Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Same here got standing x2 immediately
    My sis in uk was trying also and her screen didn't update at all and got zero standing tickets !!

On a side note guys we have a single standing ticket for sat 8th July London
    Looking for a straight swap for the sun 9th July gig !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Had a quick gander when I saw the message from Chivito, kinda glad they're gone, well my bank account is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My buddy was at a kiosk ,they had no standing tickets at all ,people in the queue were told this before 9 O Clock.
    was this a stand alone ticketmaster kiosk or just a shop with a ticketmaster machine. Someone else said the same as you but it was a shop, my theory was the staff kept them for themselves -and I reckon its far more likely to happen in a shop than proper kiosk.

I was going to email ticketmaster and ask but they have no email to contact them.

I remember hearing years back they had allocations. I think I read the stephen green one opened late too, and those pictured had "pitch 2" tickets. Maybe they assign more to the place where media will be, imagine that lad camping out since friday was given crap seats.

The only place I ever heard of to get ready printed tickets (in recent times) is soundcellar in dublin. I remember HMV grafton street running out for some gig in the morning but they still had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Just got 2 tickets for Amsterdam, order went through no problem. But they're not for myself sadly! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cramp wrote: »
    Same here got standing x2 immediately
    My sis in uk was trying also and her screen didn't update at all and got zero standing tickets !!

On a side note guys we have a single standing ticket for sat 8th July London
    Looking for a straight swap for the sun 9th July gig !

might be interested in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Seve OB wrote: »
    might be interested in that

Ok I'll
    Send a pm and see what we can do !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/allianz-gaa-national-leagues-dublin-dublin-02-11-2017/event/18005197E00AEA4D?artistid=1571915&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=729

theres an interactive map of Croke park on it and might give an idea where exactly youre seat will be

Im in a seat 21 which is the middle of the row :( , better not have much to drink as i dont want to be bothering people going in and out the whole time but ill make up by recording a few vids on my phone :p:p

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/allianz-gaa-national-leagues-dublin-dublin-02-11-2017/event/18005197E00AEA4D?artistid=1571915&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=729

theres an interactive map of Croke park on it and might give an idea where exactly youre seat will be

Im in a seat 21 which is the middle of the row :( , better not have much to drink as i dont want to be bothering people going in and out the whole time but ill make up by recording a few vids on my phone :p:p

ah sure bring an empty bottle and you'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seve OB wrote: »
    ah sure bring an empty bottle and you'll be grand ;)

backpack with camel bag filled with wine, drain wine into body, drain body into camel bag, hoof said bag at stage when bonobo starts on about 3rd world / threatens to play songs off last few albums / utters phrase "here's wonderwall".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

backpack with camel bag filled with wine, drain wine into body, drain body into camel bag

these are real commercial products.

beer belly
    hide_your_booze_4.jpg

tumblr_mcdd6hVFNx1rt7j2bo1_400.jpg

stadium pal
    185a2163809932a8b64e8e90419a0ee6.jpg

stadium gal
    stadium-gal.jpg

• Advertisement

LMAO... the wine rack, classic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

rubadub wrote: »
    was this a stand alone ticketmaster kiosk or just a shop with a ticketmaster machine. Someone else said the same as you but it was a shop, my theory was the staff kept them for themselves -and I reckon its far more likely to happen in a shop than proper kiosk.

It was a shop with a ticketmaster machine.

I know the owner , to be honest he wouldnt be the type to keep the tickets for himself ,he is a very honest chap.
    Just got 2 tickets for Amsterdam, order went through no problem. But they're not for myself sadly! :-(

Well done
    That Ticketmaster.nl queuing system is rubbish though.
    It seems the earlier you are on the site before 9 the better position you get in the queue .It should be a randomly allocated position in the queue.

Don't let David Walliams see it or he'll be looking for some bitty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

My wifes a hardcore fan, went to the original tour in 198? amongst several other gigs and her hero here (that's me) failed miserably to get her a ticket last week. Should have checked this forum earlier because I knew nothing of the pre sales being available to everyone.:o

If more tickets will become available can anyone give advice about the best times to look for them? Will they not come up until next June or should I do a quick random check on Ticketmaster every morning just in case?

Any help gratefully appreciated. This spare room is awfully cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Hate to say it but your best bet is going to be to wait until much closer to the actual gig, in the weeks leading up to it you'll need to be checking toutless and the like and also just keep checking ticketbastard once a day (depressing I know).

In the meanwhile, i'd suggest thermals and some sort of duvet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

My wifes a hardcore fan, went to the original tour in 198?

30th anniversary so 87. Try on toutless, ask nice, you never know when one might pop up.
    I would advise checking that site as regular as possible after your request.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

My wifes a hardcore fan, went to the original tour in 198? amongst several other gigs and her hero here (that's me) failed miserably to get her a ticket last week. Should have checked this forum earlier because I knew nothing of the pre sales being available to everyone.:o

If more tickets will become available can anyone give advice about the best times to look for them? Will they not come up until next June or should I do a quick random check on Ticketmaster every morning just in case?

Set up an alert on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Did anyone receive their tickets yet especially the collectors tickets?

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive their tickets yet especially the collectors tickets?

No not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Standing tickets from the Thursday in the pre sale just delivered to me! :) (normal printed, not collector version)

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    Standing tickets from the Thursday in the pre sale just delivered to me! :) (normal printed, not collector version)

ordered a collectors ticket so i imagine they will take longer to arrive

not going to worry yet

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

My tickets arrived today. Not the posh ones just the crappy TM ones!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

My friend got a single seated ticket today just by chance when he randomly checked ticketmaster.

Bought it and searched again but no more came up.

Guess we have to keep our eyes peeled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

My friend got a single seated ticket today just by chance when he randomly checked ticketmaster.

Bought it and searched again but no more came up.

Guess we have to keep our eyes peeled

Luckily I'm sorted for this but I'm checking ticketmaster every day for the Coldplay gig. There's single seated tickets available but none together. Ideal would be standing so promising to hear that they have released some more for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Ed Sheeran just announced for Three Arena so doesn't look like he's the reason an extra date wasn't added.

I just noticed now that The Killers will be playing at Hyde Park on the same Saturday U2 are playing Twickenham.
    That will be some weekend .

I came across a good article on speculative ticket selling ,its well worth a read.

https://theringer.com/how-u2-fans-are-getting-squeezed-by-ticket-sellers-c049f88fabbd#.wf72kdsba

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Had my Amsterdam tickets arrive in the post yesterday after buying them on Monday. That was pretty quick!

• Advertisement

got my tickets too!

Advertisement