Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

lyoness wrote: »
    Yeah but I got my standing tickets today
    I know I could have got seats in the pre sale

The standing presale were snapped up on Wednesday. I'd say there was a huge chunk of tickets sold last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

UsedToWait wrote: »
    There's no way they'd do two in these cities and not Dublin.. Surely?

Croker has it's' challenges during the summer juggling it's sporting commitments and appeasing the local residents. Why does it always have to be Croker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

SteM wrote: »
    How could there be 3? They only allow 3 shows there per year and Coldplay have already sold out one night.

Hate to say it but then longer they take to make an announcement the less likely there will be a second show. I'd expected a second show to be announced by 10 this morning.

Seatwave might have asked them to hold off until later in the week to announce it, try and make a few BIG sales. Wish I was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

SteM wrote: »
    There were standing tickets available on the presale - pitch 2 tickets were available at 10:30 last Thursday.

Maybe but I could not get them. Tried all day thurs and most of Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Absolutely. Sure who needs planning laws, ignoring them has never lead to problems before, has it?

There's nothing stopping a promoter hiring out a purpose built venue such as the Three Arena for as many nights as they're willing to pay for.

Yeah, feck all the local residents, the Guards and emergency services who have to work over time to cover it, and Extra services laid on by CIE to get everyone out of the place. Hell with it, put on a gig every every weekend.

:D

• Advertisement

starWave wrote: »
    The standing presale were snapped up on Wednesday. I'd say there was a huge chunk of tickets sold last week.
    Normally presales have a limited percentage of tickets available for sale, but seeing how they flogged the €50 memberships as bundles with tickets on TM I wouldn't be surprised if they had far more tickets available than usual to maximise the extra profit...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

There's no maybe about it. Just the luck of the draw, you didn't get offered them whenever you tried.

jon1981 wrote: »
    Croker has it's' challenges during the summer juggling it's sporting commitments and appeasing the local residents. Why does it always have to be Croker?

We have a fine stadium in Ballyshannon or Sligo.

Take your point though, at this stage I would probably go to Cork or Limerick my self now.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Yeah, feck all the local residents, the Guards and emergency services who have to work over time to cover it, and Extra services laid on by CIE to get everyone out of the place. Hell with it, put on a gig every every weekend.

Who mentioned every weekend? There are plenty of other stadiums in the world in residential areas who don't have these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pitch 1 were available for a longtime on Thursday,Pitch 2 were like hens teeth though.

• Advertisement

Who mentioned every weekend? There are plenty of other stadiums in the world in residential areas who don't have these problems.

Even with only two dates confirmed though for Croke Park gigs this year, it is logistically impossible for U2 to do a second gig at Croke Park around that weekend.

The only way it could happen as already said would be at probably a much later date, unless they maybe decided to play The Point, Lansdowne Rd, or else where in the Country/Ireland. Even then, they would require another stage, which is probably already being built/dismantled somewhere else in Europe.

As with most things, seeing U2 is not a right.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

We have a fine stadium in Ballyshannon or Sligo.

Take your point though, at this stage I would probably go to Cork or Limerick my self now.

Would have been an ideal way to celebrate opening the new stadium in Cork, especially since U2 have such connections with the place. Such a missed opportunity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

All the people on social media, complaining about Seatwave and the crazy prices....

Here's an idea....Would you not have just paid the €40 extra to get them in the pre sale and avoid all this ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Even with only two dates confirmed though for Croke Park gigs this year, it is logistically impossible for U2 to do a second gig at Croke Park around that weekend.

The only way it could happen as already said would be at probably a much later date, unless they maybe decided to play The Point, Lansdowne Rd, or else where in the Country/Ireland. Even then, they would require another stage, which is probably already being built/dismantled somewhere else in Europe.

As with most things, seeing U2 is not a right.
    Why it is logistically impossible for U2 to do a second gig at Croke Park around that weekend?

All the people on social media, complaining about Seatwave and the crazy prices....

