Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

How can you announce something thats not happening?

If they are playing an extra night in Amsterdam then they will definitely play one in their hometown .

You can see the spaces in the schedule allow for 2nd nights in most venues on the European leg.
    Its all about building the hype ,pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Seve OB wrote: »
    what has that got to do with a second night?

A second night could make this potential situation worse? Just clutching at straws here.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

How can you announce something thats not happening?

There have been plenty of reports/rumours that there would be a second date. So make a statement either confirming or denying these reports/rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

deeroy12 wrote: »
    500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

EDIT: I see it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lazer.blue wrote: »
    There have been plenty of reports/rumours that there would be a second date. So make a statement either confirming or denying these reports/rumours.

There has been plenty saying that there will be no second night as well.

Nova and its sources have been reporting that since 8.55am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Theyre probably still in bed or on the phone trying to work out a percentage deal on the seatwave tickets. Give them a break lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Ill put my Dublin hat on....not a chance of a replay in leinster GAA wise...

haha i know but the "what if" has to be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Have you even watched the dispatches documentary linked a few pages back? If not, then watch it. It's concrete proof these sites are a joke. I'm not getting into semantics with you again. You seem to have issues with words.

The fact is, they are screwing genuine fans and making loads more money. If you wanna support that then go ahead. I'll continue to call a spade a spade, it' 100% corrupt.
    yes, i have, and as seen time and time again here in Ireland, that hasn't happened. loads of sold out gigs here have had few/any tickets on Seatwave.
    if it has happened for this gig, then the band/promoters have signed a deal with Ticketmaster to put a chunk of tickets on Seatwave. more likely it's just a sh1tload of touts and people thinking they can make a quick buck given how big U2 are here, especially with all the tickets that anyone could buy in the pre-sale.
    no, I have issues with people being too upset about missing out on their preferred tickets to logically read those words and jump to all sorts of conclusions.

• Advertisement

U2 spokesperson has already said there won't be a 2nd date.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    There has been plenty saying that there will be no second night as well.

Nova and its sources have been reporting that since 8.55am.

That's the point I'm making. Make a statement one way or another so people are not left wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

what has that got to do with a second night?

It says that if the Leinster Final, on Sunday 16th July is a draw, that the reply would normally be rescheduled for Croke Park the following Sunday, which is Sunday 23rd July.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

U2 spokesperson has already said there won't be a 2nd date.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

It says that if the Leinster Final, on Sunday 16th July is a draw, that the reply would normally be rescheduled for Croke Park the following Sunday, which is Sunday 23rd July.

If the match goes to a replay, it cannot be held in Croker the following week anyway due to the u2 concert on the Saturday night. So announcing a second date is irrelevant. Replay cannot be held that Sunday in Croker anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That's the point I'm making. Make a statement one way or another so people are not left wondering.

Only place I have read or heard rumours of a second night is on here.

I have not been left wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sure the stage, sound towers etc wouldn't be taken down, ground sheets taken up and pitch playable 12/13 hours after the Saturday gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The big problem with a 2nd date is if it's not announced and put on sale immediately, the people who have bought for the 1st gig could buy again forr the 2nd one and possibly then sell them on.
    Some more secondary sellers.

Now will just have to organise a swap for Ireland v Wales Soccer tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Longtime U2 fan looking to swap 2x Pitch 1 tickets for 2x Pitch 2. PM me if you have anything.

Source?

sorry, it appears to be an MCD spokesperson, not a U2 one:

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/no-second-u2-croke-park-concert-expected-as-tickets-go-on-sale-1.2938567
    However a spokeswoman for concert organisers said the band will not add a second Croke Park concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This is bloody ridiculous
    Tickets

They are just chancers, though the gutter press journos will say tickets are selling for €924. I have said I suspect journos might put up tickets themselves to get a story.

