Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Crap. Hard luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

This is my understanding of the difficulty with U2 announcing another Dublin gig.

There are 3 gigs per year sanctioned in Croke Park.

Coldplay and U2 have two of those slots and apparently Ed Sheeran has the 3rd boxed off, but hasn't announced it yet.

U2 are trying to overcome a lot of "red tape" to get a 4th gig sanctioned, hence the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I used the app, used it before to great effect, got 2 €40 tax in 718 upper Davin, 10 rows from front, dead centre to stage, its the price I requested so am delighted to finally tick U2 off my bucket list.
    Can't believe seat wave though, crazy prices, and touts will be pissed as won't get the money until August, 10days after gig

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Just wondering what are the chances of getting tickets for the extra shows added in London, Paris, Rome and Amsterdam? I believe these are going on sale next Monday. Are these tickets sold through Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

poundhound wrote: »
    This is my understanding of the difficulty with U2 announcing another Dublin gig.

There are 3 gigs per year sanctioned in Croke Park.

Coldplay and U2 have two of those slots and apparently Ed Sheeran has the 3rd boxed off, but hasn't announced it yet.

U2 are trying to overcome a lot of "red tape" to get a 4th gig sanctioned, hence the delay.

good luck to them with that considering the drama the garth brooks fiasco turned out.

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote: »
    good luck to them with that considering the drama the garth brooks fiasco turned out.

Maybe the residents like U2 more than Garth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

scudzilla wrote: »
    I used the app, used it before to great effect, got 2 €40 tax in 718 upper Davin, 10 rows from front, dead centre to stage, its the price I requested so am delighted to finally tick U2 off my bucket list.
    Can't believe seat wave though, crazy prices, and touts will be pissed as won't get the money until August, 10days after gig

The main touts will get paid once they deliver the tickets to the buyer.
    It's only small sellers that get paid after the event.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37986329

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Less pissed up chaos at U2 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Do you have the TM app on the phones?
    No, I had heard that it wasn't very reliable in the past and I've previously been able to get tickets for high demand gigs on my phone just using the mobile site so I tried that again...in retrospect it would have made more sense for at least one of us to try the app!
    Well the app failed miserably for me this morning too - as well as on my laptop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

lambayire wrote: »
    302 isn't even Premium!!

Spot on, I was thinking of level 3 in the Aviva!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Seems fairly unlikely.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/u2-322-1309946
    U2‘s next gig of their 360° world tour is in doubt today (July 28), after the band’s custom-built stage was unable to leave Ireland‘s Croke Park due to road blockades staged by local residents.

Around 80 residents protested outside the venue, where last night (July 27) U2 finished a three-night homecoming residency, playing to 240,000 fans.

As a result of the protest, trucks sent to carry the equipment to Sweden for U2‘s gig at Gothenberg‘s Ullevi Stadium on July 31 were unable to make a connecting ferry in time.
    Tour manager Jake Berry says that the equipment will now not make it to Sweden as scheduled.

Shower of bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Less pissed up chaos at U2 tbh

Not as many pink stetsons either.

Seems fairly unlikely.

Shower of bastards.
    Oh yeah I vaguely remember that. Not sure it's fair to complain about the construction work of the stage going up and down when that's an unavoidable feature of hosting a stadium gig? And they had all 3 gigs out of the way in one weekend, so only had to put up with construction as if for one gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Seems fairly unlikely.

Shower of bastards.

The Croke Park residents - a bunch who feel that because they can be outraged, then they should be outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sheeran should just do the decent thing and piss off freeing up a date for a proper act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

fluke wrote:
    The Croke Park residents - a bunch who feel that because they can be outraged, then they should be outraged.

Especially when they could garner a fortune for their houses on air bnb and live it up in a hotel miles away for the weekend if they wanted to.

fluke wrote: »
    They should try make the best of it, last time I was at a Croke Park gig there were a few enterprising residents selling burgers and bottles of water out of their front garden :D

I highly doubt this is the case. They would have known since day one that only one night was available in Croke Park, they would have assumed the demand would exceed this and pushed for a second night in advance of tickets going on sale. The fallout after Garth Brooks was massive and there's no way U2 and management are that naive to book one gig, sell it and THEN worry about a second gig and how to get round the red tape.

