Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

From what I can see, the credit card entry seats system doesn't work either as the touts purchase the tickets with prepaid credit cards and then just sell the credit card ! I've read that's what's been done in the US where they've limited seats to credit card sales only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

v10 wrote: »
    From what I can see, the credit card entry seats system doesn't work either as the touts purchase the tickets with prepaid credit cards and then just sell the credit card ! I've read that's what's been done in the US where they've limited seats to credit card sales only.

B*stards have a way around everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

v10 wrote: »

Yes that is what they do.
    Stubhub say that they do not allow this type of selling ,only paper or pdf tickets,but its widely acknowledged that they allow their bigger sellers to sell prepaid cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Thought prepaid cards had no name on them?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

In the US you can get personalised prepaid cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

If I want to get tickets for the London gig how do I get them sent to Ireland. It only lets me give a UK address

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    If I want to get tickets for the London gig how do I get them sent to Ireland. It only lets me give a UK address

You need to choose the non collector edition tickets .

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

For the London gig and Republic of Ireland customers, is the only option to mail the tickets to you? When are they typically mailed - months/weeks/days before the gig? Is there an option to print the tickets at home?

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    For the London gig and Republic of Ireland customers, is the only option to mail the tickets to you? When are they typically mailed - months/weeks/days before the gig? Is there an option to print the tickets at home?

Only option is paper tickets yes ,even Uk customers.
    Ive only bought paper tickets off Ticketmaster Uk a few times before but they usually send them out a minimum of a month beforehand .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Can't believe people support the photo I'd/ credit card nonsense.
    I got myself into a right tizzy when my wife purchased my u2 tickets for the 3 arena shows.She has no interest in U2 and simply helped me out because I was at work.
    Like an eejit, landed up to the venue with her passport,credit card and a sob story if necessary.
    Yer man at the door barely made eye contact,scanned the card,and I was in.
    All that fretting for nothing.
    Your story only further makes me think its a good idea. An eejit would have turned up with nothing and expected to get in. I did not hear of any case of people not getting into U2 who had made a reasonable effort (as you did) and had not bought off touts -I only heard hypothecial complaints of refusals which never happened "your saying if my wife bought me the ticket I can't get in?".

Touts were put off buying, people were put off buying from touts, and the possible security checks did not seem to overly delay the whole thing -as they did not go overboard on checks like people thought they might.
    OU812 wrote: »
    In the US you can get personalised prepaid cards.
    Then the tout would have to know the buyers name in advance? or can it be changed after. Even if they can it would certainly put people off risking buying them.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/creditcardentry
    Can I buy tickets with a gift card or virtual credit card?
    Sorry, you gotta use a credit card – the plastic kind – so it can be swiped at the entrance to find your purchase.

What if the credit card I used expires before the event?
    Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same account number. If you destroyed the old card and your new one has a different account number, please contact Fan Support.

Can I sell Credit Card Entry tickets?
    That’s up to the artist, team, or venue! If they give the green light you’ll see a Sell button when you click the order number under Order History in My Account.

If you don’t see the Sell button it’s probably because the tickets are in high demand, and the artist, team, or venue wants true fans like you to get the seats you want at face value by eliminating unfair competition from professional scalpers. Without the ability to resell tickets at steep prices, scalpers have no reason to snatch them up when they go on sale using automated software, or “bots”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Looks like you can't just buy tickets and sign up to the fan club on Ticketmaster UK. Was considering it for the second concert over there as couldn't get tickets for the first night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Great opportunity here for somebody to get in there and ruffle some feathers.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/i6kbqt

Chivito550 wrote: »

jaysus, I'd be up for that job - but i'm happy where I am for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Chivito550 wrote: »

Everyone that has posted their disgust at Ticketmaster and seatwave should all apply for this job!
    Wouldn't they love to be bombarded with applicants ..... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Seve OB wrote: »
    Looks like you can't just buy tickets and sign up to the fan club on Ticketmaster UK. Was considering it for the second concert over there as couldn't get tickets for the first night

Many thanks to a certain fellow boardsie who kindly tipped me off.

Tickets now available to buy with a fan club subscription £45.

I kept crashing out, but it finally went through.

So I probably searched 10 times, and was always offered standing tickets.

Twickenham the 9th by the way.

I also bought on my existing ticket master account, through the .ie site

Have an unused access code that can be used in the presales today/tomorrow for the second dates in London, Rome, Paris & Amsterdam.

Anyone with 4 spares / 4 tickets they are unhappy with for the Dublin gig want to exchange for tickets for any of these second dates?

All Croke park tickets considered (but preferably 4 seated together). Would obviously resolve the price difference so no-one is out of pocket.

PM me if interested.

Clarification:
    I am NOT giving away this code.
    I am looking to EXCHANGE 4 tickets for any of the
    second dates in London, Rome, Paris & Amsterdam for 4 tickets (spares/unwanted) in Dublin. You tell me the second date venue / ticket type you want and I will buy them today/tomorrow in the presales.

