Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

i don't think the band is ****

some of their stuff is good, some of their stuff (eg. Elevation that you got really upset about) is utter crap.

at least this is a money-making, rinse-the-fans JT/greatest hits tour so there'll be less of the rubbish they've been making for the last 15 years.

Pretty bad of you to assume such things. I actually hate Elevation and hated hearing it at gigs I've been at.

Most tours are money grabbing these days. The way music sale have gone, touring is the only way to make money it seems for the elders of music

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

This thread is really bringing out the worst in people. Time to unfollow. Hope everyone who got tickets has a great time. And anyone who didn't sure you never know if there is a second one you could be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PissFlapsDory

martin101 wrote: »
    This thread is really bringing out the worst in people. Time to unfollow. Hope everyone who got tickets has a great time. And anyone who didn't sure you never know if there is a second one you could be lucky.

I'm a roadie on this tour. Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

ghostdancer has been fishing for "bites" in here for almost a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

To everyone defending Ticketmaster's Seatwave disgrace because of "peace of mind" and "security" for purchasers and sellers, this would be fine if they implemented a remarkably simple code on their website which blocked any tickets from being sold above face value. Without this, it's an officially sanctioned touting scam, plain and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Ticketmaster seem to measure demand for concerts on their site, once they go up for sale, and start moving them on to their Seatwave touting wing after 15 minutes of sale, once they measure that demand is particularly high. It's a disgusting practice, that someone needs to take action against

Or some "fans" who had a presale code listed them before the rest went on sale today..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Or some "fans" who had a presale code listed them before the rest went on sale today..

Yeah I agree. I think people underestimate the amount of touts these days. Sure ticketmaster aren't saints but there are a serious amount of touts out there with multiple addresses and cards and are making a living off this thing buying 50+ tickets a pop through loads of cards.

They are a bigger problem than Ticketmaster. Get rid of Seatwave, and you've still got Viagogo, Stubhub, eBay, Donedeal, Gumtree among others.

It's the professional touts that go under the radar because everyone focuses on ticketmaster.

Yeah I agree. I think people underestimate the amount of touts these days. Sure ticketmaster aren't saints but there are a serious amount of touts out there with multiple addresses and cards and are making a living off this thing buying 50+ tickets a pop through loads of cards.

They are a bigger problem than Ticketmaster. Get rid of Seatwave, and you've still got Viagogo, Stubhub, eBay, Donedeal, Gumtree among others.

It's the professional touts that go under the radar because everyone focuses on ticketmaster.

To be fair, the reason Ticketmaster pisses people off so much is because of their antics last time - in 2014, they enacted a whole heap of anti-tout measures which made life quite difficult for legitimate purchasers (eg, 2 ticket limit made it hard for entire families to go together even if they usually do), while facilitating the very touting they allegedly sought to prevent on their own Seatwave website. That quite rightly left an awful taste in peoples' mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If they did get a second gig, would Noel Gallagher be on board as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I couldn't get myself to lay out 50 quid to the U2 website, just for the privilege of purchasing a ticket early- i thought that was a new low.

That has always been the way (code for subscribers) of the pre sale with U2 dot con com. but this is the first time I have seen the ticket / subscription on the TM site (for U2 I mean).
    I can see the merit and attraction in all music that isn't rap

Never forget that RAP is 75% CRAP

Got any spares for the gig???? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

To be fair, the reason Ticketmaster pisses people off so much is because of their antics last time - in 2014, they enacted a whole heap of anti-tout measures which made life quite difficult for legitimate purchasers (eg, 2 ticket limit made it hard for entire families to go together even if they usually do), while facilitating the very touting they allegedly sought to prevent on their own Seatwave website. That quite rightly left an awful taste in peoples' mouths.

Seatwave wasn't in Ireland in 2014?

People under estimate the greed if society

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Infractions issued and users banned for abusive messages. More will follow.

martin101 wrote: »
    Hope everyone who got tickets has a great time. And anyone who didn't sure you never know if there is a second one you could be lucky.

Sums up any Gig thread - yes martin101, +1- best of luck to all who are attending on the night- have a great evening, I'm sure it will be a very special concert.

