Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

"He needs to pay his taxes"
    "Dodging tax *****"
    "Better if Bono paid his taxes"

Unless I'm very wrong, Bono, Adam and Larry all live here so therefore, as residents of the country, they pay taxes. They just happen to base their business outside the country to pay a lower rate of tax.

So, why the ridiculous ignorant remarks?

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Ticketmaster seem to measure demand for concerts on their site, once they go up for sale, and start moving them on to their Seatwave touting wing after 15 minutes of sale, once they measure that demand is particularly high. It's a disgusting practice, that someone needs to take action against

I presume it's called "free enterprise" and "market led forces". I agree with you, it's disgusting, but I don't see it changing any time soon.

Even back in the day of old fashioned queueing, there were allegations of ticket venues withholding tickets and selling out too early and disappointed fans.

I couldn't get myself to lay out 50 quid to the U2 website, just for the privilege of purchasing a ticket early- i thought that was a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

"Go get a taxi and a pizza cos it's like the only way to meet her"

If he has the sort of following that buys utter ****e like that, then he's welcome to them.

Paul Simon still breaks out in cold sweats over that lyric

EDIT: You just said you agree with me about him ffs :D

Sorry no idea what you mean about the pizza bad taxi.

I agree with you in so far as I have no will to go and see him or buy his records. Thing is I don't know much about him at all.

But FFS! People are entitled to like what they want. Just cause you or me have no interest in him, doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to play the big venues. I'm sure there are many with the same opinions about U2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

weadick wrote: »
    One of the things that annoys me most about Croke Park. For a 'home' gig theres always some amount of people standing there with their arms folded looking bored.

The band wagoners/Facebook brigade.

Only there because its the in thing and they can publicise it on Friendface.
    They will probably spend half their time going to the bar ,talking during the slow songs ,get wasted and start a fight.
    These people are a blight on society.

So we're the other eejits not correct?

That sentence actually makes no grammatical sense. So maybe you are an eejit;)

• Advertisement

One of the things that annoys me most about Croke Park. For a 'home' gig theres always some amount of people standing there with their arms folded looking bored.

Is that not for most gigs though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

"He needs to pay his taxes"
    "Dodging tax *****"
    "Better if Bono paid his taxes"

Unless I'm very wrong, Bono, Adam and Larry all live here so therefore, as residents of the country, they pay taxes. They just happen to base their business outside the country to pay a lower rate of tax.

So, why the ridiculous ignorant remarks?

Because Bono regularly gets all pious about corporations needing to pay their fair share of tax and then U2 do exactly what these corporations are doing in order to reduce their tax bill.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Sorry no idea what you mean about the pizza bad taxi.

I agree with you in so far as I have no will to go and see him or buy his records. Thing is I don't know much about him at all.

But FFS! People are entitled to like what they want. Just cause you or me have no interest in him, doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to play the big venues. I'm sure there are many with the same opinions about U2

It's the lyrics to one of his songs.

I know a lot about him. Forced to listen to his two albums, for months on end, to the point where I can tell you what notes he sings and in what bar of the song. :(

He's utterly dreadful and I'm not afraid to say it. I can see the merit and attraction in all music that isn't rap, but he's a different kettle of fish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

"Go get a taxi and a pizza cos it's like the only way to meet her"

If he has the sort of following that buys utter ****e like that, then he's welcome to them.

Paul Simon still breaks out in cold sweats over that lyric

EDIT: You just said you agree with me about him ffs :D

have you just made up that lyric? googled it and i couldn't find what song of his that was?

I checked U2's Elevation lyrics though:

A mole
    Digging in a hole
    Digging up my soul now
    Going down, excavation

I and I
    In the sky
    You make me feel like I can fly
    So high
    Elevation

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not sure a U2 fan has much of the moral high-ground here tbh.

Because Bono regularly gets all pious about corporations needing to pay their fair share of tax and then U2 do exactly what these corporations are doing in order to reduce their tax bill.

But, Apple, Facebook etc have operations based here.
    U2's main business is based in Holland.

Why should U2 base their main business here? They're under no obligation to do so. I'm sure they pay the fair amount in Holland

• Advertisement

have you just made up that lyric? googled it and i couldn't find what song of his that was?

I checked U2's Elevation lyrics though:

A mole
    Digging in a hole
    Digging up my soul now
    Going down, excavation

I and I
    In the sky
    You make me feel like I can fly
    So high
    Elevation

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not sure a U2 fan has much of the moral high-ground here tbh.