You can check completed listings to see what actually sold

"pitch 2" were €210, 2x"pitch 1" sold for €395. That is still not a guarantee that someone actually paid that. Some people will put bogus bids on to purposely screw up auctions they have issues with.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=JOSHUA+TREE++CROKE+PARK+PITCH+2&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=10&_fpos=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

yes, i have, and as seen time and time again here in Ireland, that hasn't happened. loads of sold out gigs here have had few/any tickets on Seatwave.
    if it has happened for this gig, then the band/promoters have signed a deal with Ticketmaster to put a chunk of tickets on Seatwave. more likely it's just a sh1tload of touts and people thinking they can make a quick buck given how big U2 are here, especially with all the tickets that anyone could buy in the pre-sale.
    no, I have issues with people being too upset about missing out on their preferred tickets to logically read those words and jump to all sorts of conclusions.

You obviously haven't because then you'd know they just focus on big gigs like U2, Coldplay etc. It's completely farcical and isn't just "some people making a quick buck". It's way beyond that. Open your eyes.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Only place I have read or heard rumours of a second night is on here.

I have not been left wondering.

But others have and I have seen plenty of reports/rumours of second nights in Dublin and other cities. Now I'm sure someone connected to the U2 organisation is aware of these and they are the only ones who can definitively confirm or deny them.

You obviously haven't because then you'd know they just focus on big gigs like U2, Coldplay etc. It's completely farcical and isn't just "some people making a quick buck". It's way beyond that. Open your eyes.
    and yet don't focus on big 55,000 capcity gigs like Electric Picnic that are guaranteed to sell out? OK :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

but sure U2 are on Saturday night. and you think if they don't have a second gig on the Sunday, they can whip down the stage and have the pitch ready for the Dubs on Sunday afternoon :eek:

U2 made this easy for the touts ,very easy.
    A limit of 8 tickets per person and e tickets instantly available to print.

The big touts will sell these on Seatwave/Viagogo and get paid for the sales straight away ,they don't have to wait until after the event like normal sellers.
    So they can basically flip the tickets in a few days.
    U2 should have limited the number of tickets to 4 ,made paper tickets the only option and put a delivery delay until May/June,that would deter the touts a bit as their money would be tied up for 6 months .

Its strange that they have such a lax policy for the European gigs but they have credit card entry for most of the US venues despite the tickets being more expensive over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

U2 made this easy for the touts ,very easy.
    A limit of 8 tickets per person and e tickets instantly available to print.

The big touts will sell these on Seatwave/Viagogo and get paid for the sales straight away ,they don't have to wait until after the event like normal sellers.
    So they can basically flip the tickets in a few days.
    U2 should have limited the number of tickets to 4 ,made paper tickets the only option and put a delivery delay until May/June,that would deter the touts a bit as their money would be tied up for 6 months .

Its strange that they have such a lax policy for the European gigs but they have credit card entry for most of the US venues despite the tickets being more expensive over there.

It wouldn't have made a difference, what with Ticketsh!tester running their usual touting service themselves. :mad:

This is a very good watch ,I recently came across it on BBC News ,it lifts the lid on the secondary market
    The best guy is on last ,he doesnt hold back

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b083xpm8
    Recorded coverage of the Culture, Media and Sport select committee session on ticket touting, with evidence from Josh Franceschi from You Me at Six, as well as representatives from Ticketmaster, eBay, Stubhub, ticket agents and music managers, from Tuesday 15 Novemb

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

but sure U2 are on Saturday night. and you think if they don't have a second gig on the Sunday, they can whip down the stage and have the pitch ready for the Dubs on Sunday afternoon
    Sure the stage, sound towers etc wouldn't be taken down, ground sheets taken up and pitch playable 12/13 hours after the Saturday gig.

I didn't say that the replay could be held on the Sunday 23rd July, I was just emphasizing the point made in the article, about Croke Park being unavailable that weekend, if the Leinster Final on 16th July ended in a draw.

The article highlights the other problem of a replay match being held in a different location, that of Croke Park being a much bigger stadium, than other GAA grounds.

It reminds me of the argument made by some people opposed to the Garth Brooks gigs being held in Croke Park; that the Garth Brooks gigs should have been held in other venues around the country.

One of the main opponents of the Garth Brooks gigs, was on Prime Time at the time, after the five gigs had sold out, saying that the gigs should be held at venues around the country, like Nowlan Park, that has a capacity considerably less than Croke Park.

Advertisement