Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

If they can afford 110 quid for a seated ticket or 80 quid for standing, they can afford another 40

Don't feed the simplistic troll ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why should you have to take a subscription to a website to buy tickets?

but you didn't have to. you could have waited till this morning and tried then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Seve OB wrote: »
    lol. I'll wait till they announce a second date, whatever day it might be, as that will suit me better than the one already confirmed....:rolleyes:

Press had people convinced it would be on the Sunday. Stupid I know but however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

They really shouldn't have to. If seatwave didn't exist, a lot more people would have gotten tickets this morning. So they're very much entitled to moan about such a corrupt setup.

People who are willing to overlook the massive issue related to seatwave are the exact problem.

I'm not overlooking it. Nor am I the problem so I'd take that back for a start!

Seatwave is corrupt and it needs to be gotten away with. However, it's U2! Regardless of seatwave or not, it's always guaranteed to sell out and create this massive surge for tickets so, why people couldn't just pay 40 quid, to avoid the hassle is beyond me

They really shouldn't have to. If seatwave didn't exist, a lot more people would have gotten tickets this morning. So they're very much entitled to moan about such a corrupt setup.

People who are willing to overlook the massive issue related to seatwave are the exact problem.

I think the problem is the people who buy tickets off them. I would never and will never do it.

Much and all as I hate touts, I'd rather give it to the "honest tout" who is selling tickets on the street beforehand. That documentary was unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Just had a look at the set wave site. It is a total ripoff.. The tickets for the Dublin Gig are three times the Berlin or Paris gigs. Me thinks Joe Duffy will be busy today!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm not overlooking it. Nor am I the problem so I'd take that back for a start!

Seatwave is corrupt and it needs to be gotten away with. However, it's U2! Regardless of seatwave or not, it's always guaranteed to sell out and create this massive surge for tickets so, why people couldn't just pay 40 quid, to avoid the hassle is beyond me

I won't take it back. You're willing to allow seatwave, and encouraging people to pay extra. Of course I get your point, but until seatwave is removed, your point is unfair. People have been robbed of chances of tickets face value due to a corrupt system, so slagging them off for venting is not on.

anna080 wrote: »
    Press had people convinced it would be on the Sunday. Stupid I know but however.

they never convinced me. I reckoned it would be on the Friday. Others knew that it was "logistically impossible" to have it any day....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

If they can afford 110 quid for a seated ticket or 80 quid for standing, they can afford another 40

You work for Seatwave, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Try for ticket on ticketBasta** and they are 'suggesting' that you try "ticketmasters marketplace" - Seatwave !
    where you can buy standing *from €339
    Davin lower from €377

Dirty rotten scalping b***ards

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

They really should have specified that there wasn't going to be a second date added and not let the press run away with reporting on a possibility of an added date. I know someone who was holding off until the second date announcement as that night suited her better and now is left with none!
    Sorry but that was not a bit risky..? :)
    If they announce one night then it's one night and the assumption is surely that there's no second night unless and until one is announced? People and the media will speculate, of course but that can't be helped and nor should it be given any credence.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Its pretty normal for fan clubs to have pre-sales. The only odd bit this time was that you could buy it on TM at the same time. People moaning for the sake of moaning.

I go to a decent amount of gigs and U2 are the only band I can think of that have a paid fan club membership as the only way to access presales. Most other bands have mailing lists with pre sale codes. There are of course disadvantages to this method as these codes can be easily shared with non subscribers, but at least they're not putting pressure on fans to add another €50 to their ticket prices. If U2 really wanted to reward their longtime fans they should have just had a small allocation of tickets for the Redhill group and had the bulk of tickets available for general sale (with none of this 8 tickets per person, easily transferable tickets BS)

I won't take it back. You're willing to allow seatwave, and encouraging people to pay extra. Of course I get your point, but until seatwave is removed, your point is unfair. People have been robbed of chances of tickets face value due to a corrupt system, so slagging them off for venting is not on.

I'm allowing Seatwave? :D:D

Yeah....Ticketmaster fund it and endorse it and run it but, me, the guy who doesn't run it, endorse it, pump money into it and who have never bought off it and never will buy off it, is the problem!

Get a clue

Yeah, slagging people off....The same people who call Bono a knob and say U2's music is ****, are now complaining about not getting tickets all over social media. It's different on here but, not having it on FB and Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Germancarfan

It is shocking how quick concerts "supposedly" sell out on ticketmaster. Ie! Why can't we have an interactive seating plan to choose the exact seat / location we want!? I have seen this used for a lot of European shows, including the tickets for U2 in Berlin as sold by ticketmaster. De.

Ireland for its size is surely one of the biggest gig going countries and countless bands have reported on how much they love coming here. So why do we get treated like crap by ticketmaster!? Let us see the available tickets and colour code the areas in line with the availability!

As soon as this tour was announced I thought U2 would have the closing date in Pairc ui Ciomhe, Cork, just like they did in 1987 on the Joshua Tree tour. The stadium I believe is to be completed by the summer so I still suspect this date to be announced. Here's hoping!

I really hope nobody feeds the money grabbing touts, and that they are left with there tickets! The money been charged is horrendous and needs to be stopped! As u2 are selling the optional laminate ticket / memento I presumed the Croke Park gig would be another paperless affair, am I wrong in thinking this?!

Because as long as people are willing to climb over each other for the tickets and sell out shows every single time they will continue to do it.

Items only sell for what people are willing to pay. If someone pays hundreds for a luxury item then that item will reappear for that cost + a percentage everytime.