Yeah, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop....No moral high ground at all :rolleyes:

I've never heard him get all pious about anybody not paying their fair share of tax ever. He does a lot though to fundraise and raise awareness for the Third World, hunger, Aids, genocide etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PissFlapsDory

To be honest,he had a point.I'd be surprised if 30,000 of the crowd even own The Joshua Tree.How many of them will be singing along with 'One Tree Hill'?

Very very very true.

Yeah, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop....No moral high ground at all :rolleyes:

yep, probably lots of atrocious lyrics on those too if you take random lines.

at least Ed Sheeran would be playing Croke Park off the back of new music, not fleecing fans on a nostalgia money-making exercise, possibly in cahoots with Seatwave....

yep, probably lots of atrocious lyrics on those too.

at least Ed Sheeran would be playing Croke Park off the back of new music, not fleecing fans on a nostalgia money-making exercise, possibly in cahoots with Seatwave....

Ah basically you hate U2 and love to have a good moan.

Should probably **** off outta here tbh. Thread not going to do you much good

Perhaps the Ed Sheeran thread would be more to your taste?

It's the lyrics to one of his songs.

I know a lot about him. Forced to listen to his two albums, for months on end, to the point where I can tell you what notes he sings and in what bar of the song. :(

He's utterly dreadful and I'm not afraid to say it. I can see the merit and attraction in all music that isn't rap, but he's a different kettle of fish

Lol. Have to agree with you about Rap.... V funny

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

just got it in my email:

Four more shows have been added to complete the dates on the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.

The band will play second nights at Twickenham, London on July 9th, the Olympic Stadium in Rome on July 16th, the Stade de France in Paris on July 26th and the Amsterdam Arena on July 30th.

Tickets for these shows will go on general sale next Monday, January 23rd.

no second night for Dublin.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

How many standing tickets get put aside for the pre sale? I want to get tickets to London but I dont want to fork out 50 quid and still not get tickets. From peoples experience, what are the chances of getting standing tickets in the pre sale? Cheers.

nope, i'm going to see U2 in London.

but your criticism of Ed Sheeran being unworthy to play in Croke Park is laughable nonsense really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You're one to talk. Don't think you've contributed anything to this thread only a remarkable ability to gloat and piss all over the opinions of other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

U2 bought the people in the Stephens Green que pizza last night

For the price were paying for tickets we should get an open bar for the show lol

nope, i'm going to see U2 in London.

but your criticism of Ed Sheeran being unworthy to play in Croke Park is laughable nonsense really.

No, what's laughable is you having a pop at U2 and thrown digs at them, but are paying through the nose to go to London to see them :D:D:D

As for Ed Sheeran, it's not laughable that I think a guy, strumming just an acoustic guitar, singing pub standard songs, is unworthy to be playing a venue such as a stadium....But, let your ignorance run wild. I don't care

anna080 wrote: »
    You're one to talk. Don't think you've contributed anything to this thread only a remarkable ability to gloat and piss all over the opinions of other people.

I'm not pissing on your opinion....Far from it.

I'm wiping my arse with yours

I'm not pissing on your opinion....Far from it.

I'm wiping my arse with yours

Lol. Get a life.

No, what's laughable is you having a pop at U2 and thrown digs at them, but are paying through the nose to go to London to see them :D:D:D
    not paying at all, going to be in London that weekend already and getting a freebie. might stand there with my arms folded annoying all the precious U2 fans who can't take a little criticism of their beloved band and some of their dreadful lyrics. :D

not paying at all, going to be in London that weekend already and getting a freebie. might stand there with my arms folded annoying all the precious U2 fans who can't take a little criticism of their beloved band and some of their dreadful lyrics. :D

Why you going to see a band that you think is ****?

You're just going to have a crap night.

Lol. Get a life.

I have one thanks. Better than you can imagine my dear.

Hard luck

I have one thanks. Better than you can imagine my dear.

Hard luck

Sure pal.

Why you going to see a band that you think is ****?

You're just going to have a crap night.

i don't think the band is **** :confused:

some of their stuff is good, some of their stuff (eg. Elevation that you got really upset about) is utter crap.

at least this is a money-making, rinse-the-fans JT/greatest hits tour so there'll be less of the rubbish they've been making for the last 15 years.

• Advertisement

Sure pal.

Trust me, it is ;)

Advertisement