Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tickets for extra dates go on sale next monday. No mention of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

So you're saying I'm wrong for saying people should have just paid the extra 40 instead of paying the extra 600 quid on Seatwave? :D

Anyone who buys tickets on Seatwave today is an idiot ,especially today.
    These people are fools ,the prices being paid are nuts .
    Why are they buying now ,a second gig could be announced,more tickets will be released closer to the dates .
    I wonder are alot of them yanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

I really hope they put on an extra night for the genuine fans. I was lucky got two separate stand tickets so ill be bopping alone but dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

As I said a few days ago:
    It's very similar to Coldplay where everyone expected a second gig that never came. Huge band with huge following playing a summer Saturday in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I guess thought that Coldplay couldn't do the 2nd gig because U2 had slots 2 and 3 already taken.

Maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I really hope they put on an extra night for the genuine fans. I was lucky got two separate stand tickets so ill be bopping alone but dont care.

yes but how do you ensure genuine fans get tickets for 2nd night. lets face it thishappens every time u2 play. there is no ideal method for selling tickets when demand outweighs supply. in fact i think the paid fan club sub is giving genuine fans a way of bypassing the tm/seatwave mess/ripoff. im happy paying extra per ticket to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

den87 wrote: »
    Anyone get nosebleed(davin stand)tickets? If so, happy enough ye got something or disappointed with where they are?

got Cusack Upper Tier, not so bad i thought, just have to work on my Vertigo over the next few months. then i checked the map, and discovered that section 715 is as good as in the Davin. Ah well. better to have a ticket then none...

hoping that the sound quality will at least be ok. I was at the Bruce gig last year in the same corner but on the lower tier and the sound quality was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lambayire wrote: »
    I guess thought that Coldplay couldn't do the 2nd gig because U2 had slots 2 and 3 already taken.

Maybe?
    I reckon ginger Ed has the 3rd day booked in

yes but how do you ensure genuine fans get tickets for 2nd night. lets face it thishappens every time u2 play. there is no ideal method for selling tickets when demand outweighs supply. in fact i think the paid fan club sub is giving genuine fans a way of bypassing the tm/seatwave mess/ripoff. im happy paying extra per ticket to get them
    Is it though? There was nothing stopping a tout spending the extra 50 quid to join in on the Wires presale, sure with the markup they charge per ticket it would hardly make a dent in their profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

lambayire wrote: »

Maybe?

I know someone in the promotions business and they say that there is a 3rd act planned for Croke Park this summer. Seems odd though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I reckon ginger Ed has the 3rd day booked in

An absolute travesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Is it though? There was nothing stopping a tout spending the extra 50 quid to join in on the Wires presale, sure with the markup they charge per ticket it would hardly make a dent in their profits.

The documentary showed people working for viagogo and seatwave with massive amounts of credit cards, just for that purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Oooo careful now.

You might be accused of endorsing and empowering Seatwave:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone who buys tickets on Seatwave today is an idiot ,especially today.
    These people are fools ,the prices being paid are nuts .
    Why are they buying now ,a second gig could be announced,more tickets will be released closer to the dates .
    I wonder are alot of them yanks ?

They're not stupid at all. If I was desperate to go to a gig that was sold out, it's the first place I'd go to. The sad reality of it is that Seatwave guarantees your purchase. You buy off Gumtree, Donedeal, eBay even toutless and you simply have to hope the seller hasn't screwed you over by cancelling and reprinting to sell again.

Seatwave is an awful blight on gigs but it's security is what makes it popular, especially to gig tourists. I hate the concept of touting but at least you've some security.

The documentary showed people working for viagogo and seatwave with massive amounts of credit cards, just for that purpose.

And the tickets for Dublin are e tickets so you could use virtual credit cards as there is no address check.

Must watch this documentary later! People have to remember that these professional touts have computer scripts etc to fill out forms and get into the ticket sale screen faster than is humanly possible. There is a reason nearly all the pitch 2 tickets were as scarce as golddust for both the Wires and general sale...

Must watch this documentary later! People have to remember that these professional touts have computer scripts etc to fill out forms and get into the ticket sale screen faster than is humanly possible. There is a reason nearly all the pitch 2 tickets were as scarce as golddust for both the Wires and general sale...

It will sicken you. They go on about brokers, who can literally print as many tickets as they want, before the general sale get access. It's ridiculous. Politicians have tried and failed to get it looked into. Seems that it goes right to the top of the food chain.

But looking at Seatwave ,there are very few tickets for sale ,400 so I dont think the touts bought many ,even though they easily could as you rightly say.
    400 out of 80,000 ,that's 0.5% ,a pittance.

Of course they could be drip feeding the supply on there to increase demand .

I'm not overlooking it. Nor am I the problem so I'd take that back for a start!

