Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    They should have multiple stage set ups that they can be shipping one while using another

They do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    They should have multiple stage set ups that they can be shipping one while using another

They probably have at least three. At anyone time, No1 being dismantled, whilst No2 being played on, whilst No3 being assembled.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    They probably have at least three. At anyone time, No1 being dismantled, whilst No2 being played on, whilst No3 being assembled.

I read they have two. Which would make sense if you think about it.

Stage 1 does concert locations A,C,E
    Stage 2 does convert locations B,D,F

Of course I am just guessing on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I bought a ticket off Viagogo for a gig ,it was below face value, and it never showed up.
    I couldnt get in contact with anyone in Viagogo ,they dont even have a contact number.

I bought tickets from viagogo for Ub40 in Amsterdam I think they were about €25 above face value, collected at the gig no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

Pretty much all big tours will have two or three stage rigs that leapfrog each other around the venues but there is also going to be a smaller load of equipment that goes to every show. Then there' the band who aren't getting any younger and will need nights off, the poor pets :)

• Advertisement

But looking at Seatwave ,there are very few tickets for sale ,400 so I dont think the touts bought many ,even though they easily could as you rightly say.
    400 out of 80,000 ,that's 0.5% ,a pittance.

Of course they could be drip feeding the supply on there to increase demand .
    Seatwave isn't the only marketplace for touts...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just saw this on U2.com ,not looking good for an extra Dublin gig
    Due to overwhelming demand for tickets following this morning's public onsale, four additional shows have been added to finalise the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 this summer.
    These second shows will be at Twickenham, London on July 9th, the Olympic Stadium in Rome on July 16th, the Stade de France in Paris on July 26th and the Amsterdam Arena on July 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/u2-tickets-snapped-up-in-under-six-minutes-as-second-date-is-ruled-out-35370770.html

It was rumoured that a second date would be added to the Irish tour but a spokesperson told Independent.ie that there is "only one date".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It is shocking how quick concerts "supposedly" sell out on ticketmaster. Ie! Why can't we have an interactive seating plan to choose the exact seat / location we want!? I have seen this used for a lot of European shows, including the tickets for U2 in Berlin as sold by ticketmaster. De.

Ireland for its size is surely one of the biggest gig going countries and countless bands have reported on how much they love coming here. So why do we get treated like crap by ticketmaster!? Let us see the available tickets and colour code the areas in line with the availability!

As soon as this tour was announced I thought U2 would have the closing date in Pairc ui Ciomhe, Cork, just like they did in 1987 on the Joshua Tree tour. The stadium I believe is to be completed by the summer so I still suspect this date to be announced. Here's hoping!

I really hope nobody feeds the money grabbing touts, and that they are left with there tickets! The money been charged is horrendous and needs to be stopped! As u2 are selling the optional laminate ticket / memento I presumed the Croke Park gig would be another paperless affair, am I wrong in thinking this?!

Do people still believe this. Do these tickets not appear on a sister site on the same day for often multiples of face value prices? Fools and their money comes to mind.......... pure scam lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It doesn't make sense - why would they play only one gig in Ireland when they're adding second shows to tons of other countries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It doesn't make sense - why would they play only one gig in Ireland when they're adding second shows to tons of other countries?
    yeah, very odd, not like its unforeseen demand or something.

Paddy power had a third gig up as 6/4
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/music/u2-specials/U2-2017-Tour-Specials-11698189.html?force_racing_css=N

There has yet to be anything to fully convince me a 2nd is definitely off the cards though.

I also would have thought croke park would prefer to get 2 gigs rather than another completely separate one, admin & logistics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

for any of you who are not very good at maths.

tons = 4 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rubadub wrote: »
    yeah, very odd, not like its unforeseen demand or something.

Paddy power had a third gig up as 6/4
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/music/u2-specials/U2-2017-Tour-Specials-11698189.html?force_racing_css=N

There has yet to be anything to fully convince me a 2nd is definitely off the cards though.

I also would have thought croke park would prefer to get 2 gigs rather than another completely separate one, admin & logistics etc.

But if Croke Park can only hold three gigs a year, there's only one slot left. Coldplay sold out Croker and added extra dates in Italy, Wales etc. But they couldn't add more to Ireland because of the Croke Park restrictions.

I imagine it's the same here with U2, the 3rd gig is heavily rumoured to be Ed Sheeran and there's simply no room for more gigs even if U2 wanted it.

