Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

so I had heard correct it seems! so, how can seatwave sell the tickets that ID is required for then? Maybe they wont be able to enforce this rule at Croke Park for some reason.

There is no rule for the Croker tickets.

The credit card entry only related to the standing tickets for the Indoor Shows at the O2 3 Point back in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

This bit would annoy me a little tbh.
    The fans got presale to the 1st gig, and you'd imagine that most would only go to one gig, so this is just another opportunity for touts to cream it.

Second dates generally went on sale pretty much straight away after a gig sold out, giving those that missed out a chance to pick a few tickets up.

This presale b0llox means there'll be another scrap for tickets come general release, if you don't relent and pay €50 to U2 to have access to a presale code.

The pre sale sold out too and not all subscribers got tickets. It's not a guarantee to tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

marvin80 wrote: »
    If TM only facilitate the sales through Seatwave, surely they should have a rule where people can only re-sell tickets at face value.
    but they get a huge transaction percentage on each sale, so the more someone sells their ticket for, the better for TM/Seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

This is bloody ridiculous
    Tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

The fans got presale to the 1st gig, and you'd imagine that most would only go to one gig, so this is just another opportunity for touts to cream it.

Second dates generally went on sale pretty much straight away after a gig sold out, giving those that missed out a chance to pick a few tickets up.

This presale b0llox means there'll be another scrap for tickets come general release, if you don't relent and pay €50 to U2 to have access to a presale code.

Not only that but U2.com specifically stated and repeated that there would be no presales for 2nd gigs.
    The rotters were basically encouraging people to use their presale codes up so as to buy more for the 2nd gigs .
    That Oseary chap :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Tickets

Absolute c**ts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

I wasn't trying to get tickets for this gig but FWIW Ticketmaster/all news/radio etc. said Bruce Springsteen's first Croke Park date was sold out in a similar time. I wanted standing tickets and was in the queue at 9 but no joy.

Thanks to a tip from Boards, I logged onto ticketmaster later in the afternoon, managed to buy 5 x 1 standing tickets, which were supposedly completely sold out a few hours earlier. If i tried to buy 2 or more tickets, nothing came up but buying in increments of one worked.

Worth a try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

but they get a huge transaction percentage on each sale, so the more someone sells their ticket for, the better for TM/Seatwave.

So they are touting. It needs to be regulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I still have them 4 x Davin Stand section 319 seats beside eachother from the presale to swap for 4 standing tickets if anyone isn't so confident about their legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

murpho999 wrote: »
    The pre sale sold out too and not all subscribers got tickets. It's not a guarantee to tickets.

Yea but if you paid U2 50 quid you had a pretty good chance of getting tickets compared to general sale this morning. It's just another way for them to rake the cash in.

If a 2nd date went on sale this morning (unlikely) it'd be a level playing field.
    In any case i'm just raging i lost out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It's not just people selling on it though. It's been proven that the tickets are being allocated directly to seatwave in bulk by the promoters. It's nothing like donedeal.
    it's not "nothing like dondeal", it's a place for people to sell tickets.

if the band/promoter are signing an agreement with TM to hold back tickets to put on Seatwave, then that's the band/promoter at fault.
    although that doesn't seem to happen in Ireland usually, loads of sold-out gigs here (eg. Electric Picnic) usually only have a few tickets up on Seatwave. after EP sold out last year there was only about 10 pairs of tickets on Seatwave for quite a while.

U2 must bring out the touts though, probably loads of them already signed up to the fanclub and buying the tickets last week with new memberships on different cards then putting them straight onto Seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Will ya g'won ta fock. Most fans will want to go to as many shows as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Pre-sale wasnt such a "scam" after all. This morning was a fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Whether there are or are not going to be extra dates an announcement needs to be made and people put out of their misery

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

London,Paris & Amsterdam get 2nd nights...Dublin will be a cert for another night

Rumour is they don't have permission for a second date...maybe this is a formality to overcome should there be a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

it's not "nothing like dondeal", it's a place for people to sell tickets.

if the band/promoter are signing an agreement with TM to hold back tickets to put on Seatwave, then that's the band/promoter at fault.
    although that doesn't seem to happen in Ireland, loads of sold-out gigs here (eg. Electric Picnic) usually only have a few tickets up on Seatwave.

U2 must bring out the touts though, probably loads of them already signed up to the fanclub and buying the tickets last week with new memberships on different cards then putting them straight onto Seatwave.

Have you even watched the dispatches documentary linked a few pages back? If not, then watch it. It's concrete proof these sites are a joke. I'm not getting into semantics with you again. You seem to have issues with words.

The fact is, they are screwing genuine fans and making loads more money. If you wanna support that then go ahead. I'll continue to call a spade a spade, it' 100% corrupt.

Its unusual that an announcement either way isnt forthcoming re: 2nd night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

jon1981 wrote: »
    Rumour is they don't have permission for a second date...maybe this is a formality to overcome should there be a second.

It's all garths fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Could be that the rumour is just to hype things up to the max!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Jesus Christ, if the people who choose to live beside a massive f*cking stadium make a bollocks of this I'm going to be so pissed. Croker haven't hit their three concert limit yet FFS. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If they play 2 nights in Paris ,that's the Tuesday and Wednesday after Dublin so they wont be playing the Sunday night ,it will be the Friday if there is an extra gig in Dublin .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Tickets
    Just reported them for touting
    Seve OB wrote: »
    Will ya g'won ta fock. Most fans will want to go to as many shows as they can.
    Really, good for you or others if they can afford to go to multiple gigs on the same tour. I'm thrilled for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It looks like something seriously weird or last minute happened regarding a second show. Irish Times tweeted literally just this morning that the band were to announce a second show, but since then the article's headline has changed to "no second show expected". Thing is, the original tweet linking to the article is still there, so you can see that the article originally said that there would be a second date and has since been changed:

https://twitter.com/IrishTimes/status/820916525481816064

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

lazer.blue wrote: »
    Whether there are or are not going to be extra dates an announcement needs to be made and people put out of their misery

How can you announce something thats not happening?

Good shout. Livenation should confirm that Dublin only getting the one night then. Put people out of their misery and enable them to plan to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

deeroy12 wrote: »
    London,Paris & Amsterdam get 2nd nights...Dublin will be a cert for another night
    Where is that confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Anyone got Pat Hickeys phone number?
    He's usually good for a few tickets

Advertisement