The fourth gig in Croke Park won't happen. Simple as. If there's no third act due to play, maybe they'll get their second night but no way will they sell a gig subject to license again and hope to have it cleared up in the meantime.

This is why I hate Ed Sheeran....

Whatever people think of U2, they've been an incredibly important act in music and have written some timeless, important songs, that have defined a generation or two.

Ed Sheeran belongs in a pub with the cack he sings. He has no business playing a venue like Croke Park. His songs are detestable and so to are his fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Whatever people think of U2, they've been an incredibly important act in music and have written some timeless, important songs, that have defined a generation or two.

Ed Sheeran belongs in a pub with the cack he sings. He has no business playing a venue like Croke Park. His songs are detestable and so to are his fans

I like U2 and Ed Sheeran... Where does that leave me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PissFlapsDory

Last time I was at a gig in Croke Park 1987 I think? . U2 were singing "Don't want to work on Maggies Farm no More" Some other eejit was singing about "Let's make Ireland work". Well at least they did sonething...the rest of us in last 30 years. And a bunch of eejits were pledging jobs on RTE. Still trying to figure it out...."and people selling burgers and bottles of water out the window" . And "AirBnB" ....wow how we have progressed sInce 1987.

Bottom line people only go to U2 concert to say they were there, and the instagrams, the kudos, the twitters, the Facebook's etc. Not really about the gig more about saying that you were there. A lot of hype like their original name.

Saw them.in Berlin at S of I tour, great gig primarily because it was a SMALL stadium gig and worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Last time I was at a gig in Croke Park 1987 I think? . U2 were singing "Don't want to work on Maggies Farm no More" Some other eejit was singing about "Let's make Ireland work". Well at least they did sonething...the rest of us in last 30 years. And a bunch of eejits were pledging jobs on RTE. Still trying to figure it out...."and people selling burgers and bottles of water out the window" . And "AirBnB" ....wow how we have progressed sInce 1987.

Bottom line people only go to U2 concert to say they were there, and the instagrams, the kudos, the twitters, the Facebook's etc. Not really about the gig more about saying that you were there. A lot of hype like their original name.

Saw them.in Berlin at S of I tour, great gig primarily because it was a SMALL stadium gig and worth the price.

Thanks for the throwback and the observation on modern life ...,
    but what has that got to do with U2 in Croke Park, and peoples attempts to get a very limited amount of tickets for a band they love ...?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Bottom line people only go to U2 concert to say they were there, and the instagrams, the kudos, the twitters, the Facebook's etc. Not really about the gig more about saying that you were there.

I'm going because I like their music and I like hearing it live. I couldn't give a flying fup who knows I'm there or not.

Actually, JT is my favourite U2 album (and one of my all time favourite albums) and I'd love to see it performed live, in full. I didn't get to go to the I&E gigs because I didn't have money at the time for tickets so I was really hoping to make it to this...couldn't care less whether people knew I was going or not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I'd say the rest are speculative listings,i.e sell the tickets now at a huge price ,then fulfill the order closer to the concert when more are released.

Bit of a risky scenario that, because if you fail to come up with the tickets, Seatwave will charge the credit card you registered with them (during the sell tickets process) the amount for similar tickets, regardless of price.

I like U2 and Ed Sheeran... Where does that leave me?

A confused teenager.... Female

If not, then I'd be worried if I were you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

as much as I probably would agree with you about Ed, it is a bit disingenuous to say crap like that. he has the following to sell albums and tickets so fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Sheeran should just do the decent thing and piss off freeing up a date for a proper act.

Was saying the same thing about Wankplay this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Would rather have the stones play the third gig if U2 couldn't get the other gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Bottom line people only go to U2 concert to say they were there, and the instagrams, the kudos, the twitters, the Facebook's etc. Not really about the gig more about saying that you were there.

nearly 1600 comments here and that's one of the most stupid so far :rolleyes:

Advertisement