Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone still waiting on regular paper tickets to be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

No sign of collector tickets here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

No sign of collector tickets here yet.

Based on Coldplay reports, the collectors tickets won't be out for another month or so. Maybe longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I meant the non collector ones? Anyone else still waiting for those?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wheety wrote: »
    I meant the non collector ones? Anyone else still waiting for those?

Yep. No timeframe on those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Nal wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/culture/2017/0201/849307-u2-welcome-to-the-cabaret/
    Interesting to see something other than brainless praise on RTE. Excellent article.

"The title track is Spinal Tap's "Lick my love pump".

Absolute gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Seve OB wrote:
    Email came through this evening with u2.Com code

Seve OB wrote:
    I'll park it till I need to renew

My subscription got another 8 months left...... I wonder if the code has an expiry date ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cathalj wrote: »
    My subscription got another 8 months left...... I wonder if the code has an expiry date ??

i was wondering the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

I assume everyone received collector tickets update today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

ITgirl73 wrote: »

Yep, got e-mail from Ticketmaster earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Yep got e-mail also.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got the email yesterday too

Pity but at least there letting us all now that these tickets will be late coming.

Im still waiting on my Guns N Roses london tickets that i ordered last dec

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got the email yesterday too

Pity but at least there letting us all now that these tickets will be late coming.

Im still waiting on my Guns N Roses london tickets that i ordered last dec

You could be waiting a long time ,Ticketmaster UK are pretty slow to dispatch tickets .They might not post them out until a few weeks before the gig.

Some of the UK ticket sellers bizarrely seem to think posting tickets out a week before a gig is acceptable .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

ITgirl73 wrote: »

I'm waiting on one collectors ticket for Amsterdam but haven't received any email. Any chance you could let me know what the update is please?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Hello,
    The tickets aren't ready to print yet, this is because we are still looking at a few final details with the event organisers.

Your Collector Ticket will give you access to the event thanks to its unique barcode. You will receive a special plastic credit card sized 'Collector Ticket' with lanyard to keep and treasure as a mememto of the event. Collector Ticket artwork may vary from artwork shown here.

We will email you to let you know the tickets are on the way!

Best Wishes

Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

bucks73 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on one collectors ticket for Amsterdam but haven't received any email. Any chance you could let me know what the update is please?

Thanks.

I went with the E-Ticket option for my AMS tickets.

You could be waiting a long time ,Ticketmaster UK are pretty slow to dispatch tickets .They might not post them out until a few weeks before the gig.

Some of the UK ticket sellers bizarrely seem to think posting tickets out a week before a gig is acceptable .

I remember i ordered E tickets for a stone roses gig in Manchester last year and they didnt email them to me til about a week before the gig

Got a few other tickets to UK events a month or 2 after ordering them but they were arena events

Cant wait to see the collector tickets and fool everyone sitting around me that im a VIP lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Veloce wrote: »
    I went with the E-Ticket option for my AMS tickets.

Yeah I bought 3 e-tickets also but there were none showing when I was trying to get 4 four the morning of presage so thought I'd try one at a time of the different options.

One collectors ticket showed up first so I went for it and then about 2 hours later more went up for sale so I bought the other three.

https://www.joe.ie/music/u2-talk-new-album-reworking-joshua-tree-tracks-ahead-world-tour/578298

So we're getting a new version of Red Hill Mining Town in time for the tour

If they changing the sound of the Joshua Tree tracks I hope it's for the better and as close to the originals as possible. Have really grown to love 'in God's Country' and TTYW'. Have a feeling MOTD and Exit will be kind of ignored by the the lesser fans at the gig's as there slower than some of the other tracks on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anyone going to Paris able to tell me how much a pitch ticket was? Just picked up two for the second night on StubHub for <€260 including fees, postage etc. Not too bad a price if FV was about €100

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Anyone going to Paris able to tell me how much a pitch ticket was? Just picked up two for the second night on StubHub for <€260 including fees, postage etc. Not too bad a price if FV was about €100

Face value is 78.50 according to Ticketmaster France

The French dont really go in for touting .

I had a quick look at Seatwave the other day and saw some gombeen paid 1000 euro per ticket for 2 Premium level seats in the Davin Stand.
    Mother of God ,that is demented.
    You could have a weekend in Paris staying at the Ritz ,go to the concert and still have change out of the 1k .
    Youd nearly have a better view of the Dublin gig from Paris than the Davin stand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

I ordered collecter tickets but received paper tickets in the post??

I had a quick look at Seatwave the other day and saw some gombeen paid 1000 euro per ticket for 2 Premium level seats in the Davin Stand.
    You could have a weekend in Paris staying at the Ritz ,go to the concert and still have change out of the 1k .
    Youd nearly have a better view of the Dublin gig from Paris than the Davin stand too.

hes going to be pissed off when the production tickets go on sale or a possible second date is announced. mad money to spend and so idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

hes going to be pissed off when the production tickets go on sale or a possible second date is announced. mad money to spend and so idiotic

Will the production tickets include pitch tickets as well as seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

But yet people will justify it to themselves that it's worth it.

**** that, that's 2 glastos / 3 electric picnics etc......

Will the production tickets include pitch tickets as well as seats?

Yes .

The exact B stage layout isnt known yet so the number of pitch tickets isnt known either.
    I also suspect Ticketmaster don't know where the divide between Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 will be so I'd expect alot of Pitch 2 tickets to be released near the gig .

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yes .

The exact B stage layout isnt known yet so the number of pitch tickets isnt known either.
    I also suspect Ticketmaster don't know where the divide between Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 will be so I'd expect alot of Pitch 2 tickets to be released near the gig .

Good to know, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is there anyway of telling if sales are genuine and money was actually paid.

I see 2x pitch 2 tickets supposedly sold for €930 today
    http://www.seatwave.ie/u2-tickets/croke-park-stadium-tickets/22-july-2017/perf/1093095

yet there are pairs for 730, 750, 756, 779

although the only ones which are "ready to dispatch right away" are 930

Could this people people just pissing off sellers, I read of GAA fans putting bids and buying "buy it now" tickets on ebay -they had no intention of going and were just messing up the tout's auction.

rubadub wrote: »
    Is there anyway of telling if sales are genuine and money was actually paid.

I would say that most of the Seatwave and Stubhub recent sales are genuine ,however Viagogos one's are mostly fantasy .
    Viagogos site truly is a piece of work ,the amount of crap on it trying to pressure people into buying is quite nasty.
    Could this people people just pissing off sellers, I read of GAA fans putting bids and buying "buy it now" tickets on ebay -they had no intention of going and were just messing up the tout's auction.

No,as the buyer pays via credit card immediately I believe.
    Its not like Ebay where you can commit to buy and pay later .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Two tweets collector tickets Croke Park received. I am still waiting

Advertisement