Here's an idea....Would you not have just paid the €40 extra to get them in the pre sale and avoid all this ffs?
    I think the point is people are annoyed that you'd have to pay extra just for a shot of getting tickets. For people with no interest in joining a fan club, it's taking advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Why would it be "logistically impossible" for U2 to do a second gig on Friday 21st July?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Having to join a Fan Club just to get concert tickets is a rip off. Also, there still wouldn't be enough tickets to meet demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

I think the point is people are annoyed that you'd have to pay extra just for a shot of getting tickets. For people with no interest in joining a fan club, it's taking advantage.

Its pretty normal for fan clubs to have pre-sales. The only odd bit this time was that you could buy it on TM at the same time. People moaning for the sake of moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why should you have to take a subscription to a website to buy tickets?

Also, I know some people who did it and could still not get tickets as the ones they wanted, pitch, sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

It is shocking how quick concerts "supposedly" sell out on ticketmaster. Ie! Why can't we have an interactive seating plan to choose the exact seat / location we want!? I have seen this used for a lot of European shows, including the tickets for U2 in Berlin as sold by ticketmaster. De.

Ireland for its size is surely one of the biggest gig going countries and countless bands have reported on how much they love coming here. So why do we get treated like crap by ticketmaster!? Let us see the available tickets and colour code the areas in line with the availability!

As soon as this tour was announced I thought U2 would have the closing date in Pairc ui Ciomhe, Cork, just like they did in 1987 on the Joshua Tree tour. The stadium I believe is to be completed by the summer so I still suspect this date to be announced. Here's hoping!

I really hope nobody feeds the money grabbing touts, and that they are left with there tickets! The money been charged is horrendous and needs to be stopped! As u2 are selling the optional laminate ticket / memento I presumed the Croke Park gig would be another paperless affair, am I wrong in thinking this?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

murpho999 wrote: »

Why should you have to  take a subscription to a website to buy tickets?

Also, I know some people who did it and could still not get tickets as the ones they wanted, pitch, sold out.
    Presales guarantee you access to tickets - but not necessarily at the prices or locations you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They really should have specified that there wasn't going to be a second date added and not let the press run away with reporting on a possibility of an added date. I know someone who was holding off until the second date announcement as that night suited her better and now is left with none!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why should you have to take a subscription to a website to buy tickets?

So they could get tickets but, they were too picky about it and shot themselves in the foot?

I get your point and that is exactly why I split the membership with 3 mates, but in fairness some can't afford that and they're being given reduced chances of getting a ticket due to Seatwave getting allocations directly.

I get your point and that is exactly why I split the membership with 3 mates, but in fairness some can't afford that and they're being given reduced chances of getting a ticket due to Seatwave getting allocations directly.

If they can afford 110 quid for a seated ticket or 80 quid for standing, they can afford another 40

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

anna080 wrote: »
    They really should have specified that there wasn't going to be a second date added and not let the press run away with reporting on a possibility of an added date. I know someone who was holding off until the second date announcement as that night suited her better and now is left with none!

lol. I'll wait till they announce a second date, whatever day it might be, as that will suit me better than the one already confirmed....:rolleyes:

Seve OB wrote: »
    lol. I'll wait till they announce a second date, whatever day it might be, as that will suit me better than the one already confirmed....:rolleyes:

Incredible ain't it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Having to join a Fan Club just to get concert tickets is a rip off. Also, there still wouldn't be enough tickets to meet demand.

johnpatrick81... do you want to tell him or will I ;)

If they can afford 110 quid for a seated ticket or 80 quid for standing, they can afford another 40

They really shouldn't have to. If seatwave didn't exist, a lot more people would have gotten tickets this morning. So they're very much entitled to moan about such a corrupt setup.

People who are willing to overlook the massive issue related to seatwave are the exact problem.

• Advertisement

Why would it be "logistically impossible" for U2 to do a second gig on Friday 21st July?

I imagine matches the weekend either side plus time taken to build stage. It was other reports that said logistically impossible.

Advertisement