Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Veloce wrote: »
    Did anyone who ordered their tickets through the presale for Croker get their tickets in the post yet?

Never known TM to be that efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Never known TM to be that efficient.

They do now have an option to pay €5 for them to send your tickets within 5 days of purchase. Total racket.

They do now have an option to pay €5 for them to send your tickets within 5 days of purchase. Total racket.

:eek::eek: WTF? I never seen that before, is there no end to the gouging?.
    I wonder how long it will be before they charge to print your own tickets. Feckers.

Why on earth would that be necessary unless you were a tout and trying to sell them on? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Why on earth would that be necessary unless you were a tout and trying to sell them on? :/

Nice warm cosy feelings of sleeping with the ticket under your pillow for 6 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if you wanted to give them as a present, some would prefer it than a printed a4 sheet.

if you wanted to give them as a present, some would prefer it than a printed a4 sheet.
    Oh I suppose that's valid enough. I've kept a scrapbook for years with all my tickets to gigs, cinema etc but it's getting increasingly more difficult to fill in with the rise of e-tickets and those ugly a4 print outs...guess I'll just have to move with the times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would be disgusted to get a present of a ticket someone and find out they needlessly paid over the odds for it.

I go mental if people I know buy off ticketmaster if tickets were on tickets.ie, not only since they paid over the odds, but they are supporting those scumbags and also taking away profit from the decent people.

rubadub wrote: »
    I would be disgusted to get a present of a ticket someone and find out they needlessly paid over the odds for it.

I go mental if people I know buy off ticketmaster if tickets were on tickets.ie, not only since they paid over the odds, but they are supporting those scumbags and also taking away profit from the decent people.
    Yeah, I always buy tickets from the outlets instead of online if I can too so I don't have to pay their outrageous ticket charges. Got my Radiohead tickets from their own website, was delighted to avoid TM altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Yeah, I always buy tickets from the outlets instead of online if I can too so I don't have to pay their outrageous ticket charges. Got my Radiohead tickets from their own website, was delighted to avoid TM altogether!
    Sandbag knew how to charge fees too though, service fee of €27.70 for 2 tickets plus €10.50 postage

• Advertisement

True but it ended up costing the same as buying from TM because the ticket prices were higher there? Either way I'm always happy not to have to deal with TM. They shouldn't be allowed to have the monopoly they currently enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I met my buddy today who got tickets at a Ticketmaster outlet on Monday morning and he told me that the shop had no pitch tickets ,the woman working there told them all this before 9.
    Only seats available.

Obviously alot of standing tickets were sold in the presale ,some were sold online on Monday and the rest were funneled off for drip selling on Seatwave.

Watching that Dispatches documentary now and am literally fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anonymous2017

starWave wrote: »
    No offence mate but your source is telling porkies or just plain wrong. The fan club were not looked after.
    1. The Red Hill Group were not able to buy pitch tickets despite being eligible to buy a day earlier than wires.

I got pitch tickets with no hassle on Wednesday.
    Pitch 1 tickets or Pitch 2 tickets?
    My understanding was most couldn't get Pitch 2 on the Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Didnt get any tickets to the croker gig!

So trying The london gig 9th july , but never bought for uk?over seas gig !!

Any tips?

thnks guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cramp wrote: »
    Didnt get any tickets to the croker gig!

So trying The london gig 9th july , but never bought for uk?over seas gig !!

Any tips?

thnks guys!!!

Yea I got them no probs the other day for the 9th. Plenty of pitch tickets available

Pitch 1 tickets were easy to get Wed and Thursday but Pitch 2 were extremely difficult.
    I got 3 but had to get them as single tickets and they were only available for a few minutes around 10.30 on the Thursday.
    I only got them because someone on here mentioned it .

Its my belief though that very few Pitch 2 tickets were released in either the presale or general sale .
    They will most likely be released nearer July when they actually know what capacity Pitch 1 and 2 are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

In all the news reports where they showed fans queueing in person, every time they flashed their tickets they were all pitch 2. Maybe the kiosks had printed their allocations and got first dibs on pitch 2.

In all the news reports where they showed fans queueing in person, every time they flashed their tickets they were all pitch 2. Maybe the kiosks had printed their allocations and got first dibs on pitch 2.

My buddy was at a kiosk ,they had no standing tickets at all ,people in the queue were told this before 9 O Clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Shocking!

• Advertisement

I got two pitch 2 tickets on Monday on the TM app at 9.01 so they were there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody else buy tickets for Rome? Any idea when they might be posted? I thought I would get mine within a week but they still have not arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Got pitch 2 on Wednesday. I'd guess most of Pitch 2 was sold on Wednesday, with the remaining sold on Thursday, and was only Pitch 1 left for the general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

No offence mate but your source is telling porkies or just plain wrong. The fan club were not looked after.
    1. The Red Hill Group were not able to buy pitch tickets despite being eligible to buy a day earlier than wires.
    2. The Pitch tickets were not on sale at 9am for Wires. Luckily I got some but only by randomly logging on for a hail mary attempt at 10.30.

3. The biggest fcuk up of all? The Red Zone tickets (the main reason a lot of people subscribe) were available to ANYONE on the Wednesday, no pre-sale code needed.

Part of me can't help but think number three was a deliberate 'mistake' on Ticketmaster's part to drive insane demand for RZ on Seatwave.

I don't know how anyone can call the above 'being looked after'.

What percentage of tickets going to fan club would you say would constitute " looking after fan club " ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Rodgers has been shown up here on the big stage as a rat. A nothing player. Full of handy fluff. Hasn't done it on the big stage since he won the ring.

Rodgers has been shown up here on the big stage as a rat. A nothing player. Full of handy fluff. Hasn't done it on the big stage since he won the ring.

Who the what now?

starWave wrote: »
    Got pitch 2 on Wednesday. I'd guess most of Pitch 2 was sold on Wednesday, with the remaining sold on Thursday, and was only Pitch 1 left for the general sale.

I got pitch 2 in the general sale so they were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Am I right in saying that none of the tickets are credit card entry this time? So as long as you have tickets in hand when you arrive at Croke Park, there will be no need for credit cards or ID checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

That is correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I got 3 standing tickets for London through Ticketmaster IE straight away, pain free. What a change from last week.

Advertisement