Seatwave is corrupt and it needs to be gotten away with. However, it's U2! Regardless of seatwave or not, it's always guaranteed to sell out and create this massive surge for tickets so, why people couldn't just pay 40 quid, to avoid the hassle is beyond me

Yep, it's basically legitimising ticket touting on a widespread scale and needs to be dealt with via legislation in the Dail pretty sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

They're not stupid at all. If I was desperate to go to a gig that was sold out, it's the first place I'd go to. The sad reality of it is that Seatwave guarantees your purchase. You buy off Gumtree, Donedeal, eBay even toutless and you simply have to hope the seller hasn't screwed you over by cancelling and reprinting to sell again.

Seatwave is an awful blight on gigs but it's security is what makes it popular, especially to gig tourists. I hate the concept of touting but at least you've some security.

No matter how desperate I was, I'll never pay over the odds for a gig.

Don't feed the Touts, and that includes the corporate ones.

• Advertisement

U2 are as bad, they will have loads of tickets assigned to their "VIP packages".

I have an acquaintance (friend of a friend) who has a mate who works for a certain major ticketing company. When major gigs come online, said mate will purchase 8 tickets for the acquaintance just as they go on sale (i.e. from source) who then sells them on. He told me this about 5 years ago and as far as I know he still sells tickets and from what I know makes a pretty penny off it. I sold tickets once as I couldn't go to a gig and made €50 off them by accident, (wrong face value) and when I told him he was almost concerned about what I was doing as it was "his thing". These guys are scum.

It's professional touts that ensure these gigs sell out, Seatwave are merely the facilitator (yet make a disgusting cut on sales).

If you are patient and check regularly for ticket drops you will pick up a ticket for the gig ,they will release more ,U2 always do it to combat the touts.
    Extra standing capacity will be signed off once the stage layout is finalised as well as production seats .
    Unsold VIP packs will also be broken up near the gig and resold for normal price .

Paying huge money today ,often for rubbish seats is idiotic .

If you are patient and check regularly for ticket drops you will pick up a ticket for the gig ,they will release more ,U2 always do it to combat the touts.

Completely agree. Tickets always drop after production changes etc. And I'd never pay through the nose, not on my life. My point was simply that I can see why it's successful; security.

And unfortunately people have no patience whatsoever.

Completely agree. Tickets always drop after production changes etc. And I'd never pay through the nose, not on my life. My point was simply that I can see why it's successful; security.

And unfortunately people have no patience whatsoever.

Its not really security ,I've seen lots of people criticising Seatwave and more so Viagogo that they never got the tickets they ordered ,and were just given refunds.

I bought a ticket off Viagogo for a gig ,it was below face value, and it never showed up.
    I couldnt get in contact with anyone in Viagogo ,they dont even have a contact number.
    I got an email off them a few days after the gig saying that I had been refunded as the seller couldnt fulfill the order.

The only real secondary site I'd trust would be Stubhub .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have an acquaintance (friend of a friend) who has a mate who works for a certain major ticketing company. When major gigs come online, said mate will purchase 8 tickets for the acquaintance just as they go on sale (i.e. from source) who then sells them on. He told me this about 5 years ago and as far as I know he still sells tickets and from what I know makes a pretty penny off it. I sold tickets once as I couldn't go to a gig and made €50 off them by accident, (wrong face value) and when I told him he was almost concerned about what I was doing as it was "his thing". These guys are scum.

It's professional touts that ensure these gigs sell out, Seatwave are merely the facilitator (yet make a disgusting cut on sales).

"Where the cheats have no shame"

Its not really security ,I've seen lots of people criticising Seatwave and more so Viagogo that they never got the tickets they ordered ,and were just given refunds.

I bought a ticket off Viagogo for a gig ,it was below face value, and it never showed up.
    I got an email off them a few days after the gig saying that I had been refunded as the seller couldnt fulfill the order.

The only real secondary site I'd trust would be Stubhub .

But that's still better and more secure than buying off donedeal or toutless and turning up to the gig with tickets that are refused and no recourse as the seller is now long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Extra standing capacity will be signed off once the stage layout is finalised as well as production seats .
    Unsold VIP packs will also be broken up near the gig and resold for normal price .

Correct 100%, and I shall be doing the same.
    I missed out this morning for tickets, but I shall sit tight and tickets will turn up eventually at face value.
    The last innocent and experience tour in the 3arena, the gigs sold out in minutes.
    The week of the gigs there were plenty of tickets knocking around for a much smaller venue than croke park.
    I got tickets for all 3 nights last time round on ticketmaster the week of the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Tickets for extra dates go on sale next monday. No mention of Dublin.
    Second gigs listed for London, Rome, Paris and Amsterdam on u2.com.

I note that the second dates in Rome and Amsterdam leave only two day gap to the next city. Now, noting that it takes a coupe of ferry trips to get the gear to Ireland from mainland Europe, I would take with a pinch of salt the assertion in the press articles that it is "logistically impossible" to have a second gig in Dublin, especially with a current four day gap from the preceding show in Barcelona - that's the only four day gap on the European leg of the tour.

They sold out Croke Park for three gigs on both their last two stadium shows here and even 1987 saw two shows in Croker plus Cork and Belfast. It beggars belief that they would not have penciled in at least two dates in Dublin on this tour.

I'd still be very hopeful of at least one more night being announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

They should have multiple stage set ups that they can be shipping one while using another

Advertisement