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Seatwave wasn't in Ireland in 2014?

People under estimate the greed if society

Should've said 2015, sorry - and seatwave was definitely implicated for that tour (I+e), same situation in that tickets sold out in minutes and then appeared on Seateave for 5x face value.

Ticketmaster are an absolute disgrace for tolerating this and if there's one good thing to come out of it it's that politicians are now talking about outlawing it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stacksey wrote: »

Not really, that's free market in action and fair enough, the outrageous bit is the artificial constriction of supply in the actual public sale (via the presale in which I admit to being complicit in giving in and paying the 50 shekels to get my nose in/ticketwankers use of seatwank to bump their margins etc...).

ITT: economic libertarianism :D:D:D

Just because it makes sense under free market principles, doesn't make it ethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

yep, probably lots of atrocious lyrics on those too if you take random lines.

at least Ed Sheeran would be playing Croke Park off the back of new music, not fleecing fans on a nostalgia money-making exercise, possibly in cahoots with Seatwave....

Sweet the sin
    Bitter taste in my mouth
    I see seven towers
    But I only see one way out
    You got to cry without weeping
    Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice
    You know I took the poison
    From the poison stream
    Then I floated out of here

You sir, haven't a notion!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

In fairness the seller is chucking free postage and packaging in his 1500% mark up in the face value price. For tickets that could amount to 72c saving plus a potentially reusable envelope. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

very apt username, must be a prize "one".
    if it was put up for 100,000 would you be more outraged?

I have said a few times I reckon journos put those up, check completed listings for what they actually sell for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Would they not head down to cork and play a 2 or 3 nights down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Its extremely annoying that there's two dates in most countries except for their own :-( :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Its extremely annoying that there's two dates in most countries except for their own :-( :-(

Apt username :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Perfectly legal, but disgusting, and not in the right spirit at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its sad that we cant see to do anything properly in this country .

U2's Dublin Popmart concert in the Phoenix Park was cancelled because the event was not financially viable, due to huge insurance costs.

For the Elevation tour we had no suitable indoor venue so had to use an indoor stage setup in a huge open air venue like Slane.

For Vertigo ,the stage in Croke Park had to be built up on Hill 16 meaning it was far too high for proper visibility for people on the pitch.

The 360 tour was not the proper 360 degree stage setup and had reduced audio levels due to the residents.

The I+E tour was delayed for months as it was thought the stage wouldn't fit into the 3arena .

Now we only get 1 concert instead of the minimum required 2 for this tour .

Its a complete farce ,we cant seem to do anything properly in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Would they not head down to cork and play a 2 or 3 nights down there?

Or up to Belfast for a night or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Have an unused access code that can be used in the upcoming presales this week for the second dates in London, Rome, Paris & Amsterdam.

Anyone with 4 spares / 4 tickets they are unhappy with for the Dublin gig want to exchange for tickets for any of these second dates?
    All Croke park tickets considered (but preferably 4 seated together). Would obviously resolve the price difference so no-one is out of pocket.

PM me if interested.

@Mods:I hope its ok to mention this in this thread, if not I apologize and please delete this post.

Its sad that we cant see to do anything properly in this country .

U2's Dublin Popmart concert in the Phoenix Park was cancelled because the event was not financially viable, due to huge insurance costs.

For the Elevation tour we had no suitable indoor venue so had to use an indoor stage setup in a huge open air venue like Slane.

For Vertigo ,the stage in Croke Park had to be built up on Hill 16 meaning it was far too high for proper visibility for people on the pitch.

The 360 tour was not the proper 360 degree stage setup and had reduced audio levels due to the residents.

The I+E tour was delayed for months as it was thought the stage wouldn't fit into the 3arena .

Now we only get 1 concert instead of the minimum required 2 for this tour .

Its a complete farce ,we cant seem to do anything properly in this country.

Could be worse, could live in Australia and constantly be left out of tours altogether :P

• Advertisement

I remember I went to U2 Popmart in Madrid around 20 years ago. It was great. Tickets were half the price of Dublin, and got one handy enough. They played the Vincent Calderon stadium. Was a beautiful summer night, and had a seat in the stand. Who needs Dublin

Advertisement