They have very successfully created cut-throat demand for these gigs.

Until it's left where people take a stand and leave a show with tickets for sale it will just never change. Not driven by the agent anyway.

Seve OB wrote: »
    lol.  I'll wait till they announce a second date, whatever day it might be, as that will suit me better than the one already confirmed....:rolleyes:

Could just as easily be the Friday (if it was to happen). That would be more realistic given the gap between the Barcelona date and the existing Dublin one.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I imagine matches the weekend either side plus time taken to build stage. It was other reports that said logistically impossible.

What were the logistics though? The stage is there. Bono will have his two nights off to rest voice before and after. Permission from Croke Park and the residents seems to be only roadblock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

All the people on social media, complaining about Seatwave and the crazy prices....

Here's an idea....Would you not have just paid the €40 extra to get them in the pre sale and avoid all this ffs?

That was a "marketing ploy". :rolleyes:

I'm allowing Seatwave? :D:D

Yeah....Ticketmaster fund it and endorse it and run it but, me, the guy who doesn't run it, endorse it, pump money into it and who have never bought off it and never will buy off it, is the problem!

Get a clue

Yeah, slagging people off....The same people who call Bono a knob and say U2's music is ****, are now complaining about not getting tickets all over social media. It's different on here but, not having it on FB and Twitter

You are actively promoting a way "around" seatwave, i.e. presale. You're enabling it. It's black and white. It's wrong. No excuses should be made for it. You were making excuses for it. Those people are massively entitled to vent about it. You said they weren't. You're wrong.

Agreed. Even though I really want to go to the gig I refuse to encourage greedy business tactics like hawking €50 memberships with TM, or paying over face value for tickets from touts/Seatwave. Until more people do this we're stuck with being screwed over again and again for event tickets, but sadly people will always want to see their favourite band at any cost (and I don't blame the fans!) so nothing will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

I do not agree with Seatwave or touting of tickets whatsoever, but just to point out that there are less U2 Croke Park tickets on Seatwave right now (396) than there were yesterday (over 600), so it doesn't appear that touts have flooded Seatwave with tickets bought this morning, or that Ticketmaster might have withheld tickets from the general sale to sell on Seatwave immediately after the gig sold out.

• Advertisement

It is shocking how quick concerts "supposedly" sell out on ticketmaster.  Ie! Why can't we have an interactive seating plan to choose the exact seat / location we want!? I have seen this used for a lot of European shows, including the tickets for U2 in Berlin as sold by ticketmaster. De.

Ireland for its size is surely one of the biggest gig going countries and countless bands have reported on how much they love coming here. So why do we get treated like crap by ticketmaster!? Let us see the available tickets and colour code the areas in line with the availability!

As soon as this tour was announced I thought U2 would have the closing date in Pairc ui Ciomhe, Cork,  just like they did in 1987 on the Joshua Tree tour. The stadium I believe is to be completed by the summer so I still suspect this date to be announced. Here's hoping!

I really hope nobody feeds the money grabbing touts, and that they are left with there tickets! The money been charged is horrendous and needs to be stopped! As u2 are selling the optional laminate ticket / memento I presumed the Croke Park gig would be another paperless affair, am I wrong in thinking this?!
    No chance of Cork. The stadium isn't ready and it would be lunacy to sell tickets to a concert there at this stage when it isn't built never mind inspected for H&S purposes.

There'd be some uproar if tickets were sold for it then the gig cancelled because of some hitch with the stadium.

Nice thought and all but....

You are actively promoting a way "around" seatwave, i.e. presale. You're enabling it. It's black and white. It's wrong. No excuses should be made for it. You were making excuses for it. Those people are massively entitled to vent about it. You said they weren't. You're wrong.

Yeah...Shame on me for promoting a way to get around Seatwave and avoid all this

We should all buy from them :rolleyes:

purcela wrote: »
    I do not agree with Seatwave or touting of tickets whatsoever, but just to point out that there are less U2 Croke Park tickets on Seatwave right now (396) than there were yesterday (over 600), so it doesn't appear that touts have flooded Seatwave with tickets bought this morning, or that Ticketmaster might have withheld tickets from the general sale to sell on Seatwave immediately after the gig sold out.

That doesn't mean they weren't allocated. It's completely corporately run, by people in offices. Those tickets are gone and have been assigned to all sorts of packages. They will then also pop up on Seatwave down the line. Watch the documentary, it's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Anyone get nosebleed(davin stand)tickets? If so, happy enough ye got something or disappointed with where they are?

Yeah...Shame on me for promoting a way to get around Seatwave and avoid all this

We should all buy from them :rolleyes:

That's not my point. My original point was you slagging off people venting about seatwave for not handing out extra for the presale. You're way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So they could get tickets but, they were too picky about it and shot themselves in the foot?

No but the seat tickets were very expensive and they could not afford them.

You should stop jumping to conclusions and judgement of people.

That's not my point. My original point was you slagging off people venting about seatwave for not handing out extra for the presale. You're way off.

So you're saying I'm wrong for saying people should have just paid the extra 40 instead of paying the extra 600 quid on Seatwave? :D

murpho999 wrote: »
    No but the seat tickets were very expensive and they could not afford them.

You should stop jumping to conclusions and judgement of people.

Nah.

So you're saying I'm wrong for saying people should have just paid the extra 40 instead of paying the extra 600 quid on Seatwave? :D

No, I'm saying you are wrong for slating people for "moaning" about a corrupt setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Just got an email from MCD to say all tickets are now sold out, no mention of a second gig.

Advertisement