Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Maria123 wrote: »
    Are public sale tickets going to be available on u2.com or ticketmaster? Does anyone know what time does the public sale start next Monday?

Ticketmaster. 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

SteM wrote: »
    8 tickets per person on the general sale, what a ****ing joke. Ticketmaster and promoters really don't care about touting at all.
    They do. To the point that they've set up their own touting websites now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ts_editor wrote: »
    The date at least matches this list that's being touted around Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/scottgum/status/817852117239087105

C1mX6h2WEAEDOM1.jpg

I offer no assurance of it's validity. Can't be only Pearl Jam fans who mock-up fake tour itineraries.

few of those dates not matching up. eg june 11. others you can see they will announce an extra night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I had to go into "My Account" and it had the group on the left.

Found it there, thanks a lot! Wednesday morning it is so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Can the presale code only be used for one show? For example say if you buy two tickets to Croke Pk with your code can you use the same code for another city, or do you have to use it in one go?

• Advertisement

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Can the presale code only be used for one show? For example say if you buy two tickets to Croke Pk with your code can you use the same code for another city, or do you have to use it in one go?

If its 4 tickets, I think you can buy 2 each for different shows.
    is it deffo 4?
    was only 2 for the last few in my recollection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I signed up to U2.com just now but will I get a pre-sale code for Wednesday?
    In "my account info" it says I am in the "Wires" group and there is a code just below that. That isn't the presale code is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

lukin wrote: »
    I signed up to U2.com just now but will I get a pre-sale code for Wednesday?
    In "my account info" it says I am in the "Wires" group and there is a code just below that. That isn't the presale code is it?

That's it.

Wires group have access on Thursday at 9. 24 hours after the Presale goes live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Seve it's definitely 4. Stadiums this time, last time was arenas hence the 2 limit.

lukin that's the code. You're allowed to access the presale Thursday (wires).

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

Do the 4 tickets have to be in the same price band?
    e.g Can we get 2 standing and 2 seated for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Thanks Veloce and johnpatrick81. Phew that is a relief, I thought I would have to wait to get the presale code in the post and that it would come after Wednesday. Probably the biggest waste of 50 dollars I ever spent but I'll give it a go anyway.

Gonna have to wait for the public presale, if the 360 gigs & Coldplay gig are anything to go by it'll be very hard to get tickets :( I imagine they'll add an extra Dublin date though- how many gigs are allowed in Croke Park per year, 3?

I wonder would it really be necessary to have a code for some of the European shows, you'd prob still have a decent chance of getting tickets without?

BTW they are fairly pricey for a stadium concert...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

As usual a large chunk of the tickets will never be available to the public in the general sale. Then after the gig has "sold out" ticketmaster will throw all these tickets up on seatwave for 3 times the price. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomahawk777

The hotels are on the ball anyway, Maldron hotel, Parnell Sq for the Saturday €254.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are the support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The hotels are on the ball anyway, Maldron hotel, Parnell Sq for the Saturday €254.

"Welcome sir, you stupid cúnt".

maldron-hotel-parnell.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Apologies if I am asking something thats already answered but did anyone renew or subscribe this morning to the paid membership for U2.com & get the pre-sale code?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

robo wrote: »
    Apologies if I am asking something thats already answered but did anyone renew or subscribe this morning to the paid membership for U2.com & get the pre-sale code?

yep, new subscription this morning, in the "wires" group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

robo wrote: »

Think lukin did so - see a couple of posts above to confirm. He/she got the presale code for Thursday.

• Advertisement

I'm actually thinking of driving up and down to Dublin on the day if I go to to Croke Park. No way I'm paying 200 quid to those pr1cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As I thought the tour is just a cynical attempt to screw as much money out of fans in as few gigs as possible.

186 euro plus fees for the top priced seats in Croke Park .
    £170 plus fees for the top prices seats in Twickenham.

And U2 are now resorting to selling Gold Hot Ticket packages for 314 euro .
    Bring back Paul Mc Guinness ,that Oseary guy is too greedy .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

in the red hill group so hopefully i pick up tickets weds morning

going to try and get Hogan Stand tickets as the Cusack Stand side can be a bit of a pain to get into and i remember waiting about an hour to get through the security check gate for Bruce Springsteen last year

Looking forward too it, with the hits starting off the Joshua Tree album will they perform the album backwards and end with WTSHNN and start the seq with Mothers Of The Disappeared ???. Springsteen performed The River from Start to Finish but that had less mega hits on it than Joshua Tree has (JT has Streets, ISHFWILF and With Or Without you)

16591s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I wonder will the residence in croke park wreck it for everyone again with their awkwardness? Any croker show i have been to was at least half an hour shorter than other european concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

These are the bizarre ticket limits for the US tour

There is a 4 ticket limit during the presale, a 6 ticket limit for the first day of the public onsale, and no limit after.

I miss Propaganda. Pre-sale came in the post, a magazine every quarter and Melon remixes :D

I sign up for the website, but nearly never look at it, would much rather get a magazine (and I hate & despise magazines) and read it cover to cover. Invarabily to much crap on the website. A magazine once a quarter with the best of the website articles would be a great option.

I've forgotten sometimes to renew my sub and as a result have been left out in the cold when it came to pre-sales. Also bugs me that you have to wait to find out what the gift will be. I renewed last August as the missus was looking for ideas for a birthday pressie, but but had probably been out of subscription for a good few months. I got Red Hill pre sale, but I'm not sure if that's because of my history of being a member over the years, or just because I signed up a few months ago. My suspicions is the latter. Long term members should be exactly that, a member who has subscribed over multiple years. Maybe have a medium tier pre sale code and then one for the band waggoners

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will the E110 (E7 TM charges) seated tickets be good and where they will be located ??

You dont have much time to choose seated categories/sections for shows like these cause they sell out so fast

E186 (E7 TM charges) are the top price tickets but that doesent mean you will have spectacular views

Id love tickets in the middle/back of the lower tiers (Hogan) or the front rows of the Upper. Was in 307 for Bruce Springsteen and the view/sound was good

Seve OB wrote: »
    I miss Propaganda. Pre-sale came in the post, a magazine every quarter and Melon remixes :D

I sign up for the website, but nearly never look at it, would much rather get a magazine (and I hate & despise magazines) and read it cover to cover. Invarabily to much crap on the website. A magazine once a quarter with the best of the website articles would be a great option.

I've forgotten sometimes to renew my sub and as a result have been left out in the cold when it came to pre-sales. Also bugs me that you have to wait to find out what the gift will be. I renewed last August as the missus was looking for ideas for a birthday pressie, but but had probably been out of subscription for a good few months. I got Red Hill pre sale, but I'm not sure if that's because of my history of being a member over the years, or just because I signed up a few months ago. My suspicions is the latter. Long term members should be exactly that, a member who has subscribed over multiple years. Maybe have a medium tier pre sale code and then one for the band waggoners

For the 360 tours I distinctly remember there were 3 tiers of member pre-sales. Tickets are expensive enough though that I can't justify adding on more to join for the pre sale. Will just have to hedge my bets in the public sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Seve OB wrote: »

By 'band waggoners' I assume you mean the people that have no interest in paying €50pa for access to a website and a 'gift' in the hope that the band will announce a tour that year?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Joshua Tree has (JT has Streets, ISHFWILF and With Or Without you)

& Bullet & Stand Still to top off the mega hits that everybody probably knows.

OF course the other stuff is equally as awesome

Advertisement