Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ordered a collectors ticket so i imagine they will take longer to arrive

not going to worry yet

I always find myself stressing about getting the tickets in the post, stressed trying to buy, stressed waiting for delivery, is it really worth it ( I do it every time).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ordered a collectors ticket so i imagine they will take longer to arrive

not going to worry yet

Same here - I've 2 x Collector Tickets due. Will let you know if I get them. It says on order details on TM that they have not yet been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Veloce wrote: »
    Same here - I've 2 x Collector Tickets due. Will let you know if I get them. It says on order details on TM that they have not yet been dispatched.

I wouldn't take any notice of the TM delivery status. I've had tickets in hand for months and they still were 'processing' according to TM. It might as well be random!

I should unfollow this thread, all this talk of people getting their tickets is making me jealous :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I should unfollow this thread, all this talk of people getting their tickets is making me jealous :P

i haven't got either Dublin or London yet so don't worry, you are not alone in feeling jealous
    oh wait, you didn't get any did you :o:D

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    i haven't got either Dublin or London yet so don't worry, you are not alone in feeling jealous
    oh wait, you didn't get any did you :o:D

You're so cruel...

You're so cruel...

I see what you did there :D

Thanks for all the support guys...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sun article so I would take everything with a fistful of salt

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/441233/why-u2-havent-announced-second-gig-in-ireland-after-extra-dates-planned-for-london-rome-and-amsterdam/
    And those left without tickets are particularly irate as sources are ruling out any second concert for Croke Park.

This is despite U2 announcing second dates in London, Rome and Amsterdam yesterday where they are playing a Saturday night show.

Concert sources said it is U2’s own decision not to add a second Dublin date. But U2 previously played three nights at Croke Park on both their 360 and Vertigo tours.

An insider said: “It was only when tickets went on sale yesterday, U2 could see the demand for tickets in each country.

“That’s why they announced more concerts in London, Rome and Amsterdam straight away. It could be they didn’t see that demand in Ireland to put on an extra concert.”
    yeah, who'd have guessed it would sell out!!

also seems the guy who queued for days still was only let buy 2 tickets.
    The die-hard fan, who has seen the band 72 times, plan to buy six tickets for Croke Park but got two.

He added: “They are only selling two tickets to each buyer but I feel like the child in Willie Wonka who got the Golden Ticket!”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

An insider said: “It was only when tickets went on sale yesterday, U2 could see the demand for tickets in each country.

“That’s why they announced more concerts in London, Rome and Amsterdam straight away. It could be they didn’t see that demand in Ireland to put on an extra concert.”

Ah yeah and they just happened to have left free dates in their schedule for these extra concerts,how convenient.

They didn't see the foresight to add a second date for Dublin ,considering that they almost sold it out in the presale .

Pull the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Ah yeah and they just happened to have left free dates in their schedule for these extra concerts,how convenient.

They didn't see the foresight to add a second date for Dublin ,considering that they almost sold it out in the presale .

Pull the other one.

This quote regarding underestimation of demand is a load of nonsense. Complete horsesh1te. Taking fans for fools.

Wooderson wrote: »
    This quote regarding underestimation of demand is a load of nonsense. Complete horsesh1te. Taking fans for fools.

The same lies were peddled when Coldplay couldnt add a second date ,as they supposedly didn't have enough room in their schedule :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

New city added to the middle of the North American leg of the tour today: Louisville, Kentucky on June 16th.

Just illustrates the schedule is not set in stone.

Paramilitary group may be behind U2 ticket touting, expert reveals
    http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/paramilitary-group-behind-u2-ticket-12525068

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thomond9112

Hi guys, don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, I'm fairly new to Boards, but basically I've a choice of three tickets for the Dublin gig, and I'm wondering which would be the best (I've never been to Croker for a concert before)
    I can take one in Section 316 (Lower Davin), Section 708 (Upper Cusack), or Section 335 (Lower Hogan - Side View). Which do ye think would be the best of the three?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Block 708 is the best of the 3 options you have been offered.

Thanks very much, to be honest that's kind of what I was thinking myself, I'd a feeling 316 was too far away and 335 was too close like... Would the atmosphere be as good on the upper tier though? That would be my only fear with 708...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

What rows in 335 and 708?

Row W in 708; Row QQ in 335 (and Row Z in 316)

1. 335 is the best option. Row QQ is 43 rows back from the front so nice and elevated and in line with the Joshua Tree satellite stage.
    2. Then 708. Almost mid level of this upper section so a great view but further from the main stage.
    3. Finally 316. Mid level of this lower section and furthest from the main stage.

PS: I'll take your spares (seriously)!

• Advertisement

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    1. 335 is the best option. Row QQ is 43 rows back from the front so nice and elevated and in line with the Joshua Tree satellite stage.
    2. Then 708.
    I would pick the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Block 335 is too acute of an angle to the stage.
    You wouldn't see Larry for the whole gig.

poundhound wrote: »

side view alright, not ideal, but I would definitely prefer it. There are sites that give views from seats, there is one for croke park 335 but its sport orientated so viewing the centre of the pitch.

While no 100% definite indicator these are seatwave prices for 355
    Hogan Stand - Lower Tier
    Block: 335 - Row: qq

€750.00 Buy
    Hogan Stand - Lower Tier
    Block: 335 - Row: X

€800.00 Buy
    Davin Stand - Lower Tier
    Block: 335 - Row: H

€868.15 Buy
    Hogan Stand - Lower Tier
    Block: 335 - Row: W

€873.98

prices for 707-709, a lot lower as I would expect.
    Cusack Stand - Upper Tier
    Block: 707 - Row: O

€378.73 Buy
    Block: 709 - Row: C

€394.99 Buy
    Block: 708 - Row: E

€430.00 Buy
    Block: 707 - Row: 0

€450.00 Buy
    Block: 709 - Row: Q

€550.00

poundhound wrote: »
    You wouldn't see Larry for the whole gig.
    Depends on the seat number.
    If its nearer 334 then you'd have a better view of the stage.
    If its nearer 336 then you'd have a more angled view of the stage.
    Regardless, of the 3 available, its the closest to the action and in my opinion the best.

Hi guys, don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, I'm fairly new to Boards, but basically I've a choice of three tickets for the Dublin gig, and I'm wondering which would be the best (I've never been to Croker for a concert before)
    I can take one in Section 316 (Lower Davin), Section 708 (Upper Cusack), or Section 335 (Lower Hogan - Side View). Which do ye think would be the best of the three?

Forget the Davin ticket, might as well be standing outside listening, unless you are bringing binoculars.
    It's nice to have a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Has anyone who ordered collector tickets received them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Veloce wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered collector tickets received them yet?

no didnt get mine yet

Email came through this evening with u2.Com code

I'll park it till I need to renew

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Seve OB wrote: »
    Email came through this evening with u2.Com code

I'll park it till I need to renew

Same here wish they would send out tickets though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

http://www.rte.ie/culture/2017/0201/849307-u2-welcome-to-the-cabaret/
    Interesting to see something other that brainless praise on RTE. Excellent article.

Advertisement