Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I read about someone who paid over the odds for 2 Billy Connolly tickets for one of last week's 3arena shows, and was turned away as the tickets were fake.

He bought them on seatwave.

Avoid at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

poundhound wrote: »
    I read about someone who paid over the odds for 2 Billy Connolly tickets for one of last week's 3arena shows, and was turned away as the tickets were fake.

He bought them on seatwave.

Avoid at all costs!

He will get a refund and the seller has no advantage selling fakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The purchaser may get a refund, but he missed the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He will get a refund and the seller has no advantage selling fakes.

The seatwave seller might not know they were fakes. I was reading why tickets can appear so fast on seatwave, the sellers may not even have them yet, they sell them on the basis that they can send them out later. In the meantime they go looking at other ways to get them, so could buy on ebay etc and get fakes that way.

So this is in a weird way the "advantage" to the seller of being able to sell fakes. Seatwave unchecked allow him to sell potentially fake tickets and he can decide to take the risk. I wonder what fine/penalty, if any, the seller incurs for selling fakes. Maybe he can easily set up a new account. There was some trick involving prepaid credit cards.

Meanwhile he screws over someone who might have travelled all day to the event, got hotels, meals, annual leave etc.

rubadub wrote: »
    The seatwave seller might not know they were fakes. I was reading why tickets can appear so fast on seatwave, the sellers may not even have them yet, they sell them on the basis that they can send them out later. In the meantime they go looking at other ways to get them, so could buy on ebay etc and get fakes that way.

So this is in a weird way the "advantage" to the seller of being able to sell fakes. Seatwave unchecked allow him to sell potentially fake tickets and he can decide to take the risk. I wonder what fine/penalty, if any, the seller incurs for selling fakes. Maybe he can easily set up a new account. There was some trick involving prepaid credit cards.

Meanwhile he screws over someone who might have travelled all day to the event, got hotels, meals, annual leave etc.
    A real credit card in the name of the seller has to be registered on seatwave, a prepaid won't work here, seller wont get paid till a couple of weeks after the gig anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

My collector tickets arrived this morning

No sign of mine yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mine arrived too

Bit disappointed as its the exact same card that appeared on the website

Thought they were changing design

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Mine too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

For the Dublin concert, I presume?

For the Dublin concert, I presume?

Yes. Still no sign of my London tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone else still waiting for the regular paper tickets for the Dublin gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Anybody thinking of driving up to the concert and driving down after? I am thinking of doing this as I can't bare parting with an extortionate amount of money to stay somewhere for a few hours. Any recommendations?

I was thinking LUAS P&R as I will be travelling from the south but I'm not sure what time the Luas runs until and don't want to have to be rushing out at the end of the gig. Another place that I was thinking of was the Mater multistory carpark in Eccles St. Anybody else planning on using this on the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Anybody thinking of driving up to the concert and driving down after? I am thinking of doing this as I can't bare parting with an extortionate amount of money to stay somewhere for a few hours. Any recommendations?

I was thinking LUAS P&R as I will be travelling from the south but I'm not sure what time the Luas runs until and don't want to have to be rushing out at the end of the gig. Another place that I was thinking of was the Mater multistory carpark in Eccles St. Anybody else planning on using this on the night?

Park at the Red Cow roundabout and get the Luas to Busaras ,then walk to Croke Park.

The Luas runs till 1am I think so should be no hassle getting back to Red Cow .
    I've done it a number of times ,inc U2 at the 3arena ,very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I haven't got my collector tickets yet.

For anyone who has received them: on ticketmaster order history does it say that your tickets have been dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Veloce wrote: »
    I haven't got my collector tickets yet.

For anyone who has received them: on ticketmaster order history does it say that your tickets have been dispatched?

Same boat here no sign of them.

Looking at some of the twitter posts. One of photos has lovely lanyard with Croke Park collector tickets with 1987 2017 on it while others have standard plain lanyard. Are some people receiving the nicer ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Looking at some of the twitter posts. One of photos has lovely lanyard with Croke Park collector tickets with 1987 2017 on it while others have standard plain lanyard. Are some people receiving the nicer ones?