There's more in favour of it being one gig only such as official spokesperson confirmations, dates and stadium restrictions whereas the only thing In favour of it being two nights is simply hoping there are more dates. The fact that more dates are announced elsewhere and no extra Irish dates have been added reinforces that there is only one gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Only ever planning for 1 gig in Croker is a disgrace. Ireland has been good to U2, for example they have always been allowed live their private lives with little intrusion.

That's just one example, fans have spent thousands on CD's and concerts over the years, if they hadn't been supported here first they never would have gone anywhere.

I'd love to see U2 do a full Irish Tour some time, Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Letterkenny, Kilkenny, Belfast, Derry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

But if Croke Park can only hold three gigs a year, there's only one slot left. Coldplay sold out Croker and added extra dates in Italy, Wales etc. But they couldn't add more to Ireland because of the Croke Park restrictions.

I imagine it's the same here with U2, the 3rd gig is heavily rumoured to be Ed Sheeran and there's simply no room for more gigs even if U2 wanted it.

There's more in favour of it being one gig only such as official spokesperson confirmations, dates and stadium restrictions whereas the only thing In favour of it being two nights is simply hoping there are more dates. The fact that more dates are announced elsewhere and no extra Irish dates have been added reinforces that there is only one gig.

Rumours of the rolling stones being the 3rd act. The third concert will have to be in may or the weekend of 16/17/18 June. Expect it to be an Aiken run event

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

In fairness, these gigs were never expected and most people would have assumed there'd be no new U2 shows until next year in support of SoE. So, I can sorta understand why it would be a short summer hope of NA and Europe and just the one gig in Dublin though I'm as disappointed as anyone at that....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rumours of the rolling stones being the 3rd act. The third concert will have to be in may or the weekend of 16/17/18 June. Expect it to be an Aiken run event

Seriously ?! :eek:
    The Strolling Bones ?! jaysus .......... :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Garth brooks that's why

Seve OB wrote: »
    for any of you who are not very good at maths.

tons = 4 :eek:

Given that Dublin is their home town, the idea of doing multiple second nights elsewhere and not here is bizarre.

sjb25 wrote: »
    Garth brooks that's why

Croker have permission for three concerts though, so a second one should work. Or they could play Aviva?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

My first time ever on ticket master site this morning and I got lucky I think it was because I was only looking for one ticket for my brother. I had phone and tablet with app open, tried twice on tablet to get pitch tickets from 9am no joy and then tried any ticket option on the phone and bingo after about 10 mins I got upper tier 704. I'm hoping this a good spot for him as he is life long fan, anybody tell me if it is, it's row m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

elastico wrote: »
    Only ever planning for 1 gig in Croker is a disgrace. Ireland has been good to U2, for example they have always been allowed live their private lives with little intrusion.

That's just one example, fans have spent thousands on CD's and concerts over the years, if they hadn't been supported here first they never would have gone anywhere.

I'd love to see U2 do a full Irish Tour some time, Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Letterkenny, Kilkenny, Belfast, Derry etc.

I don't think it's fair to blame U2 here without the facts, if the 3rd date is tied up for someone else it's out of their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Bonavox wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to blame U2 here without the facts, if the 3rd date is tied up for someone else it's out of their control.

If that is the case and someone else has the 3rd gig lined up, then it strikes me as a bit odd that they have traded down from the approx. 240K of tickets for 360 to 80K for this one.

Phoenix Park, Slane etc...

And I know that Slane already has GNR.

Someone has misjudged this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

elastico wrote: »

Careful, don't want the facts getting in the way of the moronic, "pay your taxes" outrage among the people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Has someone suggested U2 play Waterford? Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

lambayire wrote: »
    If that is the case and someone else has the 3rd gig lined up, then it strikes me as a bit odd that they have traded down from the approx. 240K of tickets for 360 to 80K for this one.

Given the nostalgia element of this one, maybe they just want to return to Croke Park again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

lambayire wrote: »

Phoenix Park is the only other option and even then, no gigs seem to happen there now

Aviva has too low a capacity, they'd end up doing 5 or 6 dates, which is unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »

God I hope so. Anything but Ed Sheeran but the Rolling Stones would be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Phoenix Park is the only other option and even then, no gigs seem to happen there now

Aviva has too low a capacity, they'd end up doing 5 or 6 dates, which is unrealistic.

Two nights at the Aviva is bigger than one night at Croker. Profit margin is less of course however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

That doesn't mean they weren't allocated. It's completely corporately run, by people in offices. Those tickets are gone and have been assigned to all sorts of packages. They will then also pop up on Seatwave down the line. Watch the documentary, it's crazy.

Any link to the doc?

Advertisement