Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

My first time ever on ticket master site this morning and I got lucky I think it was because I was only looking for one ticket for my brother. I had phone and tablet with app open, tried twice on tablet to get pitch tickets from 9am no joy and then tried any ticket option on the phone and bingo after about 10 mins I got upper tier 704. I'm hoping this a good spot for him as he is life long fan, anybody tell me if it is, it's row m.

Have a look here for an idea (photo view):

https://crokepark.ie/stadiumplan2/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

The Berlin gig has been shown as sold out for a few hours on u2.com, but you can still find tickets on sale on ticketmaster.de. I'd say tickets will be released in dribs and drabs for all the gigs, as someone previously stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Oh thanks a million, well looks like he has a birds eye view lol, hope nothing is blocking from the side of the stage but probably too high up for that to be a problem and I see drinks station is close so he'll be well happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I can see this all turning sour. U2 will announce a second gig and it will sell out. Then they will announce a third gig and that will sell out. A fourth and fifth gig will also sell out. There will be discussions of a sixth gig when a local resident from Terenure complains that 5 shows are to much. There will be a frenzy, some will be against it, most will want all they can play. 2 gigs will be cancelled. Bono will throw a strop and demand they be allowed to play all 5 gigs or else they will just cancel the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

My first time ever on ticket master site this morning and I got lucky I think it was because I was only looking for one ticket for my brother. I had phone and tablet with app open, tried twice on tablet to get pitch tickets from 9am no joy and then tried any ticket option on the phone and bingo after about 10 mins I got upper tier 704. I'm hoping this a good spot for him as he is life long fan, anybody tell me if it is, it's row m.

https://crokepark.ie/stadiumplan2/index.html
    Excellent stand ticket! Row M is 13 rows back from the front and will be inline with the Joshua tree-shaped stage that extends out from the main stage. Fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Seve OB wrote: »
    I can see this all turning sour. U2 will announce a second gig and it will sell out. Then they will announce a third gig and that will sell out. A fourth and fifth gig will also sell out. There will be discussions of a sixth gig when a local resident from Terenure complains that 5 shows are to much. There will be a frenzy, so will be against it, most will want all they can play. 2 gigs will be cancelled. Bono will throw a strop and demand they be allowed to play all 5 gigs or else they will just cancel the lot!

More likely Donald Trump will be elected US President than that happening I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I can see this all turning sour. U2 will announce a second gig and it will sell out. Then they will announce a third gig and that will sell out. A fourth and fifth gig will also sell out. There will be discussions of a sixth gig when a local resident from Terenure complains that 5 shows are to much. There will be a frenzy, some will be against it, most will want all they can play. 2 gigs will be cancelled. Bono will throw a strop and demand they be allowed to play all 5 gigs or else they will just cancel the lot!

Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Very original

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

More likely Donald Trump will be elected US President than that happening I reckon.

:D well The Don is the reason for the gigs in the first place according to the Edge...1987 were turbulent times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What a s**tshow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

From a quick read across the usual U2 forums I frequent it seems very few/hardly any regular posters got tickets for any gig in Europe.
    It seems very suspicious as do the 6 minute Dublin sell out and 4 minute London sell out.

It took Adele a record breaking 45 minutes to shift 70k tickets for her New Zealand gigs and over an hour to sell out Wembley for 2 nights yet U2 can sell out Croke Park in 6 minutes ,I'm not buying that for a minute.
    I'm thinking they have held back a huge amount of the capacity for sale later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

From a quick read across the usual U2 forums I frequent it seems very few/hardly any regular posters got tickets for any gig in Europe.
    It seems very suspicious as do the 6 minute Dublin sell out and 4 minute London sell out.

It took Adele a record breaking 45 minutes to shift 70k tickets for her New Zealand gigs and over an hour to sell out Wembley for 2 nights yet U2 can sell out Croke Park in 6 minutes ,I'm not buying that for a minute.
    I'm thinking they have held back a huge amount of the capacity for sale later on.

Berlin tickets still available - see my post above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

U2 are scum
    They are in cohoots with apple and ticketmaster. No wonder this stuff happens. Total sell outs. All they care about is the profits, not the prdinary fan who got them where they are.It happens every big gig. I'll sit at home with the album on and a few glasses of middleton and let bono enjoy his profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Unless they sold a big chunk of the tickets during presale on Wednesday and Thursday and today was just the 'leftovers'. I don't see how holding back a huge amount of tickets for sale at a later date helps anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Berlin tickets still available - see my post above.

They are indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

U2 are scum
    They are in cohoots with apple and ticketmaster. No wonder this stuff happens. Total sell outs. All they care about is the profits, not the prdinary fan who got them where they are.It happens every big gig. I'll sit at home with the album on and a few glasses of middleton and let bono enjoy his profits.

I can see the headlines now:

"Massively commercial band in stadium sell-out shocker!"

Veloce wrote: »
    They are indeed.

Only single seats from what I just saw .

lukin wrote: »

Would be a nice touch but the boys only care about one thing $$$$$$$$$.

Ireland doesnt seem to exist outside Dublin to them ,well Bono at least.
    Every time I go to a gig in Dublin he thanks people from different parts of Dublin ,no mention of the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just saw on Seatwave, someone's bought 4 tickets in Block 302 Cusack (premium level) at €1k a ticket.

Christ.

• Advertisement

Just saw on Seatwave, someone's bought 4 tickets in Block 302 Cusack (premium level) at €1k a ticket.

Christ.

You know whats funny ,I had 4 tickets in my basket in 302 in the presale but threw them back because I wanted standing .Silly me !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

U2 are scum

honestly, opinions like that should be kept to yourself.

as for the rest of your point, nothing more than pure speculation. you clearly wanted to go, didn't get a ticket and now choose to lay the blame at U2's doorstep (rightly or wrongly)

But you are right, it does happen every big gig.... since..... forever... long before ticketmaster, the internet and seatwave etc. A big band will always sell out, no matter what, so you have to accept you may be lucky and get a ticket, or you may be unlucky and not. Don't go blaming everything on the artist, just because they are big and popular enough to sell out their show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Christ.

#1 rule of sales, create a sense of urgency.

Just because the company that owns both seatwave and ticketmaster appear to be either sold out or it seems that people are snapping up 1k tickets does not mean either is true.

SW appear to have a sale of 4 1k seats, now the €500 seats look like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Christ.

302 isn't even Premium!!

Going to go listen to Radiohead for a while instead, at least I have tickets to see them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Going to go listen to Radiohead for a while instead, at least I have tickets to see them :P

Did you not have any success getting tickets for u2 piratequeen?

If you look at Seatwave ,only 2 of the Pitch 2 listings are in hand .
    I'd say the rest are speculative listings,i.e sell the tickets now at a huge price ,then fulfill the order closer to the concert when more are released.

No, had myself and the OH with both our laptops and phones this morning and no joy. Phones couldn't even open the website, kept crashing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

No, had myself and the OH with both our laptops and phones this morning and no joy. Phones couldn't even open the website, kept crashing :(
    Do you have the TM app on the phones?

• Advertisement

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Do you have the TM app on the phones?
    No, I had heard that it wasn't very reliable in the past and I've previously been able to get tickets for high demand gigs on my phone just using the mobile site so I tried that again...in retrospect it would have made more sense for at least one of us to try the app!

Advertisement