Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Guys any suggestions where to post looking to swap 4 seats together for 4 standing tickets? I know may not get any interest, but worth a shot. Adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

cormie wrote: »
    Guys any suggestions where to post looking to swap 4 seats together for 4 standing tickets? I know may not get any interest, but worth a shot. Adverts.ie?

Try toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

deeroy12 wrote: »

That's second nights confirmed for London,Paris,Amsterdam and Rome .
    A second night announcement for Dublin is imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1503204553294410/?fref=nf
    Great page to help fans get tickets and swaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That's second nights confirmed for London,Paris,Amsterdam and Rome.
    anybody know in those countries were the press saying there would be no second gig? any supposed offical announcements which turned out to be untrue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

On a separate note I had a bit of a job getting a hotel. I had to go as far as the Maldron Newlands Cross as I couldn't get anywhere nearer. I should really have booked somewhere well before the tickets went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

lukin wrote: »
    On a separate note I had a bit of a job getting a hotel. I had to go as far as the Maldron Newlands Cross as I couldn't get anywhere nearer. I should really have booked somewhere well before the tickets went on sale.

If you had booked a hotel in advance, that may have been risky, if you hadn't managed to get a ticket for U2.

Some people on the discussion about the Red Hot Chili Peppers gigs, that were meant to be held last December 20th and 21st, were saying that the hotels they booked were not particularly accommodating, regarding changing the date of their booking to the September rescheduled dates.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102026540&postcount=252

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102030651&postcount=253

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

That's second nights confirmed for London,Paris,Amsterdam and Rome .

If a second gig is confirmed today where will it be announced first? Will the tickets go on sale today or at a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

If you had booked a hotel in advance, that may have been risky, if you hadn't managed to get a ticket for U2.

Always book refundable rooms, which you can cancel two days before check-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

and yet don't focus on big 55,000 capcity gigs like Electric Picnic that are guaranteed to sell out? OK :rolleyes:

This is the U2 gig thread. It's about seatwave getting allocations to U2 gigs. I don't know about EP but the documentary clearly shows V festival getting massive allocations to seatwave and viagogo.

Hey if you are cool with being scalped by ticketmaster, by all means dude. Keep that head in the sand and enjoy watching tickets "sell out" and magically re-appear seconds later for massively inflated prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Everything points to the contrary, Nova even said that it has been 'officially' said there will be no second gig.

If there is, it could be at the end of the tour, not the same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

lambayire wrote: »
    I reckon that thousands of tickets went in the presale last week.

Ticketmaster had the 50 euro extra option for anyone once the regular presale started.
    Tickets were hoovered up.

I was on the pre sale and couldn't get standing tickets so don't think you are right
    Btw the Ticketmaster app is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Everything points to the contrary, Nova even said that it has been 'officially' said there will be no second gig.

This. They have been reporting the same since before 9am, as it was not logistically possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Possible but highly, highly unlikely mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭benny79

which is the correct ticketmaster app as im getting 2! ticketmaster ie event & ticketmaster ticker?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well if Nova keep saying it, then it must be true :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Independent online saying a second date will be announced today.

Myself and three friends were all unsuccessful this morning. Congrats to those who were lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

lyoness wrote: »
    I was on the pre sale and couldn't get standing tickets so don't think you are right
    Btw the Ticketmaster app is the way to go

There are only so many standing available. There was seated tickets available all day Thursday. You could even sign up for the presale after you searched for the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

benny79 wrote: »
    which is the correct ticketmaster app as im getting 2! ticketmaster ie event & ticketmaster ticker?

Ticketmaster ie

Wooderson wrote: »
    Possible but highly, highly unlikely mate.

I know.
    Seve OB wrote: »
    Well if Nova keep saying it, then it must be true :rolleyes:

As seen in this thread, they're not the only source to say so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

http://www.goss.ie/u2-will-not-add-second-croke-park-date/

article posted at 10:59am

If you’re lucky, you can still snag a ticket for their gig on Ticketmaster.ie.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Officially SOLD OUT now on U2.com

& extra dates added in for London, Paris & Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

starWave wrote: »
    There are only so many standing available. There was seated tickets available all day Thursday. You could even sign up for the presale after you searched for the tickets.

Yeah but I got my standing tickets today
    I know I could have got seats in the pre sale

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Yet again, we have another feck-up when it comes to tickets and concerts in Ireland. It should be very simple, if there is a demand for tickets, people should be able to buy and promoters should be able to put on as many shows to meet the demand. I spoke to someone recently in the industry who said that the Garth Brooks saga and not allowing the gigs go ahead will actually end up affecting the concert industry in Ireland. It was the same with Coldplay. Croke Park is our biggest stadium and the Biggest Acts should play there. Right now, we have lots of big acts wanting to play in Ireland and there can only be 3 gigs in total in a year.
    The way things are, touts are the big winners because the demand far outweighs supply.

I spoke to someone I know this morning who informs me that a 2nd U2 concert is not going to happen as there is a THIRD Croke Park act planned for Summer 2017 so this is likely to happen again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

there will be two probably three gigs..don't get yer knickers in a twist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

lyoness wrote: »
    Yeah but I got my standing tickets today
    I know I could have got seats in the pre sale

There were standing tickets available on the presale - pitch 2 tickets were available at 10:30 last Thursday.

It should be very simple, if there is a demand for tickets, people should be able to buy and promoters should be able to put on as many shows to meet the demand.

Absolutely. Sure who needs planning laws, ignoring them has never lead to problems before, has it?

There's nothing stopping a promoter hiring out a purpose built venue such as the Three Arena for as many nights as they're willing to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Seve OB wrote: »
    Officially SOLD OUT now on U2.com

& extra dates added in for London, Paris & Amsterdam

There's no way they'd do two in these cities and not Dublin.. Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

starWave wrote: »
    Always book refundable rooms, which you can cancel two days before check-in.

Actually a lot of the places I checked today had made their rooms non-refundable once booked. Whether that was the case before the gigs were announced I can't say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Bowlardo wrote: »
    there will be two probably three gigs..don't get yer knickers in a twist

How could there be 3? They only allow 3 shows there per year and Coldplay have already sold out one night.

Hate to say it but then longer they take to make an announcement the less likely there will be a second show. I'd expected a second show to be announced by 10 this morning.

Advertisement