wednesday.Plus anyone could buy them from last thursday

That's true ,they must have sold the bulk of them in the presale.
    This has just popped up in my Amsterdam queue
    There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

so I had heard correct it seems! so, how can seatwave sell the tickets that ID is required for then? Maybe they wont be able to enforce this rule at Croke Park for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

So disappointed. Had signed in to TM at 8.40am, at 8.55 when i hit the search button i was placed into a virtual queue. Did the same on my phone. As soon as it brought up the find tickets page, i hit looking for 2 in lower cusack (on laptop) and 2 best available on my phone.
    Both came up with no tickets available after a few minutes.
    Spent another 15 minutes or so trying but no good. Gutted.

That's true ,they must have sold the bulk of them in the presale.
    This has just popped up in my Amsterdam queue

interesting

good thing is they seem to be giving a bit of advance notice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Not a sniff for me.

Worse than going to coppers on a Saturday night. Everyone looking for the same thing but only a few strike lucky

Seve OB wrote: »
    interesting

good thing is they seem to be giving a bit of advance notice

Yeah ,they can make more money this way flogging the fan club memberships.
    Such a cynical bunch .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    What time did you complete that order?

9:03 - I was in the virtual queue at 8:55am and sat on my hands so i would not refresh the browser. BTW I have a super fast internet connection in work and had a similar experience for Coldplay, I was in and out with tickets in the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Do you need to know the full names of every person for the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

If TM only facilitate the sales through Seatwave, surely they should have a rule where people can only re-sell tickets at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

The Nal wrote:
    I got in at 9.01, chose 8 Pitch 2 tickets, went through to pay. Easy.

The Nal wrote:
    Card on the TM account wasn't accepted as its a card thats recently been replaced after being stolen.

You shouldn't be too disappointed judging by your posts here over the last week..... all you did was slag off the band ..... ain't karma a bitch ðŸ˜â—

cathalj wrote: »
    You shouldn't be too disappointed judging by your posts here over the last week..... all you did was slag off the band ..... ain't karma a bitch ðŸ˜â—

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

marvin80 wrote: »
    If TM only facilitate the sales through Seatwave, surely they should have a rule where people can only re-sell tickets at face value.

of course, but then they woud not make crazy profit from the tout margin...

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

this is on the amsterdam site

There are still Platinum and Travel Packages tickets available for the current date. There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dulux99 wrote: »
    I know it's no secret that ticketmaster are a shower of c*nts but can anyone explain to me how it's legal for them to operate seat wave? On seat wave now you can purchase two standing seats for 460 quid. How is that legal?
    how is it not? it's the same as DoneDeal etc.
    if someone is stupid enough/desperate enough to pay hundreds for a ticket then there'll always be people willing to sell their tickets for huge amounts.

I remember for EP there was only a handful of tickets onsale and they sat there for weeks on end not selling as no-one seemed to be willing to pay €500+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

This bit would annoy me a little tbh.
    The fans got presale to the 1st gig, and you'd imagine that most would only go to one gig, so this is just another opportunity for touts to cream it.

Second dates generally went on sale pretty much straight away after a gig sold out, giving those that missed out a chance to pick a few tickets up.

This presale b0llox means there'll be another scrap for tickets come general release, if you don't relent and pay €50 to U2 to have access to a presale code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Well done to everyone who got tickets and commiserations to those who didn't.

Keep trying though - and keep in mind that were will likely be additional tickets on sale closer to the time. And you've also got the box office on the day of the concert.

So a second date looks unlikely..

• Advertisement

how is it not? it's the same as DoneDeal etc.
    if someone is stupid enough/desperate enough to pay hundreds for a ticket then there'll always be people willing to sell their tickets for huge amounts.

I remember for EP there was only a handful of tickets onsale and they sat there for weeks on end not selling as no-one seemed to be willing to pay €500+.

It's not just people selling on it though. It's been proven that the tickets are being allocated directly to seatwave in bulk by the promoters. It's nothing like donedeal.

Advertisement