Recieved my tickets,only the plain lanyards.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Mine are plain too

• Advertisement

plain here too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Any word on what the fanclub gift for 2017 is yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Any word on what the fanclub gift for 2017 is yet?

Nope, still waiting on that also. Might contact them next week about it.

Pity they are plain Europe seem to have lovely ones with 1987-2017. Still no sign of my tickets

Nope, still waiting on that also. Might contact them next week about it.

what difference is that going to make? surely when it is announced, it is announced. I don't think they are going to tell you over email before they make the big announcement themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

The latest update from one of the community managers on the website is as follows:

"its coming... what/exactly when - unknown... don't have any more for now

as soon as able.. will post"

So basically don't hold your breadth which is par for the course with the fanclub gifts

Only 2 months to go til the start of the tour (12 May BC Place Vancouver Canada)

Whats everyones hopes for the setlist ??, where will the Joshua Tree album be on the setlist ??

Id like to see it like this

Part 1
    1 I Will Follow
    2 Out Of Control
    3 Gloria
    4 New Years Day
    5 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    6 A Sort Of Homcoming
    7 Bad
    8 The Unforgettable Fire
    Video Package about the Joshua Tree Album
    Part 2
    9 MOTD
    10 Exit
    11 One Tree Hill
    12 Trip Through Your Wires
    13 In Gods Country
    14 Red Hill Minning Town
    15 Running To The Standstill
    16 Bullet In The Blue Sky
    17 With Or Without You
    18 ISHFWILF
    19 WTSHNN
    Some Donald Trump/Political Video
    Part 3
    20 Desire
    21 Mysterious Ways
    22 Stuck In a Moment
    23 Vertigo
    24 City Of Blinding Lights
    Encore
    25 Beautiful Day
    26 Mircle Of Joey Ramone
    27 Pride
    28 One

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Whats everyones hopes for the setlist ??, where will the Joshua Tree album be on the setlist ??
    I have been to 4 or 5 gigs of "classic albums", pretty sure 100% played the album in full and in perfect order, with no songs beforehand. They all did a selection of "greatest hits" afterwards, usually after a short break, or ran into a few songs straight after and then a good few more after an break/encore. I have absolutely no doubt U2 will do extra songs (think I saw some people somewhere concerned it would be JT and thats it, or just a few more), some were in doubt about other gigs I was at, or that it might be just 1 or 2, I was never disappointed, in croke park I doubt there is any chance of being shortchanged.

You can check setlists on setlist.fm to show most do this. I remember sometimes thinking it would have been better to not be in prefect order. I do like a good opener, to get things going from the get-go, but some albums had several of my favourites at the start, and if I had the choice I would have had them wait until a bit later. And in normal gigs they might have held back those "well known classics" until later.

The only reason I do like them being in order is to plan bar/toilet breaks :p

rubadub wrote: »
    I have been to 4 or 5 gigs of "classic albums", pretty sure 100% played the album in full and in perfect order, with no songs beforehand. They all did a selection of "greatest hits" afterwards, usually after a short break, or ran into a few songs straight after and then a good few more after an break/encore. I have absolutely no doubt U2 will do extra songs (think I saw some people somewhere concerned it would be JT and thats it, or just a few more), some were in doubt about other gigs I was at, or that it might be just 1 or 2, I was never disappointed, in croke park I doubt there is any chance of being shortchanged.

You can check setlists on setlist.fm to show most do this. I remember sometimes thinking it would have been better to not be in prefect order. I do like a good opener, to get things going from the get-go, but some albums had several of my favourites at the start, and if I had the choice I would have had them wait until a bit later. And in normal gigs they might have held back those "well known classics" until later.

The only reason I do like them being in order is to plan bar/toilet breaks :p

I try to avoid toilet breaks but sometimes after a pint or 2 it's hard lol

Yeah can't wait to see what the setlist will be after the first show of the tour

Croke Park will be special

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hard to see them playing 28 songs. I'd say 23/24 would be more likely.

Advertisement