TIME IS TICKING - ACT QUICK IF INTERESTED icon_cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Have an unused access code that can be used in the presales today/tomorrow for the second dates in London, Rome, Paris & Amsterdam.

Anyone with 4 spares / 4 tickets they are unhappy with for the Dublin gig want to exchange for tickets for any of these second dates?

All Croke park tickets considered (but preferably 4 seated together). Would obviously resolve the price difference so no-one is out of pocket.

PM me if interested.

Try toutless as well.

Try toutless as well.
    Have a thread up there thanks

Ticketmaster bought Fan Club membership.

Just wondering if anyone who bough fan club membership through the TM site has gotten a email yet?

I reckon it will probably be done just like the gift membership.

Makes me think, will I be able to use it then to renew my own membership come the summer, would be handy... but I also wonder then will that mean I won't get dibs on ticket pre-sales next time around....

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Just wondering if anyone who bough fan club membership through the TM site has gotten a email yet?

Makes me think, will I be able to use it then to renew my own membership come the summer, would be handy... but I also wonder then will that mean I won't get dibs on ticket pre-sales next time around....

Nah, no codes through yet. It did say last week that it would be 7-10 days before the email was to be sent out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

No they haven't sent them yet. Rang TM twice and they acted concerned but didn't really do anything about it

lambayire wrote: »
    Nah, no codes through yet. It did say last week that it would be 7-10 days before the email was to be sent out.

are you sure?
    If you have purchased a U2.com subscription, please note you will receive a separate email from Ticketmaster within 30 days of your purchase with information on how to redeem your fan club subscription. Your membership is good for one (1) year of online access, exclusive members-only content from U2.com, early access to tour presales, and includes a unique U2.com subscriber gift. For questions related to your U2.com subscription contact the U2.com

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

This is what I got in the email from TM last week as part of the tiiket confirmation.

Thank you for purchasing a U2.com subscription. You will receive a separate email from Ticketmaster within 7-10 days of your purchase with information on how to redeem your fan club subscription. For questions related to your U2.com subscription contact the U2.com customer service team

Pretty good article here on the Dublin situation

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2017/01/19/u2-ticket-touts-tds-and-irish-times-letter-writers/
    TD's should be looking at the bigger picture when it comes to the live music market and asking, for example, how come the same corporate entity is promoting the U2 tour, managing the band, operating the fan club ,flogging the tickets and operating one of the biggest secondary ticketing markets. Does this have an effect on the market?

Loads of standing tickets left at the moment for all venues in the European presales .
    People can actually get tickets when Ticketmaster actually release tickets instead of pretending to release them like last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anonymous2017

Hopefully you being a long term fan, you got your tickets. The demand was unreal, TM staff were under huge pressure from promoter and band to ensure fan club were looked after.
    No offence mate but your source is telling porkies or just plain wrong. The fan club were not looked after.
    1. The Red Hill Group were not able to buy pitch tickets despite being eligible to buy a day earlier than wires.
    2. The Pitch tickets were not on sale at 9am for Wires. Luckily I got some but only by randomly logging on for a hail mary attempt at 10.30.

3. The biggest fcuk up of all? The Red Zone tickets (the main reason a lot of people subscribe) were available to ANYONE on the Wednesday, no pre-sale code needed.

Part of me can't help but think number three was a deliberate 'mistake' on Ticketmaster's part to drive insane demand for RZ on Seatwave.

I don't know how anyone can call the above 'being looked after'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

3. The biggest fcuk up of all? The Red Zone tickets (the main reason a lot of people subscribe) were available to ANYONE on the Wednesday, no pre-sale code needed.

Part of me can't help but think number three was a deliberate 'mistake' on Ticketmaster's part to drive insane demand for RZ on Seatwave.

I thought it was weird that I didn't have to enter my pre-sale code to buy Red Zone tickets but I was so excited to get the tickets that I didn't think any more about it. Presumably only people with pre-sale codes were trying to buy tickets last Wednesday morning so none of the RZ tickets went to anyone who wasn't a paid-up fan club member.

Also, it doesn't seem to be possible to sell Red Zone tickets on Seatwave as its not listed as an option on the drop down menu. When buying the tickets on Ticketmaster the only option was to collect the tickets at Croke Park with the credit card used to buy them so maybe that prevents them being sold on Seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

No offence mate but your source is telling porkies or just plain wrong. The fan club were not looked after.
    1. The Red Hill Group were not able to buy pitch tickets despite being eligible to buy a day earlier than wires.

I got pitch tickets with no hassle on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

starWave wrote: »

Same here. Didn't get logging on till around 10.30 but got two standing tickets without any issue.

My personal experience from the days of Propaganda is of no real issues with pre-sales down the years and I happily pay the membership for that as well as for the often decent merchandise (CDs, prints, vinyl, books, etc.) sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

starWave wrote: »

myself and a lad in work got pitch tickets on Thursday with out issue (2 for me, 4 for him).

They were there, just had to refresh a few times (both wound up with Pitch 1 which suited us fine tbh).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Did anyone who ordered their tickets through the presale for Croker get their tickets in the post yet?

Advertisement